All Australian thread 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is a star and probably the best up and coming mid in the league, but I am very surprised people are naming Treloar. He has been very inconsistent this year. Jack Steven on the other hand, has to be close to a lock so far? Surely Priddis has been better than JP Kennedy as well?

Also, who would be captain from the names in the mix right now? Pendlebury?

Blicavs would have to be a very good thing for the bench.

It's round 9, how could anyone be a good thing for the bench? You are either a good thing for the team which would mean you are on the ground or you are in the mix which means you might get a spot if your form continues.

It's round 9, how could anyone be a good thing for the bench? You are either a good thing for the team which would mean you are on the ground or you are in the mix which means you might get a spot if your form continues.

He is probably the most versatile player in the comp and in great form. So, yeah he is a good thing for the bench.

The ruck position is going be very interesting.

Goldstein, Mumford and Blicavs all look like AA contenders for ruck

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Blitz make it. Custom made for that 2nd ruck spot

He would have to be the out and out second best ruckman for them to pick him though, and that's if they even pick two. Would he be ahead of Goldy? Mummy? and Jacobs?

He would have to be the out and out second best ruckman for them to pick him though, and that's if they even pick two. Would he be ahead of Goldy? Mummy? and Jacobs?
When you're in the top 4 of the season (which he is) and are very capable to play as a second ruck, it shouldn't matter IMO.

When you're in the top 4 of the season (which he is) and are very capable to play as a second ruck, it shouldn't matter IMO.

That's the question, do they pick the second best ruckman or the best second ruckman? Will they even pick two?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's the question, do they pick the second best ruckman or the best second ruckman? Will they even pick two?
I think Goldstein's been the best ruckman so far this season. He gets the nod for me. I also think the difference between Jacobs, Mumford and Blicavs is so negligible that you could convincingly argue that any of them have been the second best. Then the fact that Blicavs has generally been a 2nd ruckman makes me lean in his direction.
Blicavs gets 10 hitouts a game and doesnt kick goals. He isnt getting a second ruck spot.
He's also averaging 20 disposals a game...

In any case, this would be my team right now:

Johnson - McDonald - Spurr
Shaw - Hurley - Houli
S Hill - Fyfe - Swan
LeCras - Cameron - Breust
Betts - Kennedy - Bruce
Goldstein - Armitage - Hannebery
Priddis - Shiel - Blicavs - Kennedy

I think Goldstein's been the best ruckman so far this season. He gets the nod for me. I also think the difference between Jacobs, Mumford and Blicavs is so negligible that you could convincingly argue that any of them have been the second best. Then the fact that Blicavs has generally been a 2nd ruckman makes me lean in his direction.

He's also averaging 20 disposals a game...

In any case, this would be my team right now:

Johnson - McDonald - Spurr
Shaw - Hurley - Houli
S Hill - Fyfe - Swan
LeCras - Cameron - Breust
Betts - Kennedy - Bruce
Goldstein - Armitage - Hannebery
Priddis - Shiel - Blicavs - Kennedy

Pendlebury > Swan this year.... by a considerable margin too.

Pendlebury > Swan this year.... by a considerable margin too.
Swan has been pretty bloody good. 29 disposals and 1 goal/game?

Swan has been pretty bloody good. 29 disposals and 1 goal/game?

Pendles far more consistent.

Swan has had 2 excellent/borderline BOG games - round 3 vs St Kilda, round 7 vs Richmond and the rest average to good.

Pendles has been our best player in 4 games - round 2 vs Adelaide, round 5 vs Carlton, round 6 vs Geelong and last week vs Gold Coast. Pendles has only had 1 bad game - round 7 vs the Tiges.

Pendles is 4th in the coach's votes - Swan not in the top 10. Not saying they can't both make it, but Pendles is in the AA side at this point.

Pendles far more consistent.

Swan has had 2 excellent/borderline BOG games - round 3 vs St Kilda, round 7 vs Richmond and the rest average to good.

Pendles has been our best player in 4 games - round 2 vs Adelaide, round 5 vs Carlton, round 6 vs Geelong and last week vs Gold Coast. Pendles has only had 1 bad game - round 7 vs the Tiges.

Pendles is 4th in the coach's votes - Swan not in the top 10. Not saying they can't both make it, but Pendles is in the AA side at this point.
Fair enough. Pendles probably slots in for Kennedy.

They said on SEN just before that the competition average is for a turnover for every 6 disposals everyone has, but that Dylan Shiel is averaging a turnover for every 14 disposals (ranked clearly no.1 in the comp) and that, surprisingly, David Armitage is 2nd, averaging a turnover every 10 disposals. Given how much he was turning it over early in the season in particular, that is a very fair effort for Armo.

Terrific effort for both of them actually, considering they both play bullocking inside roles.
I wouldn't call Shiel "bullocking". He's got extraordinarily quick reflexes and agility, as well as clever inside / outside positioning. Will win a ball in a contest, put it by hands to a player in a bit more space, then run to provide for the handball receive. A possession chain involving Shiel is a marvellous thing to watch.

This would be my very quick effort...

Ibbotson McDonald Gibson
Johnson Hurley Shaw
Neale Fyfe Hannebery
Parker Walker Shiel
Betts Kennedy Cameron
Mumford Pendlebury Priddis
Goldstein Swan Gray Armitage

Gibson hasn't been discussed a whole lot much but he's been great, again this year IMO. A lot of the other guys pick themselves... went with Tex over Bruce, same amount of goals but Tex just does a bit more and has more runs on the board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back