All the nice little things about winning the 2014 Premiership

Your favorite Hawthorn premiership?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's something nice about winning the flag......

Few too many brews after cricket training last night so had a restless night's sleep. Up about 5am when I finally get sick of tossing and turning.

How shall I kill an hour or so before getting ready for work? :D First half....don't mind if I do.
Yeah, for me, it's given something else for my wife to yell at me about. Instead of, "you need to get the kids doing more homework" or "You need to do more dishes" it's "ARE YOU WATCHING THAT AGAIN?"

Yes as a matter of fact I am. :)

Yeah, for me, it's given something else for my wife to yell at me about. Instead of, "you need to get the kids doing more homework" or "You need to do more dishes" it's "ARE YOU WATCHING THAT AGAIN?"

Yes as a matter of fact I am. :)

I probably shouldn't have screamed "* YEAH COP THAT McGLYNN" at 6am as Hodgey strode past him and goaled. :p

Knocking off early from work, grabbing a few beers and heading off to the Morningside Football Club for a couple of happy snaps with the cup later :)

At least thats what I'll be doing in about 6 hours :)
Hey Hawkk do you know how these cup tour things work - will any of the coaches or players be attending?

I've never been before but I'll let you know tomorrow morning :D
Well I'm thinking of going myself so I was hoping to know what the go was before hand :)

I've only been alive for 2008, 2013, 2014 (born in 92 so had to wait a while!). Each year that we have contended has been associated with an emoticon below.

:p2008 - I was in the USA for the entire season and couldn't really get involved with the GF build-up or anything. Watching the game at 3am after my gridiron game was cancelled was surreal, and being 16 I never really appreciated it. Just a bit of fun.

:(2011 - My first exposure to the "big time" since missing out in 2008. Was great to attend a PF but we were simply not as good as Geelong or Collingwood. Couldn't imagine beating Collingwood and then losing to Geelong in a GF.

:mad:2012 - My first 'dominant' year as a supporter. We probably were the best team that year, I attended the GF and we fell at the last hurdle. Immense frustration and disappointment.

:)2013 - Enjoyed another great season but I kept thinking "it's useless if we can't atone for 2012". This GF win was sheer relief. Very content.

:D2014 - Absolutely stoked with 2013 so anything that happened this year was a bonus. But to make the GF again, and to absolutely demolish those *ers as revenge for 2012 was above and beyond. To see our club play brutal, ruthless, physical football was something I'd never seen before and was left stunned and ecstatic. A glorious day in our club's history and one of the best days of my life.

So the best thing about winning the 2014 premiership? Re-watching it, but knowing that we support a very professional and well-run footy club, and that we are in good stead for another crack at a 2015 flag.

I've only been alive for 2008, 2013, 2014 (born in 92 so had to wait a while!). Each year that we have contended has been associated with an emoticon below.

:p2008 - I was in the USA for the entire season and couldn't really get involved with the GF build-up or anything. Watching the game at 3am after my gridiron game was cancelled was surreal, and being 16 I never really appreciated it. Just a bit of fun.

:(2011 - My first exposure to the "big time" since missing out in 2008. Was great to attend a PF but we were simply not as good as Geelong or Collingwood. Couldn't imagine beating Collingwood and then losing to Geelong in a GF.

:mad:2012 - My first 'dominant' year as a supporter. We probably were the best team that year, I attended the GF and we fell at the last hurdle. Immense frustration and disappointment.

:)2013 - Enjoyed another great season but I kept thinking "it's useless if we can't atone for 2012". This GF win was sheer relief. Very content.

:D2014 - Absolutely stoked with 2013 so anything that happened this year was a bonus. But to make the GF again, and to absolutely demolish those gooses as revenge for 2012 was above and beyond. To see our club play brutal, ruthless, physical football was something I'd never seen before and was left stunned and ecstatic. A glorious day in our club's history and one of the best days of my life.

So the best thing about winning the 2014 premiership? Re-watching it, but knowing that we support a very professional and well-run footy club, and that we are in good stead for another crack at a 2015 flag.

Future gazing:

:eek:2015 - Waa? We did it again? Holy crap!

:cool:2016 - We just own September these days...

I went to the GF with a Demon friend, as I do every year, and found myself saying that I forgot what it felt like to attend a GF when the Hawks weren't playing.

As it is I found myself saying that I miss attending GF weekend where I didn't have an emotional commitment, where I could just enjoy the day

After a few choice words my mate advised me just how spoilt we are as Hawthorn supporters and that he would give his left arm to watch the Dees in GF weekend

Just to reiterate what he said, sometimes its nice to remind ourselves just how spoilt we are :D

Don't let anyone forget that we just 54/12'd

Future gazing:

:eek:2015 - Waa? We did it again? Holy crap!

:cool:2016 - We just own September these days...

2543834-1097535_clipart_sleepy_emoticon_yawning_and_stretching_royalty_free_vector_illustration.jpg
2017 - Again...........meh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm liking the same thing as last year...although DOUBLE! Taking my son out to Morningside to get pics holding the cups...so proud and so grateful... I was 11/12 when we last went B2B & I instantly became a die-hard Hawk...now it's a right of passage 

All the Geelong supporters at work seem to have gone quiet. Now that we are 3-1 over them in their "dynasty", I feel aggrived. I have worn no end of s**t from these puffed up atraight -setters, but now it appears they all follow the Victory.

Enjoy another 44 years of irrelevance, flogs. Perhaps someone will acknowledge your flags from the 1870's, so you feel less insecure.

I've never been before but I'll let you know tomorrow morning :D
What time were you there? we may have met.

btw, the cups were there with no prominent personalities, just on the floor.

5.30pm till about 9pm.

More description needed? I came straight from work and was in a suit.

Had a blast, plenty of great people!
we had our photo taken at about 5.30. Got there at 4.20

we had our photo taken at about 5.30. Got there at 4.20

Got there @ 4:50 photo taken 6:45pm - it was great having some conversations whilst lining up about the season and how brutal we were in the GF. They tried to play the GF on a projector inside the club but it kept jumping and freezing :(

So they still had problems with the game broadcast, when we were there they had just got it running but it kept skipping. But we were al kept busy sharing memories of the past few seasons and discussing the new ins and outs.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ha...uldnt-be-happier/story-fndv8os9-1227084943842

Stuart Fox said he was struggling to find a negative at the moment.

“The only negative for me at the moment is that I believe we could be selling more pet memberships. A lot more.”

:D:D:D:D

A light hearted article by Titus

This is so funny, I am tempted to send this to an Essendon supporting relative who is not happy that we got Frawley but it would probably send him off the deep end :D

Another one guys....

The Hawks are currently on a six game winning streak for finals...

Where does that sit in the history of the VFL/AFL?

Carlton 8 (1906 - 1909 PF)
Hawthorn 6 (2013 - ongoing)
Brisbane Lions 6 (2001 - 2002)
Geelong 5 (2007 - 2008 PF)

If not for the 2012 GF we would have already smashed the Carlton mark (having won 8 of our last 9 finals matches).

As it is we'll have to settle for the 2015 PF weekend!

Different finals system sure, but our highest mark (prior to 2013-14) was a four game finals hot streak in 1988-89

Sooooo when does pre season training start?

Cant see anything on the website yet. But did notice this.

The Cup Tour.

For Melbourne, the last stop as they settle into home :)

Date: Saturday 6 December 2014
Time: 9am-2pm (local time)
Venue: Hawthorn Football Club
Ricoh Centre, Stadium Circuit
Mulgrave VIC 3170

These are the other cities it hasnt gotten to yet. Was just leaving Darwin on sat. Might have been there for Cyrils wedding. Congrats Cyril :)

141008-HCT-sydney.gif
141008-HCT-canberra.gif

Date: Saturday 25 October 2014
Time: Midday-3pm (local time)
Venue: The Grandstand
Oval 1, University of Sydney
University Avenue
Camperdown NSW 2050
Date: Sunday 26 October 2014
Venue: Canberra Southern Cross Club
92-96 Corinna Street
Woden ACT 2606
141008-HCT-adelaide.gif
141008-HCT-perth.gif

Date: Saturday 1 November 2014
Venue: Club Marion
262 Sturt Road
Marion SA 5043
Date: Sunday 2 November 2014
Time: 10am-2pm (local time)
Venue: Subiaco Football Club
246 Vincent Street
Leederville WA 6007

Another one guys....

The Hawks are currently on a six game winning streak for finals...

Where does that sit in the history of the VFL/AFL?

Carlton 8 (1906 - 1909 PF)
Hawthorn 6 (2013 - ongoing)
Brisbane Lions 6 (2001 - 2002)
Geelong 5 (2007 - 2008 PF)

If not for the 2012 GF we would have already smashed the Carlton mark (having won 8 of our last 9 finals matches).

As it is we'll have to settle for the 2015 PF weekend!

Different finals system sure, but our highest mark (prior to 2013-14) was a four game finals hot streak in 1988-89

Geelong won their 2008 PF. You would have to think that we would get to at least 7 in 2015. I wouldn't expect us to bomb out any sooner that SF or PF.

Back