All the nice little things about winning the 2014 Premiership

Your favorite Hawthorn premiership?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Still gets me excited, the best moment of GF 2013 for me.... aside from Hodge lifting the cup at the end.
Agreed. The other 2 sealing goals were pretty damn amazing too, Bruest's shark of Sandilands' tap and then snap, and Poppy long to Hill howling into the goalsquare in front of him Mum. Pretty magic!

Watching the cricket just now and they show the flags on top of the stand at the MCG, I think it would be nice if they hang the flag of the winning afl team each year.

Chillax, I'm just having friendly banter. Think of my consideration as a pre-season warning. We will be premiers next year. You can't defeat the blood's culture

Or we could all just concentrate on things that have actually taken place.

showposter.jpg

That goal by Hill, and the following footage of his mum was just awesome, and great to watch.

Smith's goal was the goal of the GF was a massive clutch goal. However I was waving my scarf around like a manic after Hill's goal; I knew we had won it and was behind the goals at that end. Breust's was a pearler too!

Sorry for the bump but I was thinking about this thread today...

Living in the US, I have to subscribe to the watchafl.afl.com.au streaming service, and one of the things they use to replace the commercials is this same mini-recap of the end of last season and into the finals, consisting of highlights and some of the great calls. I've heard Bruce say this probably at least a hundred times, over the vision of the postgame celebration of the Swans after their smashing of North in the prelim:

They're in a golden era, aren't they? Biggest winning margin ever, in a final - biggest score ever. The Swans will be charging to the MCG...

And I always, always add "to their dooooom."

Living in the US, I have to subscribe to the watchafl.afl.com.au streaming service, and one of the things they use to replace the commercials is this same mini-recap of the end of last season and into the finals, consisting of highlights and some of the great calls. I've heard Bruce say this probably at least a hundred times, over the vision of the postgame celebration of the Swans after their smashing of North in the prelim:

They're in a golden era, aren't they? Biggest winning margin ever, in a final - biggest score ever. The Swans will be charging to the MCG...

I think for this thread you don't need to apologise for giving it a bump mate ;)

I think for this thread you don't need to apologise for giving it a bump mate ;)
I types those exact words into the reply box last night, then lost internet for a while, came back this morning to find someone had clicked post for me but from your account.

Rarely watch swines games without us playing, so I had not heard Bruce pump them up ready for us to burst their bubble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back