News Allen Aylett says NSHGTTGC

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is being kind to him.
To be honest, I feel like saying that he is tracking nicely in his current body, but missed a golden opportunity to die and pass his organs to others, which is essentially what he wanted done to the club. But I realise how politically incorrect it sounds, so I won't say it. Consider it as just a thought.

Brutal! Well played.

Dr. Aylett is entitled to his opinion, even if it's wrong. It's a shame that those opinions no longer match those of his club and supporters, but he is still a North Melbourne legend and we shouldn't forget that he did so many wonderful things for the club. If it wasn't for him and his fellow board members, it may have been North heading to Sydney in the early '80 instead of South Melbourne.

Despite the differences of opinion I hope the club supporters remember what he achieved at North over a long period, and don't stoop to the petty and vindictive level of a Collingwood or Richmond supporter and disown him and his achievements.

I posted along similar lines 3 or 4 years ago. At the time, it was over and many people were (rightly) getting sick of the fact that he wouldn't let go.

But the fact that 3 or 4 years later he is still pushing that tired old f***ing line offends me. Why can't he let it go? It reflects very poorly on him and he is undermining his legend status by holding this bitter stance.

He is a traitor, will never forgive him and his name should be stricken from the club. He didn't just propose a bad idea, he lied to the members while doing so. He cared more about making a name for himself than he cared about the club. It is the same reason these morons killed off South Melbourne.

It's worth noting that Alan's fiscal nous has landed him as likely the only 80 year old dentist still practicing in this country. He would be best served talking about his own career as a player and administrator, a career of many, many great highlights. It is a shame that he has once again ruined a story about himself, a chance to celebrate his own life in the game, with a headline about the Gold Coast.

Although I will say that I am very surprised that the man who paved the way for expansion and the million dollar AFL executive salaries of today has not been remunerated by the AFL. Goes to show what type of organization we have these days.

Look he's an arrogant old *er no doubt, but that kind of comes with the territory.

I have no issue with what he said, not what he wanted though. He didn't get his way and admitted North are doing a great job.

Also....
"A sprightly octogenarian, Aylett still works as a dentist three days a week and watches the Kangaroos most weeks, together with his children and grandchildren".

I suppose it's up to the individuals interpretation, the problem was we should never have allowed a 100 year old back as President, the fight had long left him.

We're here, arguably stronger than ever. Move on peeps, it don't matter.

My North supporting grandma worshipped him as a player. I lauded him as a North Melbourne administrator in the 70's. I no longer see his relevance. Piss off and stick to fixing teeth AA. You lost. We, the North Melbourne diehards, won.

Like that comment Twinkletoes , got me pumped that, so much so I am going to visit the Rooshop for the first time in a while in the next few hrs. Said it before administrators and players come and go but the diehard supporters are there for life.

If it wasn't for him and his fellow board members, it may have been North heading to Sydney in the early '80 instead of South Melbourne.
Freaky stuff. So, you're saying the Sydney Kangaroos would have beaten the South Melbourne Swans in the '96 GF?

I posted along similar lines 3 or 4 years ago. At the time, it was over and many people were (rightly) getting sick of the fact that he wouldn't let go.

But the fact that 3 or 4 years later he is still pushing that tired old f***ing line offends me. Why can't he let it go? It reflects very poorly on him and he is undermining his legend status by holding this bitter stance.

Is it Dr. Aylett pushing "that tired old f***ing line" or is it the author of the article trying to court controversy to add some weight to the article. We don't know the context in which those comments came about, and how much of his comments have been left out. It maybe that he spoke for 20 minutes about how well the current board have been doing and 2 minutes about the potential missed opporunity, but Ashley Browne decided to target the negative because he/she has an agenda similiar to Caroline Wilson and wants to see North Melbourne gone from Melbourne or gone altogether. Doubtful I know, this isn't watergate, :) it's only a puff piece for a football magazine and it should be treated as such.

In the end the morons asking for his name and achievements to be stricken from the North Melbourne record books are the biggest idiots of all. To wipe away his history is to wipe away 40-50 years of the history of the NMFC. And that maybe the first strike towards NMFC extinction.

Freaky stuff. So, you're saying the Sydney Kangaroos would have beaten the South Melbourne Swans in the '96 GF?

Quite possible. And Longmire would be our current coach.

Do you think Carey would have liked playing in Sydney?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's time the club stepped in to help those poor suffering fools, perhaps setting up a Relocationists Anonymous group so AA, Kingy, Caro, etc can all gather together once a month to deal with their issues as failed relocationists. Or perhaps just send the boys round to politely suggest they STFU.

Last time I checked people (especially those such as Allett) are entitled to an opinion whether agreed to or otherwise.

In this instance he is obviously wrong IMHO, but it doesn't mean people should crassly abuse him.

Very reasonable. But what he is wrong about matters a lot. And his decision to pipe up now is a reminder that he actively, secretly campaigned to kill the club we all love and was personally responsible for the most heartbreaking, heartstopping period most of us can remember as supporters. And its an illustration that if he had the chance he would do it all again. Sorry, but if he chooses to go down that road he can ****ing **** off.

I'm sure everyone respects what he did for the club in the '70's. If he didn't, in all honesty, there would probably be no North Melbourne.

The fact is that he was prepared to tear it all down to enhance his legacy as a football visionary. He's basically put his standing in AFL headquarters ahead of his standing at NMFC. For that I will never forgive him.

gallery_1_1_11337.jpg

The Man will always be a North legend - but he was an expansionist when he was at the VFL and he drunk the Cool Aid. It would be more dignified if he just shut up.

It was clear to anyone listening that the Ego of the man took over. He wanted to be recognised as the father of the national competition, having sent the Swans to Sydney. As other administrators of the AFL took on greater credit for grander accomplishments, this prick decided to sacrifice his own club to ensure that his legacy as THE expansionist would always be recognised. When Glenn Archer began to buck the moves to shift our club to QLD, the story goes that this old prick cornered Arch at a club function, warned him to STFU and stay out of club politics as he, Aylett will always be the true legend of the club. F*** Aylett. He is no legend of my club. He is nothing to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back