Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I realise he is coming on as an assistant coach rather than as a midfield coach but hopefully he gets a chance to do a reasonable bit of 1 on 1 stuff during that 2 year period, being a champion midfielder himself. He'll obviously be busy gelling with the group first though.

Can't remember who said it, but i think someone was a little skeptical of the succession plan pairing it with malthouse buckley. So i'll set this straight
Sydney/ Longmire, put in place by Roos who knows the best direction for the club, football wise
Collingwood/ Buckley, put in place by Eddie who does not know the best direction for the club on the field

Can't remember who said it, but i think someone was a little skeptical of the succession plan pairing it with malthouse buckley. So i'll set this straight
Sydney/ Longmire, put in place by Roos who knows the best direction for the club, football wise
Collingwood/ Buckley, put in place by Eddie who does not know the best direction for the club on the field
Also Roos left Sydney willingly, and will do the same with us. Malthouse was forced out against his will and Buckley imposed upon the playing group.

I also recall Roos saying he had plans to move to the states, but delayed his plans because of the Melbourne job. He said he had a property in Hawaii and as his wife is American it's fair that she has a chance to be home as she has sacrificed living in the states when Roos was a coach. So I think Roosy will quite happily help get the club in the right direction then move to a tropical paradise. But then again who wouldn't!

I also recall Roos saying he had plans to move to the states, but delayed his plans because of the Melbourne job. He said he had a property in Hawaii and as his wife is American it's fair that she has a chance to be home as she has sacrificed living in the states when Roos was a coach. So I think Roosy will quite happily help get the club in the right direction then move to a tropical paradise. But then again who wouldn't!
Would rather he stays on as Director of Coaching to oversee Goodwin for a year or two.

mrmonkey said:
Odd i actually do recall him saying something like that, the reason i find that odd is because i recall him also saying he wants to be involved with the footy club some way after he has stepped down as head coach.

Odd i actually do recall him saying something like that, the reason i find that odd is because i recall him also saying he wants to be involved with the footy club some way after he has stepped down as head coach.

He's said it a couple of times. I think he said something along the lines of he'd fly back to Aus when he'd have to - live in Hawaii but just be down under when footy needs him to be.

He's said it a couple of times. I think he said something along the lines of he'd fly back to Aus when he'd have to - live in Hawaii but just be down under when footy needs him to be.

Exactly

And there's wonderful things like phones, email and Skype etc where he can remain in contact and provide advice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'm a people person"

From one of Goodwin's interviews today, most refreshing thing iv heard in a long time.

He may speak in a strange south Aussie dialect but I like the bloke. Not gonna come out and say he'll be coach of the year or anything but I like that he's on our team and I love that Roosy will be his mentor.

"I'm a people person"

From one of Goodwin's interviews today, most refreshing thing iv heard in a long time.

He may speak in a strange south Aussie dialect but I like the bloke. Not gonna come out and say he'll be coach of the year or anything but I like that he's on our team and I love that Roosy will be his mentor.

Haha, he does have that strong South Aussie bit about him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back