Toast All things Paul Roos + Coaching: McCartney joins coaches

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the idea of Goodwin, no offense to the late Bailey and Neeld but they were no names as players. Goodwin 270+ games, 2 premierships and captain of the crows is someone the players can look up to
Yeah that worked well for Voss & Watson

As long as it's Choco Williams and not Choco Royal...

Yeah Choco Williams! I mean a lot of stuff went down on his departure here (local stuff/internal stuff) which he wouldn't be able to get away with at another club and it probably wouldn't exist anyway like the family stuff at Alberton, however, he is a great coach and a great teacher of young men.

I was watching him in the warm up for Richmond the other week and he was still barking orders like he was the coach. He'd be better second time around too. Hopefully he's in the mix.

He just needs to stop eating pies and pasties, he's certainly put on a few pounds!

Yeah Choco Williams! I mean a lot of stuff went down on his departure here (local stuff/internal stuff) which he wouldn't be able to get away with at another club and it probably wouldn't exist anyway like the family stuff at Alberton, however, he is a great coach and a great teacher of young men.

I was watching him in the warm up for Richmond the other week and he was still barking orders like he was the coach. He'd be better second time around too. Hopefully he's in the mix.

He just needs to stop eating pies and pasties, he's certainly put on a few pounds!

Don't worry, it was an in-joke. I would have liked Choco if we didn't get Roosy, but now that we have Roos I doubt we'll get an ex-senior coach (despite the Bomber rumors). Much more likely to be an assistant.

Don't worry, it was an in-joke. I would have liked Choco if we didn't get Roosy, but now that we have Roos I doubt we'll get an ex-senior coach (despite the Bomber rumors). Much more likely to be an assistant.

Oh ok, so Roos is there for a couple more then and they are looking for an assistant who can then go on and coach?

Oh ok, so Roos is there for a couple more then and they are looking for an assistant who can then go on and coach?

Yeah, Roos to 2016 then handing over to an assistant. Same as Roos-Longmire or Malthouse-Buckley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, Roos to 2016 then handing over to an assistant. Same as Roos-Longmire or Malthouse-Buckley.

Hopefully not the same as Malthouse-Buckley...

Can you bounce a dead cat?

Not if you're Buckley. You can give it a steely glare, a stern talking to and then front the press to let them know the dead cat you have is no good and you'll be looking to trade into the top 10 of the draft to pick up one of the best up and coming dead cats.

Not if you're Buckley. You can give it a steely glare, a stern talking to and then front the press to let them know the dead cat you have is no good and you'll be looking to trade into the top 10 of the draft to pick up one of the best up and coming dead cats.
I just spat my mouthful of water all over my laptop, thanks for that. POTY material.

Yeah that worked well for Voss & Watson
I'm not saying just because you have a name means you're going to be a good coach, I'd just prefer someone with a name than someone who doesn't

Was just said on SEN that there is an announcement coming up regarding the Adelaide coaching role and Goodwins name is getting thrown up in regards to it.....do we miss our man again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back