Discussion AFLW 2023: New Jumpers; Round-by-Round Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

395151139_831258042338030_3737435995611345312_n.jpg

395154096_831258072338027_3225221252396349913_n.jpg

Perfect match up today (Adelaide v North). The AFL should use the same uniforms home and away between these 2 clubs.

It's such a great initiative to have all AFLW clubs in rainbow colours.

The Saints celebrated Pride at home on Saturday, so likely we will run out in our white clash jumper this weekend vs Carlton away

I’m all for clubs having pride jumpers so please don’t misinterpret this.

Surely there are possible ways other than the rainbow flag to celebrate pride on a footy jumper.

Great message, but the guernseys all look pretty average because that many colours is too messy.
At this point it's hard to seperate the rainbow from Pride, the best clubs can do is try to be creative a use a design which incorporates the colours in different ways, and I think this years batch is pretty good for that. The Bulldogs to me is the best of all, incorporating the trans colours in their traditional design.

At this point it's hard to seperate the rainbow from Pride, the best clubs can do is try to be creative a use a design which incorporates the colours in different ways, and I think this years batch is pretty good for that. The Bulldogs to me is the best of all, incorporating the trans colours in their traditional design.
Yeah I like the Dogs one, actually looks like that was the intended design, not a previous jumper with a rainbow crowbarred into it.

WCE vs Adel; Bris vs Melb; Coll vs Rich all gonna be some pretty ordinary clashes this weekend. Have any other matches been announced as having clash jumpers like Carl vs StK? I would argue that Coll vs Rich is actually worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

clash pride guernsey for Port although won’t be worn!
View attachment 1845584
Yeah, covering all possibilities I suppose, but a bit wasteful really. Perhaps this is a result of uncertain fixturing for the clubs? I dunno, but there seems to be a very messy application of the wearing of the multitude of jumpers in this comp. I wouldn't mind seeing a toning down of the number of jumpers worn, and having set rounds for each one.

I kinda dislike this one. It has completely lost the sports team identity (literally would have had zero idea what the team was if i saw it at a glance).
It looks like a power point for a new initiative at work about inclusivity (which is what they were going for?) more than a guernsey design.

Last edited:
Yeah, covering all possibilities I suppose, but a bit wasteful really. Perhaps this is a result of uncertain fixturing for the clubs? I dunno, but there seems to be a very messy application of the wearing of the multitude of jumpers in this comp. I wouldn't mind seeing a toning down of the number of jumpers worn, and having set rounds for each one.
From memory I think Mero revealed that in the men’s comp every club is required to design a home and clash version of their Indigenous jumpers and the fixture determines what jumpers are worn. Though I’m sure you’d recall we obviously didn’t wear a clash indigenous jumper and Richmond wore their clash version from the Dreamtime game against us at the MCG. I assume the same premise applies in the women’s comp with Indigenous and Pride rounds, but with only one of each round you’ll only really see a club wear one colourway. Thankfully not all was wasted, I’d say Port Adelaide has maybe the most active buyer base for jumpers in the league based on how big the Port Trade*laide group on Facebook is, and the club knows this given the annual changeroom sale is very popular. The Port Store had some clash PIs for sale which you someone on Instagram bought one of. Doesn’t look as good as the home version but a really cool collector piece.

Richmond in yellow shorts. Looks good

Doesn't that go against the whole reason white shorts are no longer used in the AFLW?

Finals W1

Adelaide (Home/Navy) v Brisbane (Clash/Maroon)
Gold Coast (Home/Red) v Sydney (Pride/Grey)
Geelong (Home/Navy) v Essendon (Home/Black)
Melbourne (Home/Navy) v North Melbourne (Home/Royal)

Swans should be in the same kit they were in when they played the Suns in the Pre Season

Interesting with the Suns pride guernsey. It was advertised with the full GCS logo but when they wore it last night only the GC
View attachment 1845585View attachment 1845586
I don't mean to be crass but did the designers think about this jumper before finalising the design? Like the rainbows on front and back meeting on the sides is a very interesting pattern, one which they probably should have tested before releasing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back