AFL Queensland - 2010 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OB is interested to know why he is of such importance in the Thunder v Hornets game (for starters OB is unlikely to get a touch)

Cats v Panthers: Cats hard to beat down there and who from the Panthers will get the hard-ball? Cats
Pies v Sharks: No contest, despite the pairing of the Lavey Bros. Sharks
Bombers v Tigers: The Bombers to go with a 7-man forward line, 3-man centre square and 'play with gay abandon', but I think the Tigers will still win.
Thunder v Hornets: A danger game for Thunder, because the Hornets might just be getting their act together. The jinx is in Darwin, but the Thunder might have something extra up their sleeve or in the box and the home ground advantage. Thunder in a good contest - just. (Evans to kick at least one goal :rolleyes:)

The cats could not beat panthers without shelton,kinch,holman,bell and connell.Cats gone.

Panthers handed up a 32 point 3/4 time lead to trail by 5 points well into the last qtr.Woke up to win by 32

Redlands season over already after being outplayed by Labrador.With Redlands list questions must be asked

Southport cruised to victory over magpies

NT beat Aspley fairly easily. The scoreboard probably flattered the Hornets but they never gave up trying. Cameron Ilett was very good, had heaps of the ball and kicked seven goals to be best on ground. Jamie Sheahan had leather poisoning for Aspley and was there best by a fair margin in my opinion. Does anyone know why Sam Carpenter didn't play?

NT beat Aspley fairly easily. The scoreboard probably flattered the Hornets but they never gave up trying. Cameron Ilett was very good, had heaps of the ball and kicked seven goals to be best on ground. Jamie Sheahan had leather poisoning for Aspley and was there best by a fair margin in my opinion. Does anyone know why Sam Carpenter didn't play?

At a wedding I heard

Leaderboard

44 Chikka (4)
40 Morphus (3)
39 Oddball (3)
36 Stuyd (3)
35 Ashley S (3)
35 Big E (3)
35 Damo (2)
33 Lifes A Beach (4)
29 Mongrel Punt (3)

Oh yeah I was looking forward to seeing him play.

Can anyone fill me in onto what is happening at Aspley. Was reading the local Bordermail (Albury Wodonga paper) and read that Myles Albers was maybe returning home. I have since heard on the grapevine that another is leaving at the end of the year. Why is this? Homesick? Maybe they thought it was going to be different? Any one care to elaborate?

Southport Vs Broadbeach - Zorko-less Cats, may get ugly.
Magpies Vs Aspley - Magpies big chance here, and with club stalwart Mihalopoulos playing his 200th, you would hope they find something. Rare to have a player that loyal, fingers crossed they pay him back.
Thunder Vs Redland - Thunder on a roll, Redland on struggle street.
Labrador Vs Mt Gravatt - Vultures lose, looks hard from here. Need to win 5 of last 7 to be certain. Still have Morningside and Southport to play. Tarrant??, Vearing, Carins and possibly Pratt returning and Evans with another game under the belt. Must win
Panthers Vs Lions - Panthers keep finding ways to win. Be handy to get this with Shelton due back in next fortnight.

hey boys, just wondering if somebody could please just give me an update on how all the ovens and murray boys are travelling?
i see aalbers dropped to the twos at aspley and heard whispers he might be returning home? also kane godde was with southport last i heard, is he still there or back at north albury? and any reasons behind why there returning so early?

the last couple of Thunder games this yr are being moved from TIO to Gardens Oval (20/20 Cricket tournie)

they will be afternoon games, not night games and the ground is a bit smaller and much much much prettier.

183937146_d8c09a3f76.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

90% certain, only sorting through the details.Will be voted on in August by the AFL. Clubs such as Sydney have been wanting to get into a better comp for a while. Sponsorship already secured by the AFL to pay for travel.

Structures not finalised but Brisbane, Sydney, GC17, GWS, NT Canberra clubs and QAFL clubs ( 4 or 2). and possibly Cairns.

Clubs left will form new divisions in QLD.

Heard last night proposed teams are 4 from Canberra,GC17,Brisbane Lions,Sydney Swans,GWC(Israels team),NT,3 AFLQ clubs.

Cairns and Sunshine Coast possibilities.Will happen next year.

I would be very surprised if the Sunshine Coast was a team given the amount of organisation and recruiting required. I have no idea who the QAFL clubs would be because they will need to put up a fair amount as a salary cap as well as being competitive.. Southport is the only club that would fulfil the criteria of being solvent and competitive. Rumour I heard was a salary cap of $200 000. Hope the organisers are looking at all clubs financial viability and ability to be competitive long term and not just income from poker machines !!!

Personally think QAFL would be better off without the Lions and the impact of GC17 on the comp is best described as an unwanted distraction. It will still be a very competitive comp

Thunder in the alice over Redlands
Labrador over Vultures who may be without Pratt again,Thomson and few others with illness.Offsets the gain of Vearing and maybe White and Tarrant.
Southport easy over Broadbeach
Panthers over Lions.Will Fevola play for the 2s?
Aspley over Magpies.Now or never for Magpies with bumble bees coming back from top end last week and Shir in doubt but maybe next year to win a game for Magpies

Sharks Vs Cats: no Zorko = no chance for Cats (probably wouldn't win with Zorko either)
Magpies Vs Hornets: Hornets beware, but just can't see the Pies getting up
Thunder Vs Bombers: Thunder will win at the Alice
Tigers Vs Vultures: The Vultures need to win games and might just spring a surprise.
Panthers Vs Lions: Geez, who knows - the Panthers might just have enough to get up.

You have prescribed to many drugs thunderdoc in tipping Redlands

Inside info thunder doc as nt lost Cam Roberts,Zeph Skinner and Argus before game plus the 4 state u18s who had the flu.Opens up 4th and 5th spot now.
I had Redlands gone last week but if Vultures and Lions lose tomorrow then they are back in action.Bumblebees are there abouts as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back