FTA-TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D

Remove this Banner Ad

yeah 2 eps in and this looks like it's going to be really bad. Not even a cameo from Samuel L Jackson at the end saved it. This show is fast heading towards becoming very formulaic TV.

Although the inflatable raft to cover up the hole in the plane had me in stitches. When they do s**t like that you know that show is really just style over substance. This is a B grade TV at best trying to look cool and high tech to make you think it's better than it is.

Average at best second episode. With the possible exception of new girl eye candy and her no doubt season long which side will I pick* 'intrigue' the characters remained cardboard cut outs. If it's meant to at least partly succeed by being an ensemble cast of characters bouncing off each other they need some depth. Hopefully they get some as the season progresses. It's not like Whedon can't do it. Buffy and co. had largely pre-defined roles, but some humanity behind them (within reason, it was a popcorn show after all). Ditto Firefly and Dollhouse.

* And I'm already sure the 'twist' on this will be Rising Tide will be shown to not be good guys which will tip her to choosing S.H.I.E.L.D.

Average at best second episode. With the possible exception of new girl eye candy and her no doubt season long which side will I pick* 'intrigue' the characters remained cardboard cut outs. If it's meant to at least partly succeed by being an ensemble cast of characters bouncing off each other they need some depth. Hopefully they get some as the season progresses. It's not like Whedon can't do it. Buffy and co. had largely pre-defined roles, but some humanity behind them (within reason, it was a popcorn show after all). Ditto Firefly and Dollhouse.

* And I'm already sure the 'twist' on this will be Rising Tide will be shown to not be good guys which will tip her to choosing S.H.I.E.L.D.

Problem is this is billed as a Whedon show but he only co-wrote/directed the pilot all other episodes are his brother and randoms (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents_of_SHIELD#Episodes). The differences in writing between the first episode and this one were plainly obvious.

Not sure this show can survive without him at the helm

Pilot debut was 12.12 in the US, 2nd episode was 8.66 that's a fairly sizeable drop in viewers

My 3yo liked it, my 5yo thought it was for little kids and I just harmed myself with broken glass to take away the pain that I just endured.

yeah 2 eps in and this looks like it's going to be really bad. Not even a cameo from Samuel L Jackson at the end saved it. This show is fast heading towards becoming very formulaic TV.

Although the inflatable raft to cover up the hole in the plane had me in stitches. When they do s**t like that you know that show is really just style over substance. This is a B grade TV at best trying to look cool and high tech to make you think it's better than it is.

I could even have overlooked the initial save the day trick but the guy casually leaning against it afterwards while having a conversation was way past pushing it :).

Overall was pretty disappointed with the first 2 episodes considering the money and resources they had to play with. It'll be easy enough to watch and I'm sure they'll be endless mentions, tie ins and guest appearances (from side characters) from the Marvel movies but I enjoyed the first season of Arrow and one superhero show is probably enough for me.

Seen both episodes. Not what I was expecting in comparison to The Avengers.
Having two members of the team with foreign accents makes if hard to watch, as I am not expecting such a change.
Good to see Robin in this, but seeing HIMYM is now finishing, it'd be good to see more of her.
Kinda watching to see Skye every week now. She's hot.

some of the comedy in the show is pretty cringeworthy...come on joss!

Seen both episodes. Not what I was expecting in comparison to The Avengers.
Having two members of the team with foreign accents makes if hard to watch, as I am not expecting such a change.
Good to see Robin in this, but seeing HIMYM is now finishing, it'd be good to see more of her.
Kinda watching to see Skye every week now. She's hot.

calm down maria hill was only had one episode

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saw the first
thought it was a cross between torchwood and heroes but with the benefit of whedon

the acting was good
the effects were clearly expensive and well executed

just didnt love it... no heart to it (I know - I am cheesy)
but I just didnt really care about any of the characters

Reminds me of all those cheesy budget sci-fi shows that seem to continually recycle on FOX8, like Terra Nova and Revolution.

Really not enjoying the cringeworthy "I'm a badass" moments with the older Asian chick though. Oh.. and the scientists. Just seem in the way if anything. All generic.

My partner, who is a Whedon fangirl, roped me into watching the first episode. There were some decent moments, but between the oh-so-quirky characters and the utterly mawkish ending I couldn't bear to watch any further.

I sat down and watched the first two episodes after having gone through the entire first season of Hannibal. I thought the light weight comic style would be a bit of a relief after 10 or so hours being inside Hannibal's head. But I was wrong, this was truly insipid, this was painful to watch, but not in the same way that Hannibal was. Outside the two Asian ladies (the girl who plays Skye is part Chinese) the acting was woeful, the dialogue was terrible and the basic effects and look was cheap.

Lola looked good though. Until it started to fly. Why would you ruin a classic??

Episode 3 had a few laughs too.

Apparently sticks, men and bullets can't penetrate the laser force-field but a bird can fly right through it.

Agent Couslon never gets out of his suit.... even when doing a beach landing in rubber dinghy he's still in that suit.

Gravitonium.... the way to dumb down sci fi.... makes trucks fly up in the air but when they land even though the cab gets a bit messed up the trailers struts just happen to come down so it's undamaged. Poor Special effects bro.

This show is very bad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back