AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think it’s all kittens and rainbows for them. I think they need to pay a fair portion of annual fees they’ve not paid for the years they’ve lapsed.

Still, that’s no comfort if you’re silver and they’re keeping you from gold.

I think they have to pay the absentee fee for the years they were lapsed - so 2 years lapsed you pay $360 or wherever it is (assuming $180/year for an absentee membership) to rejoin back as a full member.

I don't know why they're going out offering it though, if people ask, sure but not sure what the point is in going out seeking the lapsed members - not like they're running short of silver members itching to be upgraded.

They really should get rid of (or severely limit) lapses/deferrals, but I assume it is a fair cash cow for the AFL, with ppl paying an annual fee without attending games so I doubt they will want to give that up.

If it wasn't financially beneficial for the AGL I doubt they would offer them

They really should get rid of (or severely limit) lapses/deferrals, but I assume it is a fair cash cow for the AFL, with ppl paying an annual fee without attending games so I doubt they will want to give that up.

If it wasn't financially beneficial for the AGL I doubt they would offer them

No doubt when people are going s**t, they defer the membership and when things come good again, it's time to pay up.

They should be gone. You either pay full price or back of the line

I wonder what would happen if 10000 gold members defer for a year? They cant bring 10000 silver members up just for a year right? Or allow them in and run at increased capacity until it slowly decays back to 30K

I wonder what would happen if 10000 gold members defer for a year? They cant bring 10000 silver members up just for a year right? Or allow them in and run at increased capacity until it slowly decays back to 30K
Interesting question. All that the AFL Membership T&C's say is that Gold Members are capped at 30,000 but it doesn't state whether it includes both active and Absentee Members in that tally or just the actives.

I would speculate that it does include absent members so as to avoid the potential disaster of many thousands going absent all at once and then wanting to return all at once.

I think they have to pay the absentee fee for the years they were lapsed - so 2 years lapsed you pay $360 or wherever it is (assuming $180/year for an absentee membership) to rejoin back as a full member.

I don't know why they're going out offering it though, if people ask, sure but not sure what the point is in going out seeking the lapsed members - not like they're running short of silver members itching to be upgraded.

21.12 Lapse Fee

If an AFL Member has let their membership lapse for a period of 2 or fewer seasons, they may be required to pay a lapse fee for each season they have not been a member to regain their previous status. The lapse fee for 2022 is $300 per season and $170 for the 2021 season (maximum fee of $470).

The lapse fee will allow the member to regain their previous status, however it will not continue their years of membership.

If the lapsed member, including Gold members, has not been financial in the last 2 seasons, they are not eligible to join back at their previous status.

Anyone not going to boxing day wanna swing me their barcodes? Feel free to pm me. Chasing about 4.

Anyone not going to boxing day wanna swing me their barcodes? Feel free to pm me. Chasing about 4.
absolutely-not-nope.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I signed my child up (under 7) in August this year expecting him to go straight on the wait list . I got an email today saying his details have been added and he will be allocated a wait list number at the end of the 2024 season wtf ? Is this normal ? Is he on the wait list to go on the wait list ?

I signed my child up (under 7) in August this year expecting him to go straight on the wait list . I got an email today saying his details have been added and he will be allocated a wait list number at the end of the 2024 season wtf ? Is this normal ? Is he on the wait list to go on the wait list ?
I would guess it is just poor wording by the AFL. I would think he will be on the list but they just won't give a waitlist number until after 2024 renewals. You could try calling to ask after the final renewal date (end of May I think) or wait till October.

Signed my 2 toddlers in June and they got their waitlist number a few weeks ago

Might be best to ring them up.

Continued here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back