Suggestion Allowed File Types and Sizes

Remove this Banner Ad

G'day those in charge,

I'd like to open formal dialogue regarding the allowed file types and sizes on BigFooty.

On the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board, we make templates on Photoshop or Illustrator and, because of restrictions, we have to host them externally. This has been an issue with external sites being obviously unreliable and unsecure.

As it stands, we're only allowed to upload zip, txt, pdf, png, jpg, jpeg, jpe, gif and xml. It is possible to compress a Photoshop file (.psd) or Illustrator file (.ai) to .zip, so it's not a huge issue on that end. However, because the maximum allowed upload file size is 1MB, we're in a pickle.

An insanely small barebones Photoshop (.psd) template file is about 3-5MB. A good one would be anywhere from 5-20MB or even more. Illustrator (.ai) files are smaller than photoshop, so max file size is less of an issue.

What I'd recommend is increasing that upload file size to 5-10MB (or larger if possible) and adding .psd and .ai to the list of allowed file types.

Anyway, thanks for listening and I'm looking forward to any feedback.

Cheers

On the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board, we make templates on Photoshop or Illustrator and, because of restrictions, we have to host them externally. This has been an issue with external sites being obviously unreliable and unsecure.
Which hosts are you using at the moment?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back