All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

If they are on he bench. Who's in the ruck, Goldstein has clearly been the best ruckman this year. Roberton won't get a spot in the aa team, even if he finishes the year really well.

Did you read? One of them on the bench implies the other takes the main ruck position.

right now there would be 5 locks for the eagles in the all Australian team ..... Nic Natanui, Andrew Gaff, Matt Priddis, Josh Kennedy and Mark Lecras great year so far by all these players
Mark Lecras id definitely not AA. He's had a great year but not good enough. Andrew Gaff will probz get a spot on the wing or on the interchange but is no lock. They will find a place to put Nic Nat because the AA selection panel seem to love him, i believe their are better options than him. Priddis and Kennedy are definitely locks. the've both had a outstanding season.

Mark Lecras id definitely not AA. He's had a great year but not good enough. Andrew Gaff will probz get a spot on the wing or on the interchange but is no lock. They will find a place to put Nic Nat because the AA selection panel seem to love him, i believe their are better options than him. Priddis and Kennedy are definitely locks. the've both had a outstanding season.
He's on track for a 40 goal season whilst averaging 20 disposals. Only Wingard would be ahead for a HFF spot IMO.

right now there would be 5 locks for the eagles in the all Australian team ..... Nic Natanui, Andrew Gaff, Matt Priddis, Josh Kennedy and Mark Lecras great year so far by all these players
Nic Nat needs to hope they go with two rucks. As it stands he misses out if they go with one.

Nic Nat needs to hope they go with two rucks. As it stands he misses out if they go with one.
Given the quality of both rucks and the way Naitanui's influence has been the key to our season, I can't see them naming only one.

We also know that Nic excels at a lot of 'hidden' advanced statistics.

Last edited:
He's on track for a 40 goal season whilst averaging 20 disposals. Only Wingard would be ahead for a HFF spot IMO.

Personally I'd pick robbie Gray up there with him

Although lecras is smashing the goal assists as well

As I've said when discussing rucks - it's a pity advanced stats aren't available

Scoring chains would be a telling stats

Personally I'd pick robbie Gray up there with him

Although lecras is smashing the goal assists as well

As I've said when discussing rucks - it's a pity advanced stats aren't available

Scoring chains would be a telling stats

Depends whether you want a defensive forward too, few of those are having great seasons too.

Depends whether you want a defensive forward too, few of those are having great seasons too.

True - but they don't generally pick defensive forwards or mids

Cripps has been raised a few times and whilst I don't think he'd be undeserving if you asked me who I'd want Wingard or Cripps I'd choke in the rush to pick Wingard

True - but they don't generally pick defensive forwards or mids

Cripps has been raised a few times and whilst I don't think he'd be undeserving if you asked me who I'd want Wingard or Cripps I'd choke in the rush to pick Wingard

Oh I agree, I wouldn't mind a defensive forward get recognition though. Nick Smith got recognition last season as a genuine small lockdown defender.

Priddis, Naitanui and Kennedy are locks from us.

Gaff and LeCras really in the mix.

Outside chance for McGovern, Cripps and id love to see Sheppard get some recognition as he is having an outstanding year.

And Schuey right, he's having a cracking season, plus Masten, I heard a commentator say he'd be in consideration, Schofield's been a wonder holding down the biggest forward each week. Not to mention the fantastic season Hurn and Wellingham are having off half back, they have to be in the conversation. And Sheed should win the rising star. Did we miss anyone? Yeo? Yeo's s**t, stuff him.

;) really, unless West Coast finish top I dont think they'll get more than three players in the team, which will probably be Kennedy with his Coleman, Priddis and either Gaff or Naitanui depending who finishes the year stronger.

Hawthorn are one of those super even teams where it's tough to pick out their best, but the old guard of Mitchell, Hodge and Lewis are probably in with Bruest and Gunston in the forwar line depending on the other forwards picked.

Gibson, Rance, Wood
Laird, Hurley, Hodge
Pendlebury, Priddis, Hannebery
Wingard, Franklin, Swan
Reiwoldt, Kennedy, Breust
Goldstein, Fyfe, Mitchell
Lewis, Gaff, Dangerfield, Sandilands

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good pumping of your teams players, who are having a good year, but not all AA.

Nic - in the mix for the final team
Gaff - squad, good number of mids in front of him
Priddis - how do the AA Committee rate him ?, I think just the squad.
Kennedy - yep.
Lecras - squad, but has he been AA team good ?.

Good pumping of your teams players, who are having a good year, but not all AA.

Nic - in the mix for the final team
Gaff - squad, good number of mids in front of him
Priddis - how do the AA Committee rate him ?, I think just the squad.
Kennedy - yep.
Lecras - squad, but has he been AA team good ?.
I can't see LeCras making the team. The other 4 would be very good chances I think. Gaff may fall victim to those with sustained form.

Kennedy is the only sure thing. Naitanui and Priddis highly likely IMO. Gaff borderline.

Nic Nat is not a lock, he is relying on them picking two rucks which they don't often do.

2 out of the last 5 years. So it isn't uncommon.

Probably what is more uncommon is a year where there have been two dominant rucks

Used to happen a bit with Sandi and Cox

Sandi still not out of the frame either but has really dropped his output lately. However his first 7-8 weeks were fantastic

2 out of the last 5 years. So it isn't uncommon.

Probably what is more uncommon is a year where there have been two dominant rucks

Used to happen a bit with Sandi and Cox

Sandi still not out of the frame either but has really dropped his output lately. However his first 7-8 weeks were fantastic

No doubt but you can't call him a lock, probably 70-30 change at this stage, if they pick two he is in.

I guess it really comes down to whether there is 4 other players not selected in the 18 that deserve a spot on the bench before him.

No doubt but you can't call him a lock, probably 70-30 change at this stage, if they pick two he is in.

I guess it really comes down to whether there is 4 other players not selected in the 18 that deserve a spot on the bench before him.

Aside from Fyfe - I don't think anyone is a lock to be honest

There are 6-7 Eagles putting in claims for AA squad nomination - I would imagine we'd get somewhere between 2-4 in the side. and maybe 3-6 in the squad.

However NN, LeCras, Gaff might go for a quiet month and drop right off the radar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back