AFL Silver Membership Waitlist Number

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it hasn't, it's gone up by about $30 - its $590 this year last year was $560 from memory.

Actually, I am wrong and you are right.
For some reason I thought Full Membership was $620 last year.
I just checked invoices.
Silver was $420 and I had to pay $155 for upgrade which makes it $575.
That means it has gone up $15.
Stupid me spreading false information. :mad::mad::mad::oops::oops::oops::drunk::drunk::drunk:

I joined last year and recently got my new 2016 card but there is no sign of how many are ahead of me... can someone point me in the right direction to find out?
Its on he paperwork that comes with the card.
It lists your member number, member type then waitlist number

Actually, I am wrong and you are right.
For some reason I thought Full Membership was $620 last year.
I just checked invoices.
Silver was $420 and I had to pay $155 for upgrade which makes it $575.
That means it has gone up $15.
Stupid me spreading false information. :mad::mad::mad::oops::oops::oops::drunk::drunk::drunk:

I paid $52.50 x 10 months for 2015 = $525
For 2016 I am paying $59 x 10 months = $590

Thats a $75 increase.

My wife has a silver membership;
She paid $42 x 10 for 2015 = $420
For 2016 she is paying $43 x 10 months = $430

Only a $10 Increase.

Would it be fair to say AFL membership is a Melbourne thing and useless for anyone outside of Melbourne?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Would it be fair to say AFL membership is a Melbourne thing and useless for anyone outside of Melbourne?

The only benefit for an interstate member is that it will guarantee you a GF Ticket if your team makes the GF.

I don't think they even offer it to some interstate clubs. I know when my wife signed up (Adelaide supporter), it said it wasn't available if you are SA based.

Don't get cheap Cricket tickets anymore - same price for both Gold and Silver these days.

That is what annoys me the most.
I don't want to fork out $40 to go and watch West Indies.
I think they have also limited the AFL Members reserve for the cricket because they did not get many members at the cricket.
Used to be half the price for Full members. Around $20 for boxing day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is what annoys me the most.
I don't want to fork out $40 to go and watch West Indies.
I think they have also limited the AFL Members reserve for the cricket because they did not get many members at the cricket.
Used to be half the price for Full members. Around $20 for boxing day.
Please note that it is an AFL membership. Not a cricket membership. Just be thankful you get cricket for so cheap. It's just a bonus.

Thinking of getting this. Am I correct to think you get level 4 access at MCG and level 3 at Docklands and have to pay extra per game for levels 2 and 1?

Last edited:
Thinking of getting this. Am I correct to think you get level 4 access at MCG and level 3 at Docklands and have to pay extra per game for levels 2 and 1?

Depends on the game- for example at the MCG while you pretty much always have to pay to secure a level 2 ticket, level 1 is often part of the "general admission" section so you can just walk up scan your card and find a seat on level 1. It is generally blockbuster games between two big Melbourne teams that level 1 is only available by purchasing a seat.

At Etihad there is a very small AFL members section on level 1, so the majority of games you end up on level 3 if you don't pay extra. Only games between smaller vic clubs and interstate clubs you can walk up to the level 1 seats.

It's worth noting though that, as a Bombers supporter, I think you can pay extra money on top of the membership and reserve a seat at Etihad for all Bombers home games - if you do this, you don't have to pay the seat reservation ($7.95).

As Millhouse has said, you can sometimes get Level 1 or Level 3 seats at the G on walk up - I guess it's pretty common sense in terms of choosing games. For blockbuster games you'll probably end up on Level 4, for other games you're a good chance at Level 1 or 3. The AFL are good at sending an email/updating the AFL members website every week, and will let you know which (if any) bays you can just scan in and sit.

Etihad kind of sucks in comparison, which is why I mention the additional membership that I think exists for Essendon fans - while having to pay more sounds rubbish, I disagree. I got really sick of games that you wouldn't have thought were blockbusters last season (eg. Roos v Dogs) where I ended up on Level 3. The reason being that there is just nowhere near the amount of AFL member seating at Etihad as there is at the G. So if I went for a team playing at Etihad and could pay an annual fee to reserve a Level 1 seat, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Perhaps a "hidden/unspoken reason" for looking into/getting an AFL membership now - with the AFL looking to take over ownership of Etihad Stadium early, I would think that one of the first things they would do is to greatly expand the AFL members area. It might end up being a selling point at some point in the future, and might end up with a lot more members joining (who are members of teams that play at Etihad).

Heard on SEN this morning that a few Geelong AFL members are changing their club support to the Western Bulldogs in 2016 in protest of the GFC slugging them an extra $40 for reserved seat membership because they don't make as much on AFL members.

Anyone know the full details on this?

Heard on SEN this morning that a few Geelong AFL members are changing their club support to the Western Bulldogs in 2016 in protest of the GFC slugging them an extra $40 for reserved seat membership because they don't make as much on AFL members.

Anyone know the full details on this?

I spoke to a bloke from geelong Footy Club the other day after receiving an email. He explained that the minimum membership requirement to get a reserved seat at kp is $215(which is rubbish as you can get a resevred seat with a childs membership). An afl member with geelong support is only worth $107.50 to the club, so rather than the club 'absorbing' the extra cost they are determining a number (this year its $40) and whacking it on top of our seat prices for the 8 games.

I only signed up as an afl member last year, paid the joining fee ($300 or so), so its not like i'm going to cancel the membership to save $40. Just have to accept the fact that the club has us over a barrel each year as they determine the extra cost.

I spoke to a bloke from geelong Footy Club the other day after receiving an email. He explained that the minimum membership requirement to get a reserved seat at kp is $215(which is rubbish as you can get a resevred seat with a childs membership). An afl member with geelong support is only worth $107.50 to the club, so rather than the club 'absorbing' the extra cost they are determining a number (this year its $40) and whacking it on top of our seat prices for the 8 games.

I only signed up as an afl member last year, paid the joining fee ($300 or so), so its not like i'm going to cancel the membership to save $40. Just have to accept the fact that the club has us over a barrel each year as they determine the extra cost.

The point the caller was making was that the club had actually charged AFL Members $40 more than a Geelong member for their reserved seat, without telling the AFL Members. Someone must have picked up on this and complained to the AFL and the club was forced to write to members explaining this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back