NT Alice Springs: 2024 Curfew

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is the hard part.

How does modern Australia resolve this clash of cultures in a way that improves the situation for Aboriginal people around the country?

It's not a short fix, money isn't necessarily the answer, measuring western metrics of education isn't necessarily the right thing to base it on.

You've got a myriad of individual situations, with different issues in different parts of the country and a huge divide between those living in remote communities and those living in the cities.

People immediately try to think of solutions as to how we can better accomodate Aboriginal people in to modern Australia as-is, when perhaps the answer is how modern Australia can adapt and change to accomodate things that Aboriginal people know and we don't.
Well meaning people have battled with these problems for generations.
Throw in party politics, Fed/ State buck passing, indigenous politics (e.g ATSIC ), & how ever many bureaucracies is a perfect storm.

There are lots of positive programs that have created employment in communities…
I think there is a massive opportunity for more indigenous run tourism in places like east Arnhem Land, Tiwis, Kimberly’s, desert communities etc… art, fishing, hunting and learning about Aboriginal cultures etc…
I truly believe the answer to closing the gap is “us” moving towards “them” … through schools, sports and community celebrating the local aboriginal customs.
Elders could be encouraged to chose a period of celebration, a Coroboree for their particular country… a day or week for everyone to come together and learn,
We have a public holiday for a horse race… AFL GF… why not for NAIDOC week.?

It should be opposite …. Schools should be a combination of Indigenous study’s and normal curriculum … in country, with kids from the cities boarding there…

And “in danger” I mean kids that are in danger of ruining the rest of their lives.
We talk about breaking the cycle, this would need drastic measures, unpopular measures.
Or we just happy to fail another generation?

Your experience is not 'the' experience any more than South of the Yarra's is.
One size does not fit all, there is not one solution.

See the ABC have clarified white supremacy claims.

Mod edit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol i reckon he knows more about indigenous problems than what you do sport , that’s if you can read between the lines of my post.
So you are supporting the post that says sterilisation is a solution. You've crossed the line mate. You have no idea how to talk about this issue. Worse than Pauline Hanson you are.

View attachment 1600303

God there's some drama queens on my side of the creek :rolleyes: 🤦‍♂️

my understanding is "grog" is the complete opposite of what Anthony thinks it is

grog was 1) mixed with water to be less strong and 2) grog was rationed

essentially grog was designed to reduce drunkenness

on military ships it is no longer called grog but "ish"

Dutton is on his way there as we speak.....nah, just kidding

FnmYOtEaQAECPgi
Sadly, its only when its against our mob, that the media and policing starts.

Goodness, SE Qld has a huge problem with youth crime.
No one cares.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my understanding is "grog" is the complete opposite of what Anthony thinks it is

grog was 1) mixed with water to be less strong and 2) grog was rationed

essentially grog was designed to reduce drunkenness

on military ships it is no longer called grog but "ish"
One wonders if it tastes any better/worse.

One wonders if it tastes any better/worse.

probably no different to the debate of neat vs ice

many scotch manufacturers believe a splash of water opens the spirit

Lol i reckon he knows more about indigenous problems than what you do sport , that’s if you can read between the lines of my post.

Unfortunately many of us know about Aboriginal problems. The concern is no one knows how to solve them

Remove this Banner Ad

Back