NT Alice Springs: 2024 Curfew

Remove this Banner Ad

Fn0-LJeagAAioZW

and can I ask a smokescreen for what?

No one really cares about Wadeye … Groote, crime in Darwin etc….

What’s sad about Alice is it’s taken the media to highlight it. Who cares what the motives of the media is…

Generations of lives have already been destroyed.

But the voice will fix everything…?

Being anti crime is not racism.

It seems that the deciding factor on whether you believe these Alice Springs residents (see below) is whether you voted Labor or not.

Moving forward, its good to know that the first reaction to any issue whilst Albanese is in Government is "Murdoch media"

and can I ask a smokescreen for what?

No one really cares about Wadeye … Groote, crime in Darwin etc….

What’s sad about Alice is it’s taken the media to highlight it. Who cares what the motives of the media is…

Generations of lives have already been destroyed.

But the voice will fix everything…?

Being anti crime is not racism.
I think the point is that this is a very complex, long-term issue.

The Voice would be a good step forward for indigenous communities, but not rural/regional specific.

Many more small steps in lots of areas need to happen in regional Australia. Parental support, post-natal support, health education, education in general, housing, local employment, social engagement, addiction. A lot of it starts with access - transport and connectivity (telecoms and in-person services).

These don't just apply to Alice Springs or indigenous communities, but they're problems across regional and rural Australia.

It seems that the deciding factor on whether you believe these Alice Springs residents (see below) is whether you voted Labor or not.

Moving forward, its good to know that the first reaction to any issue whilst Albanese is in Government is "Murdoch media"
Idiotic. Wanting to sue the government for a billion, just comes out of tax payers pockets. No thanks. Some leadership definitely required but unsure what they want a government to do when some locals aren't even trying. Responsibility falls with them, parents, elders, the community etc. Surely?

I think the point is that this is a very complex, long-term issue.

The Voice would be a good step forward for indigenous communities, but not rural/regional specific.

Many more small steps in lots of areas need to happen in regional Australia. Parental support, post-natal support, health education, education in general, housing, local employment, social engagement, addiction. A lot of it starts with access - transport and connectivity (telecoms and in-person services).

These don't just apply to Alice Springs or indigenous communities, but they're problems across regional and rural Australia.

Nice Sentiment

Thinking you can fix things that work in suburbs haven’t worked, don’t work and won’t work in the future.

How would you like “them” to be educated?

Do you think it's possible that the LNP are using Murdoch media here in the same way it did when the Robodebt issue blew up?

Do you think it's possible that the LNP are using Murdoch media here in the same way it did when the Robodebt issue blew up?
Do you see how utterly disgusting it is you're more worried about murdoch than children being ****ing raped?! Laughable. Its good this is being in the spotlight, something clearly needs to change and you're more worried about your teams politicians. Its pathetic

Who cares !!!!!! I hate Murdoch and the LNP more than anyone …..

Alice Springs has a massive issue…

Wadeye has a massive isssue

Groote has massive issues…..

Most aboriginal communities have massive isssues.
I’m just glad it’s in the spotlight.

Hopefully throwing more money at the issues isn’t the solution again….

I stood next to Marion Scrymgour and Warren Snowden 22 years ago on South Goulburn Island, Warruwi …..

The comment was “we’ve lost another generation, and we are about to lose another”

I’ve never been more shocked to listen to those with real power, that have the resources to get things done speak like that.

Of course its possible. You have proved my point that every time an issue comes up moving forward, there is always the possibility that Murdoch media are blowing it up. Thus diminishing any issue while Albanese is in charge.

I agree with Burge, its pretty poor that that this is the first thought for Labor supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course its possible. You have proved my point that every time an issue comes up moving forward, there is always the possibility that Murdoch media are blowing it up. Thus diminishing any issue while Albanese is in charge.

I agree with Burge, its pretty poor that that this is the first thought for Labor supporters.
"We tended to not notice or spend much time on anything that GetUp said" - Rachel Miller

"We would plant stories in right wing media like the Murdoch press" - Rachel Miller

I dunno, I hated school and I had a comfortable upbringing. I can't imagine how much more I would've hated school if I didn't. If they don't want to be educated, get them out of school early and into work. If they don't want to work then unfortunately it's something that's been instilled into them that's difficult to change. Successful indigenous people I've met all had one thing in common: role models or parental figures who drummed the importance of education into them.

I think encouraging sport along with education becomes important as well, helps keep bored teens off the streets.

"We tended to not notice or spend much time on anything that GetUp said" - Rachel Miller

"We would plant stories in right wing media like the Murdoch press" - Rachel Miller
You are a disgrace.

Who cares who reports it?! No one who lives out of these areas would have a clue whats happening there and now they do. That is a good thing. 2 year olds with STD's presenting to hospital ffs and you're more worried about Murdoch. Truly despicable people

This is where left v right political bullshit will insure nothing happens to improve the lives of aboriginal people.

It’s all about your are wrong!!! With out coming up with solutions.

burge13 Calling the police on people based on the colour of their skin is textbook racism. Does that amuse you because you're response suggests it does.
They’re calling the police because they’re committing crimes ffs, and it’s because these kids are to scared to go home and get raped by their parents but changing the date and having the voice will fix everything according to you SJW,s.

Sky no doubt are sensationalising it with the dual purpose of kicking the government but as my cousin a school teacher that has lived in Halls Creek and is now in Alice will tell you it's been a serious problem for years. There's also plenty of reports about the recent surge in trouble up there from other outlets such as the ABC, surely it's good that the problems and these people are being heard for once?

The sad irony of people who've spent decades decrying Indigenous Australians for getting what they say is "special treatment" now demanding exactly that in Alice Springs shouldn't be lost here.

The irony is these issues have been Ignored for decades…

Remove this Banner Ad

Back