All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

His SC average (from champion data) is 98 points this year. While that's good, there are plenty of players averaging more who won't make the side.
SC points are just your stock standard kicks, handballs stats but with adjustments for whether or not it was efficient or inefficient etc.
AFL Player Ratings Points mesures location on the ground, pressure, metres gained, and ultimately, the way that it works, impact on the scoreboard through your actions. It's the most advanced and the most accurate all-in-one metric (much, much better than Supercoach score, of which its main input is still raw disposal numbers) to measure a single player's involvement, and Bonti blows that the chart. He's a top 5 mid in the league in that system.

Matthew Boyd should be in most teams over Bob Murphy. Muphy is the 'sexier' selection, but Boyd's had the better year.

so in 21 games Aaron Sandilands has won his position at worst 20 and a half times (including beating Goldstein twice, Nic Nat once, Jacobs once and so on). would be like if Rance beat his opponents every week which did not happen. man on man he should be all australian but is out of mind, out of sight. one of his best years

Walker won't make it
You named Stringer though. Both have played key forward, Walker has averaged more goals, marks, goal assists and .1 less disposals. Stringer is certainly more mobile but the fact is he has played as a key position forward. I think Walker deserves some very serious consideration after his strong end to the year, and if it came down to him or Stringer, I think Walker deserves it.

g206O7P.png

SC points are just your stock standard kicks, handballs stats but with adjustments for whether or not it was efficient or inefficient etc.
AFL Player Ratings Points mesures location on the ground, pressure, metres gained, and ultimately, the way that it works, impact on the scoreboard through your actions. It's the most advanced and the most accurate all-in-one metric (much, much better than Supercoach score, of which its main input is still raw disposal numbers) to measure a single player's involvement, and Bonti blows that the chart. He's a top 5 mid in the league in that system.

You're definitely confusing the two.

He's third in the coleman and averages more marks, disposals, inside 50, assists, score involvements than the two players ahead of him.

He is clearly a good chance especially with a big last week
Gunston averages more than Walker in everything but goals, so i guess Walker is behind Gunston in the pecking order

Can you champion Gunston for me please, considering he averages more than Walker in evert

Gunston averages more than Walker than everything but goals, so i guess Walker is behind Gunston in the pecking order

He's an awkward one, doesn't kick enough goals for a key forward spot

He kicks a lot of goals, but i guess you can chuck him in a pocket

Not compared to the 3 talls ahead of him.

Kennedy miles ahead, Cameron 13 goals ahead, walker only 6 but would've been 9 on average had or not been for him missing a game through tragic circumstances

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not compared to the 3 talls ahead of him.

Kennedy miles ahead, Cameron 13 goals ahead, walker only 6 but would've been 9 on average had or not been for him missing a game through tragic circumstances
Gunston is better at everything than walker except goals, with an injured hand as well. I personally wouldn't have any of them in the side

Gunston is better at everything than walker except goals, with an injured hand as well. I personally wouldn't have any of them in the side

That is not right at all, there are many stats walker averages more Gunston.

Although he does average more in every stat other than goals when compared to Cameron

Walker>Gunston.
Im not gonna argue with you as it obviously all subjective and opinions, but the previous poster argued that Walker should be in as his stats are better than everything except goals than Cameron and Kennedy. I was just pointing out that Gunstons stats are better than Walkers

Hanners hanging on to a starting spot. Kennedy a good chance for the bench.

Only two from the Swans in contention. No one else even worthy for the squad of 40.

I doubt they'll make the squad, but I'd have the next two most deserving Swans as Grundy and Rampe - relative to their competition of course.

If Kennedy doesn't make the final 22 I will be very annoyed. His form until mid year was very good and since then it has been utterly silly.

I doubt they'll make the squad, but I'd have the next two most deserving Swans as Grundy and Rampe - relative to their competition of course.

If Kennedy doesn't make the final 22 I will be very annoyed. His form until mid year was very good and since then it has been utterly silly.
Grundy won't beat out the likes Hurley, Rance or Talia. As it is, the backline is already going to be tall if both are picked.
Rampe is up against Laird, Shaw, Murphy, Hodge and Wood for the HBF/BP role. Reckon Hodge slides in easy, as does Laird. Leaving one spot

Kennedy should easily make it though. As will Hanneberry.

Grundy won't beat out the likes Hurley, Rance or Talia. As it is, the backline is already going to be tall if both are picked.
Rampe is up against Laird, Shaw, Murphy, Hodge and Wood for the HBF/BP role. Reckon Hodge slides in easy, as does Laird. Leaving one spot

Kennedy should easily make it though. As will Hanneberry.

Oh, believe me, I don't think Grundy has an argument to be in the final 22 over the likes of Rance, Talia or Hurley. Neither does Rampe. I just think they have an argument to be in the 40. I don't even think they're great chances of making the 40. Just that they deserve to be in contention for it.

Hannebery and Kennedy are really the only Swans who should definitely have spots in the 40, as said above. Had Franklin played the full year, he'd be there and Luke Parker MIGHT be, although I believe his year had been overrated up until his injury.

Oh, believe me, I don't think Grundy has an argument to be in the final 22 over the likes of Rance, Talia or Hurley. Neither does Rampe. I just think they have an argument to be in the 40. I don't even think they're great chances of making the 40. Just that they deserve to be in contention for it.

Hannebery and Kennedy are really the only Swans who should definitely have spots in the 40, as said above. Had Franklin played the full year, he'd be there and Luke Parker MIGHT be, although I believe his year had been overrated up until his injury.
Parker is a good player. very tough competitor. But when you talk AA, its normally about silk.
Hanneberry, Kennedy, and in years to come Mitchell and Heeney will make it. I think Parker gets over-rated as an elite mid because people like how he plays and his impact on the game. He's a damn good footballer.

For the Crows I think Dangerfield and Betts are close to locks now.

Dangerfield should win a midfield spot.

Betts is third in the Coleman and has kicked the most goals for a small forward, despite having played 1 less game due to the abandoned game against Geelong. Wingard, Bruest and Rioli are probably the 4 players fighting for "small" spots in the forward line, potentially with Robbie Gray, Martin and Delidio.

I would have my money on Betts and Wingard getting 2 of those spots.

Talia and Laird were both thereabouts for spots in the backline a month ago. Neither have really put a foot wrong since then, so I think they will both make the squad and go close to making the final 22 (but could also both miss out). Talia held the Coleman medalist to 1 goal and Laird has been in the top possession-getters on the ground basically every game in the last month playing as a defender.

Walker would be around the mark for the second KPF spot. He's third in the Coleman, but is ahead of Cameron in most stats (except goals obviously). The second KPF spot could go a number of players though. He could make the 22 or miss out on even making the squad.

Jacobs has been in decent form for most of the year and has done well in the last month. He beat Nic Nat on the weekend to avenge the hiding he copped from him 7 weeks ago. That said, I'd still have Goldstein, Sandi and Nic Nat ahead of Jacobs. He might make the squad of 40, but I doubt it.

Parker is a good player. very tough competitor. But when you talk AA, its normally about silk.
Hanneberry, Kennedy, and in years to come Mitchell and Heeney will make it. I think Parker gets over-rated as an elite mid because people like how he plays and his impact on the game. He's a damn good footballer.

I thought Parker was very, very unlucky to not make it last year. He fully deserved a spot in that 22 IMO but didn't get it. It seems like this year some media members have almost tried to show how ahead of the curve they are by rating him as having as good a year as last year in order to get him the AA selection he deserved in 2014. No way had his 2015 (up until he got injured) been as good as his 2014.

He is a very good footballer but he goes missing in big games and moments far too often. He's still only 22 so perhaps too much is expected of him after such a good start to his career, I'm sure he'll get to the level where he is continually making a difference in big matches. He's just not there yet.

For the Crows I think Dangerfield and Betts are close to locks now.

Dangerfield should win a midfield spot.

Betts is third in the Coleman and has kicked the most goals for a small forward, despite having played 1 less game due to the abandoned game against Geelong. Wingard, Bruest and Rioli are probably the 4 players fighting for "small" spots in the forward line, potentially with Robbie Gray, Martin and Delidio.

I would have my money on Betts and Wingard getting 2 of those spots.

Talia and Laird were both thereabouts for spots in the backline a month ago. Neither have really put a foot wrong since then, so I think they will both make the squad and go close to making the final 22 (but could also both miss out). Talia held the Coleman medalist to 1 goal and Laird has been in the top possession-getters on the ground basically every game in the last month playing as a defender.

Walker would be around the mark for the second KPF spot. He's third in the Coleman, but is ahead of Cameron in most stats (except goals obviously). The second KPF spot could go a number of players though. He could make the 22 or miss out on even making the squad.

Jacobs has been in decent form for most of the year and has done well in the last month. He beat Nic Nat on the weekend to avenge the hiding he copped from him 7 weeks ago. That said, I'd still have Goldstein, Sandi and Nic Nat ahead of Jacobs. He might make the squad of 40, but I doubt it.
Talia
Danger
Betts
Laird
in that order are locks.
Jacobs stiff over Goldstein, but Goldy has been too superior.
Walker up against the likes of Gunston, Kennedy and Cameron. Cos its the forward role, you go those 3 over Walker, but Tex has been awesome this year.
Could make a case for 4 talls

I don't think you can make a case for 4 talls. There's probably only been 1 outstanding tall this year. The problem is that there are no stand-outs key forwards beyond Kennedy, so whomever misses out will be stiff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back