Restricted Free Agent Will Hayward [RFA 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Lots of people on the Swans board will tell you he is useless and the likes, he is defintely our whipping boy when we lose or if has a quiet game. But, every club isn't going to be filled with a-graders. You need others that can come in and do a job; which Hayward does. He's not going to light up the stats sheet, but he's a pretty good outlet for us coming out of defense and is a solid mark. Goalkicking could better, but I hope we keep him, honestly.

Lots of people on the Swans board will tell you he is useless and the likes, he is defintely our whipping boy when we lose or if has a quiet game. But, every club isn't going to be filled with a-graders. You need others that can come in and do a job; which Hayward does. He's not going to light up the stats sheet, but he's a pretty good outlet for us coming out of defense and is a solid mark. Goalkicking could better, but I hope we keep him, honestly.
To be fair it’s a hard position to play half forward and players gets judged far too harshly playing this role as it’s often not one that reflects well on the stat sheet

Becomes a no mans land often

Very selfless role

Good team guy, honest footballer.
Low possession winner.
Slight upgrade on Gary Rohan

I hope Adelaide is going hard at Hayward.

Good honest footballer and adding a 15-30 goal per year forward (I assume Hayward numbers would lower a touch at Adelaide due to competition) does allow us to explore a midfield move for someone like Rachele/Pedlar without blunting the teams offensive offensive output.

To be fair it’s a hard position to play half forward and players gets judged far too harshly playing this role as it’s often not one that reflects well on the stat sheet

Becomes a no mans land often

Very selfless role

1710205069435.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows apparently keen
Family are crows supporters also

But tbh crows forward line is the one area they don’t need to focus on improving as much

No they have a solid line-up on paper in the forward line but their best small forwards (Rankine & Rachele) are also being forced into being dynamic midfielders too.

Hayward would allow one of them to go into the midfield permanently and work on their game for a season without being shifted around.

No they have a solid line-up on paper in the forward line but their best small forwards (Rankine & Rachele) are also being forced into being dynamic midfielders too.

Hayward would allow one of them to go into the midfield permanently and work on their game for a season without being shifted around.
The Crows would be better off recruiting midfielders, Rankine and Rachele will never be mids at afl level

Carlton, Melbourne, Crows and Power showing interest in Will

Never thought I'd hear the day that "Will Hayward is hot property" surrounding trade talk. Sure I want him to stay, but not sure he's type to be in demand like that. I know some will disagree, but I felt like he provided more value to the Swans than what other clubs would see in him. Guess I'm wrong.

Never thought I'd hear the day that "Will Hayward is hot property" surrounding trade talk. Sure I want him to stay, but not sure he's type to be in demand like that. I know some will disagree, but I felt like he provided more value to the Swans than what other clubs would see in him. Guess I'm wrong.
Morris has been known to put a bit of mayo on things but he'd be a good piece for a forward line in plenty of teams.

Hill Wayward in demand from four Clubs. My reaction

Happy Charlie Brown GIF by Peanuts

Honestly want him to stay

HFF is the hardest position on the field to play, and I think he does it very well.

His also done a great job negating the opposition's best interceptor at times this year.

Hard to gauge his value, bit of a team player, but chips in for a few goals a game generally and provides value.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back