Game Day AFL Round 6 - Collingwood vs Essendon Matchday Discussion (ANZAC DAY)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping for a good game with us taking out the points. Also hoping to NOT see the shitty dance crew.
It there's anyone sitting near P4 behind the goals, come say hi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson potentially out too well that could be a tipping point for my prediction!

If true it does mean the Bellchambers as emergency make sense. If you lose your best inside mid you obviously can't replace that so picking a ruckman to provide the mids you do have with increased opportunities is the next best option.

Watson potentially out too well that could be a tipping point for my prediction!

If true it does make the Bellchambers as emergency make sense. If you lose your best inside mid you obviously can't replace that so picking a ruckman to provide the mids you do have with increased opportunities is the next best option.
so what do we do then?

We now proceed to smash them! Forget about tempering expectations if Watson is out :p
well besides that, i meant if they do bring in bellchambers , do we make a late change to combat that or go with an unchanged side?

well besides that, i meant if they do bring in bellchambers , do we make a late change to combat that or go with an unchanged side?
No change. Our team balance is good. Witts and Grundy both in make even more sense, and also frees up White to be a full-time forward.

so what do we do then?

IMO, nothing, but I won't be surprised if Brown comes in.

Maxwell v Griffiths and Currie has worked because of the pressure we've applied further afield. I think we'd back ourselves in to maintain that pressure if all of Goddard, Watson, Myers and Hocking are out.

The flipside is if we believe that Maxwell can't go with Ryder and Bellchambers in the air we bring Brown in for Langdon and back Maxwell to cover Hardingham with support provided to all defenders by Lumumba.

The bonus is that with opposition scouts we would have known in advance that this is a possibility. Just as I'm sure they'll be prepared for any reaction we make to Watson potentially missing :thumbsu:

Caff to Heppell will make me very happy. Heppell is not used to a hard tag and will get completely smothered.

Sitting in M55 - can't wait. What a beautiful day for football.

Go Pies!

SEN REPORTING THAT JOBE WATSON COULD MISS TODAYS CLASH WITH GASTRO
If true, that's s**t news for us in more ways than one.

I've always enjoyed reading your writeups mattys123, top effort again! The pies definitely go in favourites, but as you said, anything could happen.

Brain says pies by ~18, but heart says Jobe plays, Stanton kicks a thousand goals and Hurley changes that daft haircut of his. The rest of me will settle for a nice close, exciting game, hopefully with us coming out on top.

They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn
At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them
Lest we forget.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back