AFL PA Homophobic!

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrew Mc said:
All photos are copyrighted, whether by the AFLPA, Getty Images or Joe Blog. Without their permission, it's a breach of copyright if the owner hasn't given permission. You also can't take a picture of someone and use it for commercial purposes either, so it could be requested to be removed by the person who is in the image if there are grounds (or someone who is representing them - perhaps the AFLPA in this case). I imagine there are other grounds for requesting removal too.
The players themselves also requested action. A few years back there was one of Matthew Primus. He complained.

So tess how would you feel about your image used without your consent on a gay hate website???

didn't think so

unless the player themselves gives permission for their pic to be on the site (unless its a private site) it shouldn't be on there associating the players with a lifestyle thats not theirs. Even if it is theirs, its their personal decision not yours dearie.

If the players have requested for their images to be removed, who are you to say they shouldn't be allowed to?

tess said:
OK.... btw are you a closet AFL supporter? your Club is unlisted!

How about you get off your big fat arrrs and do something for yourself. It's got nothing to do with me anyway, if you NTTAWWTs are OK with being kept locked up ... fine!

No wonder I always despised your lot.

not having much luck board

tess said:
It's no bloody wonder that no man playing AFL footy has ever come out of the closet.

The AFL PA has "requested" that a popular AFL site aimed at the GLBT market removes all pictures of AFL players in various stages of undress.

I know of a popular non gay site that got a letter from the AFL recently for breach of copyright including using AFL images. I doubt it has anything to do with the site being aimed at gay & lesbians.

Coastering said:
People who express homophobic views, like most of the people who have responded to this thread, tend to harbour homosexual urges themselves. So well done Tess, you've just outed about a dozen bigfooty posters. Great thread!
Bingo. Everyone who knows they are straight doesn't care.

tess said:
It's no bloody wonder that no man playing AFL footy has ever come out of the closet.

The AFL PA has "requested" that a popular AFL site aimed at the GLBT market removes all pictures of AFL players in various stages of undress. From being dacked on the field to the now famous North Melbourne Premiership Shower scene. Even Pictures of players frolicking around at beach side baths is included in this homophobic request.

There are many many INTERNATIONAL sites (just google naked sportsmen) that show the AFL players naked at times and certainly leaving very little to the imagination at other times.

But the AFL PA has decided that because this site is named as a GLBT site and is based in Melbourne Australia it will have a go at them.

No frigging wonder Mr Gale non of the boys will ever run to you for support as they prepare to come out. BTW how many have come out....... says something doesn't it Mr Gale. Wake up to yourself.
Do you understand that its the players, the individuals, that didn't want their photos on a site which may leave people to believe that they are gay.

Get your facts straight lefty.

tess, you need a reality check, this isnt homophobia, its looking after the interests of the players, which is the job of the AFLPA.
your just looking for trouble, you are a uninformed, idiot. check that you understand the meaning of a word before, coming out and calling somebody it when you clearly dont know what it means;)

So Tess, if someone puts a picture of me half naked on a gay pr0n site WITHOUT my permission, and i ask for them to take the picture off the site does that make me homophobic? :rolleyes:

How is it even a gay issue.

Australian website has innappropriate photos on it - AFL asks them to take them off.

For all we know other sites have received the same request.... and if they haven't could well be to do with the fact that being oversees - our australian laws have less or no "control" over them.

talk about straight-o-phobic

Lids2Hughes said:
So Tess, if someone puts a picture of me half naked on a gay pr0n site WITHOUT my permission, and i ask for them to take the picture off the site does that make me homophobic? :rolleyes:

It would depend on your reasoning for not having it there, if you didn't want it on there due to it being a gay pr0n site then maybe you can be considered that.

But if you don't want it there because you don't want it there because it's a pr0n site, and you don't want your half naked body exposed then no.

Either way, I wouldn't really think so.

I think Tess is arguing that they wanted it removed due to the word "gay" rather then other issues. I'm assuming anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coastering said:
People who express homophobic views, like most of the people who have responded to this thread, tend to harbour homosexual urges themselves. So well done Tess, you've just outed about a dozen bigfooty posters. Great thread!
Dear God!
In all the idiotic 'look at me' threads Tess has started I think you are the first person who has ever thought he had a valid point.

Coastering said:
People who express homophobic views, like most of the people who have responded to this thread, tend to harbour homosexual urges themselves.

Dike.

AFLPA legal letter said:
the photograph of the player holding a child (which appears in the Western Bulldogs section).

153948815.jpg

Is the AFL PA assuming the GLBT site is frequented by Pedophiles?

Lids2Hughes said:
Of course.

Gays, paedophiles, there all the same. :)

No, they aren't.

Gays go after people of the same sex.

pedophiles go after children, as far as I know most gay people have relationships with people of their own age, or of legal age.

There are no similarities at all.

Exactly. There are homosexual paedophiles and straight paedophiles.

This issue isn't anything to do with sexual orientation, it is to do with players not wanting photos of themselves showering plastered around the internet.

The North Melbourne pictures the Club used for PR after their last Premiership if I remember correctly. Pics of Nathan Buckley catching a few big fish during the 2003 trip to the top end without his shirt on. A player having his pants pulled down during a game of footy....

We are getting a precious aren't we?

You want photos of you naked, shirtless catching fish and having pants pulled down over the internet sunshine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back