All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Lock means he is 1d00% certain. He is not. Has to contend with betts, wingard etc.
I agree. He has to compete with every small forward in the competition. Thanks for clarifying the basic concept of the All Australian team. No one is 100% certain as it is a subjective exercise.

I agree. He has to compete with every small forward in the competition. Thanks for clarifying the basic concept of the All Australian team. No one is 100% certain as it is a subjective exercise.
Lock means lock. Some players are 100% certain (fyfe). You said Rioli was a lock, when what you ment is he is a good chance. Dont say lock if you dont mean it.

Lock means lock. Some players are 100% certain (fyfe). You said Rioli was a lock, when what you ment is he is a good chance. Dont say lock if you dont mean it.
You do understand this is all subjective and thus by saying lock i clearly mean by my own personal preference i believe he is guaranteed a spot in the proposed best team of the year up to the current round. Everyone I listed in my team I believe is a good chance, obviously. I'm sorry i didn't meet your definition of 'lock'. I will remember to consult you before using BigFooty argot.

You do understand this is all subjective and thus by saying lock i clearly mean by my own personal preference i believe he is guaranteed a spot in the proposed best team of the year up to the current round. Everyone I listed in my team I believe is a good chance, obviously. I'm sorry i didn't meet your definition of 'lock'. I will remember to consult you before using BigFooty argot.

you're a funny guy with an interesting grasp on the concept of what a 'lock' is.

would wager you are in the extreme minority who actually defines lock as you have above.

you're a funny guy with an interesting grasp on the concept of what a 'lock' is.

would wager you are in the extreme minority who actually defines lock as you have above.
I would never claim a player should be 'locked' into everyone else's team in an individual assessment view of the best 22 for the year. That would be an elitist attitude to something that should be considered completely opinion based.

Rioli making the team makes no sense at all. Probably one of the worst suggestions in this thread. And that's saying something.

Player ratings rolling team of the year after round 17

CK5vYN-UEAAdSrn.png

That team is ******* terrible. Roughead, Rioli, Bontempelli, Savage, Selwood.

Well thats your opinion.

As a footy fan who watches at best three games a round I'm happy to admit that I'm not confident enough to say with certainty who are "locks" in the team.

However player ratings as a neutral source says that players like cyril should be in the conversation and I accept that.

No need to be putting down suggestions out of the box just because they differ from the usual groupthink.

Well thats your opinion.

As a footy fan who watches at best three games a round I'm happy to admit that I'm not confident enough to say with certainty who are "locks" in the team.

However player ratings as a neutral source says that players like cyril should be in the conversation and I accept that.

No need to be putting down suggestions out of the box just because they differ from the usual groupthink.

Just one example, so Roughead should be in the team ahead of Kennedy who has kicked 25 more goals than him? Roughy is currently 15th in the league for goals, to have him anywhere near the team is ridiculous, let alone at full forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just one example, so Roughead should be in the team ahead of Kennedy who has kicked 25 more goals than him? Roughy is currently 15th in the league for goals, to have him anywhere near the team is ridiculous, let alone at full forward.

I'm only speculating but roughy plays multiple roles around the ground so may reflect better on his key performance indicators measured by player ratings.

JK is more a stay at home forward who sometimes takes a holiday to provide the odd linking mark.

Also the return of jack darling has dried up his goal scoring abit so may have affected his game stats too.

I guess the big question is that would Roughead kicks a similar amount of goals as JK if he was playing the more standard role for the west coast eagles?

which is more desirable?

I'm only speculating but roughy plays multiple roles around the ground so may reflect better on his key performance indicators measured by player ratings.

JK is more a stay at home forward who sometimes takes a holiday to provide the odd linking mark.

Also the return of jack darling has dried up his goal scoring abit so may have affected his game stats too.

I guess the big question is that would Roughead kicks a similar amount of goals as JK if he was playing the more standard role for the west coast eagles?

If you're playing multiple roles then you shouldn't be taking the premier forward position. Bench might be slightly more understandable, far more so than Selwood which is just baffling, but there have been many better players this year.

Not only are the player ratings terrible, they are calculated over the last 40 games, Roughead is getting credit for last season.

Not only are the player ratings terrible, they are calculated over the last 40 games, Roughead is getting credit for last season.

nope, thats the official rankings on the AFL website.

The rolling team of the year (and the other images posted earlier) is from their twitter and takes into account this season.

https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating

eg: Elliot Yeo made the team for one week......until bloody Breust showed up

nope, thats the offical rankings on the website.

The rolling team of the year (and the other images posted earlier) is from their twitter and takes into account this season.

Wow really?! Even further proof then that their rankings are ridiculous.

Just checked out their twitter and gone back over the previous teams, they don't get any better.

Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Lock means they are certain to make the actual AA team, not the one you made up in your head.

That team is ******* terrible. Roughead, Rioli, Bontempelli, Savage, Selwood.
Well, I find it pretty decent conidering how much I dislike this player rating stuff.

And I think Roughead is really underrated in this thread even when I agree he is best fitted in as 3rd or 4th tall on the bench...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back