Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matchu

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 12, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Alex Rance is an unrestricted free agent this year which means he can go wherever he wants to in 2016. Rumours that have been spread about him so far:
  • Freo are chasing him.
  • Brisbane are chasing him.
  • He is considering retirement.

Last edited:

I thought he was going to a WA team until the media started pushing the "Leppa made him the player he is today" narrative over the last week.

If he is moving for money then I am positive the weages or us can match anything the cash strapped lions will offer.

Crying poor, dwindling crowds vs Go home, brand new stadium with 50,000 +, very well financed clubs

Hmm, let me think it over
The Lions are far from cash strapped salary cap wise. They have a shitload of cap space free and there is potential for up to an extra 1 mill to become available at the end of this season. The club has enough cap space to offer big money to 2 KPP's.

Rance is either staying with the Tigers or moving Home, He'll get paid at the tigers. Don't worry about that
You sound so certain, l don't think it is as simple as "stay with tigers or go home", there are other factors.

Even tho i am a Brissie supporter l do think there is a genuine case that he might go to us. Although if Leppa wasn't coaching us, l doubt he would come.

You sound so certain, l don't think it is as simple as "stay with tigers or go home", there are other factors.

Even tho i am a Brissie supporter l do think there is a genuine case that he might go to us. Although if Leppa wasn't coaching us, l doubt he would come.

What is the gravitational pull that takes him to Brissie

(Log in to remove this ad.)

meh...brisbane, west coast, hawthorn, i dont really care where he ends up. any of those clubs would be a better career move than staying with us. i cant see any reason he would want to stay. hopefully we at least get a good compo pick for him, he should be worth at least what frawley was.
We will only get that if we finish bottom 4, compo picks come after your first pick right?

The Lions are far from cash strapped salary cap wise. They have a shitload of cap space free and there is potential for up to an extra 1 mill to become available at the end of this season. The club has enough cap space to offer big money to 2 KPP's.

Its just a shame the AFL have to cough up the cash so you can pay these blokes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back