AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting to hear thoughts on the games this week.

Tigers back on track? Losing their first 2 practice games would suggest they were off track, but i am a big believer in practice matches being just that. I don't know but i can't wait for the first few rounds to see exactly were everyone is at?

Aspley in the hunt? The number of quality recruits will have them improved but will they threaten for the premiership? I personally think they will battle to make the finals. Not saying they won't make them but they will have a fight on their hands from, in no particular order MT Gravatt, Morningside, Lions, Southport, Redlands, Labrador and NT. 8 pretty decent teams fighting for 5 spots.

Southport play this week? No they played last weekend and pumped Magpies. Week off like everyone then into Redlands round 1.

Anyone got a top five prediction? Mine is:
NT
Southport
Lions
Morningside
Labrador

Redlands a smoky but hard to gauge. Mt Gravatt to miss. Hard to replace Grose, Dosser and Tommy out for a large chunk.

Pretty hard to put that 5 together
After seeing Morningside first hand at Kirra last sat,they will be wooden spooners.Very ordianary even though they had heap of players missing and it was a trial

Big Spida Everitt played his first game for labrador in the reserves last sat.He could hardly get out of a trot.He will have to improve dramatically to even play first grade throughout the year.

I notice that Mitch Hahn donated a dozen sherrin footballs to the Zillmere Eagles Juniors AFL from his super goal in the NAB Cup.Might say something about certain people on Aspleys committee of the treatment of players that have left the club.

He didn't actually donate them.

Interesting to hear thoughts on the games this week.

Tigers back on track? Losing their first 2 practice games would suggest they were off track, but i am a big believer in practice matches being just that. I don't know but i can't wait for the first few rounds to see exactly were everyone is at?

Aspley in the hunt? The number of quality recruits will have them improved but will they threaten for the premiership? I personally think they will battle to make the finals. Not saying they won't make them but they will have a fight on their hands from, in no particular order MT Gravatt, Morningside, Lions, Southport, Redlands, Labrador and NT. 8 pretty decent teams fighting for 5 spots.

Southport play this week? No they played last weekend and pumped Magpies. Week off like everyone then into Redlands round 1.

Anyone got a top five prediction? Mine is:
NT
Southport
Lions
Morningside
Labrador

Redlands a smoky but hard to gauge. Mt Gravatt to miss. Hard to replace Grose, Dosser and Tommy out for a large chunk.

Pretty hard to put that 5 together

find it difficult to believe anyone could think vultures wont be playing finals. agree hard to replace those blokes but enter smith,evans,hill,schultz,page,thomson,amua parrika and john james. all will be good senior players and tommy will come back for last half of season and dominate when it counts. not to mention young lads like rhys estall who will be fantastic this year and pratty will keep getting better and better. i mite be slightly biased but your kidding yourself. not to mention crackers who will come back for finals and do something special.

find it difficult to believe anyone could think vultures wont be playing finals. agree hard to replace those blokes but enter smith,evans,hill,schultz,page,thomson,amua parrika and john james. all will be good senior players and tommy will come back for last half of season and dominate when it counts. not to mention young lads like rhys estall who will be fantastic this year and pratty will keep getting better and better. i mite be slightly biased but your kidding yourself. not to mention crackers who will come back for finals and do something special.
Dont forget about the big loss of Ben Cadzow.

could be a long season for mt gravatt watched them tonight at the gabba they got belted by 92pts by the lions. not a bad first qtr but after that not good and got too say the Lions weren't great either

could be a long season for mt gravatt watched them tonight at the gabba they got belted by 92pts by the lions. not a bad first qtr but after that not good and got too say the Lions weren't great either
Everyone gets belted by the lions this time of the season.Aspley,Magpies would have lost by 200.

NT will give lions a good run for there money in rd 1 next fri night up in Darwin.Be a cracker of a game

hope mt gravatt have a long disappointing year..and give their mouthy feral supporters and players who resorted to the pits last season nothing to cheer abt all year

Now that the AFLQ lists are finalised I'll be interested to see how Aspley go. They have many new faces from down south,some ordinary young players from the Northern Raiders and Suncoast Power and some homegrown Aspley boys on the list only because of their family connections. This means several players are now de-listed despite their potential and unquestionable loyalty to the club.

Now that the AFLQ lists are finalised I'll be interested to see how Aspley go. They have many new faces from down south,some ordinary young players from the Northern Raiders and Suncoast Power and some homegrown Aspley boys on the list only because of their family connections. This means several players are now de-listed despite their potential and unquestionable loyalty to the club.

is there a site to see these lists on the web

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My tips for this week (ROUND 1)

NT VS BRIS LIONS
ASPLEY VS BROADBEACH
SOUTHPORT VS REDLANDS
LABRADOR VS WESTERN MAGPIES
MORNINGSIDE VS MT.GRAVATT

Tips & Margins to see just how terrible i am at tipping.

NT
VS BRIS LIONS - 32
ASPLEY VS BROADBEACH - 40
SOUTHPORT VS REDLAND - 24
LABRADOR VS WESTERN MAGPIES - 67
MORNINGSIDEVS MT.GRAVATT - 19

Hmm some tough matches to tip for round 1, but this is how I see it:

NT VS BRIS LIONS - 20 points

ASPLEY VS BROADBEACH - 12 points

SOUTHPORT VS REDLANDS - 3 points

LABRADOR VS WESTERN MAGPIES - 32 points

MORNINGSIDE VS MT.GRAVATT - 21 points

I notice that Mitch Hahn donated a dozen sherrin footballs to the Zillmere Eagles Juniors AFL from his super goal in the NAB Cup.Might say something about certain people on Aspleys committee of the treatment of players that have left the club.

Might also say something about the fact that Zillmere, with only five junior teams (give or take) and no club revenue to speak of, may need twelve Sherrins a little more than Aspley??

NT VS BRIS LIONS - 25 points

ASPLEY VS BROADBEACH - 20 points

SOUTHPORT VS REDLANDS- 30 points

LABRADOR VS WESTERN MAGPIES - 32 points

MORNINGSIDE VS MT.GRAVATT - 20 points

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back