Restricted Free Agent Andy McGrath [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

You were playing the likes of setterfield and Caldwell ahead of him in the midfield

Hobbs too
Both bigger.
Hobbs covered parish and mcgrath during injury recently.
In effect, he's proven himself in a BP role no one can do. So its kinda become his schtick now

I dont see how he plays in the middle for us again

I remember we were after him before we went after the GWS boys...

his value has slipped even further he will probably have to stay now at the Bombers on mimimum chips, I can't see their being a big market for him.

Wonder how he'd fit into Carlton's midfield mix?

We certainly need a bit more pace and defensive pressure to go with Walsh but ideally need some elite kicking forward of centre, not sure if he provides that.

We certainly need a bit more pace and defensive pressure to go with Walsh but ideally need some elite kicking forward of centre, not sure if he provides that.
nope, kicking is rushed and panicked and lost a lot of pace after a couple of leg injuries and bulking up.

can't see him getting as much at free agency as Essendon would want and i can't see a matched bid that works either, unless clubs see a lot more possibility than fans do

Both bigger.
Hobbs covered parish and mcgrath during injury recently.
In effect, he's proven himself in a BP role no one can do. So its kinda become his schtick now

I dont see how he plays in the middle for us again
Yep so the question becomes does he want to play mid over backline

And if so which teams midfield would he suit

Absolute spud …. You can get a pick 50 to play back pocket …. But can’t trade him as he has no value at all
We were heavily in to him. They had him earmarked for Shaw’s replacement if he didn’t go Pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would fit perfectly into our backline.

His pace is not a good enough reason to recruit him for the midfield. Kicking is below average and the week to week would get him being so small.

Should be a Bomber for life.

Would fit perfectly into our backline.

His pace is not a good enough reason to recruit him for the midfield. Kicking is below average and the week to week would get him being so small.

Should be a Bomber for life.

Pidge is decent enough in a lock down role on a small fwd.

He is not the guy you want with the ball exiting the backline though.

he won't be worth much in a FA deal.

Pidge is decent enough in a lock down role on a small fwd.

He is not the guy you want with the ball exiting the backline though.

he won't be worth much in a FA deal.

Yes which is why I think he would be good at Carlton.

We have Saad, Williams, Newman, Boyd, Docherty who are all better as half back distributors but we definitely lack a traditional lockdown small.

Pointless convo as he will stay at the Bombers.

Yes which is why I think he would be good at Carlton.

We have Saad, Williams, Newman, Boyd, Docherty who are all better as half back distributors but we definitely lack a traditional lockdown small.

Pointless convo as he will stay at the Bombers.

agreed, he is VC

we will overvalue him.

Kane's going to lose his **** when Andrew McGrath gets 6 years.

Kane's going to lose his **** when Andrew McGrath gets 6 years.
Essendon really should be able to re-sign him for 2 or 3, it’s not like any club is going to be offering anything more than that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back