AFLPA- give us all evidence. ASADA no only what is relevant to the case.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

good4footy

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 9, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
West Ham
Hearing could be delayed due to a dispute over the evidence being requested by AFLPA. ASADA only keen to provide evidence based on the case they are prosecuting.

I find it interesting that AFLPA would feel compelled to ask for evidence that doesn't have anything to do with the case being prosecuted.

Hearing could be delayed due to a dispute over the evidence being requested by AFLPA. ASADA only keen to provide evidence based on the case they are prosecuting.

I find it interesting that AFLPA would feel compelled to ask for evidence that doesn't have anything to do with the case being prosecuted.

Does seem odd unless the AFLPA is thinking that the investigation may be ongoing into other substances, other persons or looking at action against support staff and coaches that hasn't been initiated at this point. Looks like they think that there is more to come from the saga after the player's cases are dealt with.

Does seem odd unless the AFLPA is thinking that the investigation may be ongoing into other substances, other persons or looking at action against support staff and coaches that hasn't been initiated at this point. Looks like they think that there is more to come from the saga after the player's cases are dealt with.

Or further evidence to suggest players were duped to commence Legal action against parties on players behalf

If the players/ Essendon lawyers are going to continue to delay proceedings, if/when they are found guilty I don't see why ASADA should backdate any sanction to Novemebr or whatever. This s**t is just dragging on and on. If the court proceedings is now not beginning until the new year through no fault of ASADA, fine, but any sanction date should start from then.

It might be well and good to suggest that ASADA's case is flimsy, but the players still don't appear to have a defence case and aren't in a hurry to get it heard. That says it all I think.

Maybe AFLPA want everything to assist players in coming court cases again their former employer?

Maybe AFLPA want everything to assist players in coming court cases again their former employer?
Couldn't they just wait then? It's not like they need these two things running simultaneously. And anything that ends up getting them banned will be what they use against the club.

Just more delaying tactics because they know they don't have a leg to stand on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the key quote:

ASADA is of the view it should only be required to hand over evidence it will rely on to prosecute its case.​

Clearly, the AFLPA are after all of the evidence collected by ASADA, regardless of whether they are using it to prosecute the case or not, including evidence that might be useful to the defence, noting that ASADA has already shown a propensity to hide evidence which contradicts the story it has built up in support of its case.

This is the key quote:

ASADA is of the view it should only be required to hand over evidence it will rely on to prosecute its case.​

Clearly, the AFLPA are after all of the evidence collected by ASADA, regardless of whether they are using it to prosecute the case or not, including evidence that might be useful to the defence, noting that ASADA has already shown a propensity to hide evidence which contradicts the story it has built up in support of its case.
I dont see why ASADA should assist in making the players case for them.

Besides, you've reliably informedthe good people of the HTB that the ASADA's case is extremely weak. What on earth are the AFLPA concerned about. It should be a cakewalk, amirite?

I dont see why ASADA should assist in making the players case for them.

Besides, you've reliably informedthe good people of the HTB that the ASADA's case is extremely weak. What on earth are the AFLPA concerned about. It should be a cakewalk, amirite?

Why not make it a certainty?

If ASADA has information which sheds some light on what happened, do you and all your cohorts not want it released?

Isn't it about finding out the truth? This is the sentiment I hear on this board all too often. Or is it simply about successful prosecutions by whatever means?

If ASADA has information which reveals the extent of guilt or otherwise of the footballers, as a publicly funded body, subject to the Commonwealth's model litigant policies, and given the public interest, isn't the release of the information preferable to the base instinct of counting notches?

Not ASADA's responsibility, and their requirement to maintain confidentiality probably prevents them from releasing anything apart from what is relevant to the prosecution at hand.

If ASADA has information which sheds some light on what happened, do you and all your cohorts not want it released?

Isn't it about finding out the truth? This is the sentiment I hear on this board all too often. Or is it simply about successful prosecutions by whatever means?

If ASADA has information which reveals the extent of guilt or otherwise of the footballers, as a publicly funded body, subject to the Commonwealth's model litigant policies, and given the public interest, isn't the release of the information preferable to the base instinct of counting notches?

So ASADA should provide information that weakens their case to find the truth.

Shouldn't players/Essendon/Hird do that also? After all, they 'only want the truth' (that they can't hide/suppress in court).

I'm trained in philosophy -"Truth" is a fluid concept. even moreso in Law as far as I can gather.

I cant speak for my fellow travellers, but no my good man, I'm not much interested in ASADA providing added evidence that doesn't support their case. I've been lead to believe by your learned self that ASADA have half of ferk all as far as a case goes. Lets get on with it I say and see if it is so this December 15.

You still havent convinced me why ASADA should be expected to help the players at this late juncture.

So ASADA should provide information that weakens their case to find the truth.

Shouldn't players/Essendon/Hird do that also? After all, they 'only want the truth' (that they can't hide/suppress in court).

But I would presume ASADA has collected information which the players may not be privy to.

As I said, if it's just about collecting notches, then of course, they should not release the information.

But if there is actually a higher purpose to this publicly funded body, then I would hope they act in the interests of openness, transparency and natural justice.

ASADA believe Essendon used TB4, that is a fact, that IS THE TRUTH that they believe. Why would ASADA provide pieces of evidence that will help rhe defense find a loophole , technicality or argue one point that could see ASADA lose.

Whether you like it or not ASADA do believe they have found the truth and are acting accordingly

I'm trained in philosophy -"Truth" is a fluid concept. even moreso in Law as far as I can gather.

I cant speak for my fellow travellers, but no my good man, I'm not much interested in ASADA providing added evidence that doesn't support their case. I've been lead to believe by your learned self that ASADA have half of ferk all as far as a case goes. Lets get on with it I say and see if it is so this December 15.

You still havent convinced me why ASADA should be expected to help the players at this late juncture.

If ASADA is in possession of information which might actually assist in exonerating the players (for example, ASADA might well know the source of the thymomodulin), would you actually argue that it should keep that information under lock and key and continue prosecuting the case?

I am saddened to hear such a viewpoint from a man of learning such as your good self.

ASADA believe Essendon used TB4, that is a fact, that IS THE TRUTH that they believe. Why would ASADA provide pieces of evidence that will help rhe defense find a loophole , technicality or argue one point that could see ASADA lose.

Whether you like it or not ASADA do believe they have found the truth and are acting accordingly

I'm sorry, but potentially there is a contradiction in what you have written.

If ASADA has information which contradicts ASADA's "truth", then the course they have chosen has nothing to do with the truth.

I'm sorry, but potentially there is a contradiction in what you have written.

If ASADA has information which contradicts ASADA's "truth", then the course they have chosen has nothing to do with the truth.

No, the contradiction is that you seem to want one side to play by different rules to the other.

If ASADA is in possession of information which might actually assist in exonerating the players (for example, ASADA might well know the source of the thymomodulin), would you actually argue that it should keep that information under lock and key and continue prosecuting the case?

I am saddened to hear such a viewpoint from a man of learning such as your good self.
Sorry to break the news to you ol bean but ASADA don't belive the ludicrous thymomomowhatsist defence. I mean what person in their right mind actually does? Will you not be satisfied until McDevitt himself stands on the bench clutching that ridiculous photo demanding the players be let off.

Surely you arent typing this stuff with a straight face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back