AFL will always be a second-rate competition while grounds are different sizes.

Remove this Banner Ad

May 2, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
firstly, well done to the Hawks, way too good today.

Secondly, while the grounds are all different sizes this will always be a joke of a competition. Why grounds aren't all universally the same is completely beyond me.

Every other game has set margins but ours doesn't. Truly a joke of a competition.

AFL will always be a second-rate competition while teams put in second-rate performances in the grand final.

I'm talking about the Swans last year as well.
I'd personally say that as long as there are inequities in the fixture it will always be second rate.

Ground size adds variety to football
In my view, they should alter the dimensions of Etihad Stadium depending on which team has the home advantage.

Soccer, a widely followed sport in Europe has different sized grounds.

Different sized grounds is great for variety which means teams need to adapt. With exception to the SCG most grounds aren't that much different in size anyway so I cant see what the big deal is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When a new boutique stadium in Melbourne is built:

Create a home advantage for every team.
1. Have different dimensions from both the dome and G'.
2. Assign each Melbourne based team a home stadium.
3. Change the boundary width depending on which team is playing. Each team would have set dimensions.
4. If there is any possibility of changing the length than also do that.

Then finally:
On Grand Final day
5. Alter the dimensions to be as close as possible to the team which should have the home advantage. (bit hard for western Australian sides though)

firstly, well done to the Hawks, way too good today.

Secondly, while the grounds are all different sizes this will always be a joke of a competition. Why grounds aren't all universally the same is completely beyond me.

Every other game has set margins but ours doesn't. Truly a joke of a competition.

sour-lemon.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back