NT Alice Springs: 2024 Curfew

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Price and Mundine are not close to being representatives and advocates for remote Aboriginal communities.

You really have no idea do you ?

IMG_5725.png

Oh no I have every idea. I will repeat neither are representatives or advocates of Aboriginal communities. I can't even believe you quoted these as evidence. You have no idea about remote Aboriginal communities, you have no idea about being Aboriginal so please stop pretending you do.

Should you wish to discuss the Alice Springs and NT crime wave, this is the thread to do it.

I picked up the Warren Mundine bio the other day to trudge through another chapter on the sad failure which is his life (I still can't work out why he's printed a book of chapter after chapter about failures) and saw it was endorsed on the back by Bess Price, Jacinta's mother (before Jacinta was elected Senator).

Bess Price beat her nephew for a seat in NT parliament for the Libs before losing in the NT CLP wipeout.

I hadn't realised Jacinta and Warren were well known to each other before joining for the "No" vote. It seems like Mundine and the Prices have the same Paternalistic views about Interventions (Bess was an outspoken supporter of Howard's intervention) and neo-liberal views of indigenous development which are rejected by most indigenous groups (but not all). In particular, Warren thinks Native title land could be sold off rather than continuing the traditional communal ownership of property.

2 week curfew imposed by the Chief Minister.

Im not sure this will work, but theres not many other optioms left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back