Autopsy Another day of same se

Remove this Banner Ad

We can definitely compete against any club for a quarter a game.

As soon as its two quarters we are halfway through our rebuild.
This is why the process is slow . Last year we were barely able to compete in the first half of the year by the end we improved enough and won some games. This year we are able to sustain it for a quarter and a bit . Hopefully soon half a game. We have young players in key positions who just tire due to lack of depth while our forward s and backs are limited in ability and will be added too over the coming seasons. Like shares it takes time . There will be turnover of players and possibly coaches still too you would think.

The Joey & I high fives at quarter time, he stormed out of the room half way through the second. At half time we turned the game off to watch my older Joey umpire.

Next week we will sit in front of Kayo & do it all again.
Better than mine. They won't watch at all now. Can't blame them. It's hardly enjoyable and there are virtually no highlights.

At the end of the first I was proclaiming public holidays until Wednesday should we win

Mrs G sat for a few minutes and said that boy of yours just kicked it to the other player and muttered “I don’t know how you watch this” and left

Seems like eons ago that I was pulling into the driveway at 1.30am after a Friday night.

Miss that feeling that every win was a triumph and every loss a crush and I am not talking about the 90’s but even that era of 2013-2017.

When there’s hope there’s hope.

At the moment each Round is estimating what the loss will be.

Team must be very despondent.

The only game worth winning is * for the rest of this season.

Is it time for us who attend the home games to protest our disgust after the games ... not by jeering, yelling abuse or booing.And certainly not by spitting.

Perhaps nobody immediately leaves the stadium, but we all simply stand in dead silence with our backs to the field for five minutes. That would certainly set league talking and a powerful message to the club that we've had enough of its spin and excuses. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Turned the game off at half time, Midfield has no defensive ability.
Dark days indeed, when you sit at home hoping for lighting to end the game.
In the 1st quarter it looked like Greenwood was opposed to Miller and beating him at the stoppage. Start of the 2nd, opposed to JHF and Miller won the clearance (from memory, might need to watch replay to confirm.

My question is, if we had a winning formula in the 1st quarter, why did we go away from it?

Is it time for us who attend the home games to protest our disgust after the games ... not by jeering, yelling abuse or booing.And certainly not by spitting.

Perhaps nobody immediately leaves the stadium, but we all simply stand in dead silence with our backs to the field for five minutes. That would certainly set league talking and a powerful message to the club that we've had enough of its spin and excuses. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH
I reckon we should spit! Why not??

I won't be doing that, for a number of reasons but primarily because it's not the sort of behaviour I would not want to model for my kids who will be there.

I reckon we should spit! Why not??
No, because we openly mocked and criticised Richmond and Crows supporters when they did it. Sometimes it's what you don't do or don't say that is far more powerful. I remember how angry John Howard got when a group of aboriginals stood with their backs to him. The message that they lost faith in him rocked him, and yes he was humiliated.

I won't be doing that, for a number of reasons but primarily because it's not the sort of behaviour I would not want to model for my kids who will be there.
Well it's like this. It's better to teach your children to shun behaviour and performance that they find unacceptable in life. That is a far better solution than hurling abuse or violently lashing out. I get it that you are no doubt trying to teach your children humility and how to handle and accept loss. But after three years, I imagine that they've got a pretty good handle on being humiliated and eating gut loads of humble pie by now. They can be educated that there are extremely effective ways to make your disgust or disappointment known in life without resorting to disgusting behaviour, vandalism or violence.

Respectfully, your replacement coach suggestion right now?
Weather the storm man. It’s so early on a rebuild it’s not funny. I’m not saying I’ll put up with a Melbourne Demons style scenario, but this thing has only just started. How impatient are you? What do you know better than professional coaches? Please, do tell us your wisdom & how you’d fix this overnight.

Seriously mate - how do you fix this situation right now - better than Nobes & Rawling can do it.

They’re trying. They’re not deliberately f**king with us for fun. They want premiership number five.
If I can’t back them in, I’m definitely not thinking you’ve got the answers, but it sounds like you think you do…? So, please, do tell us mate. What exactly should the club do right now?

We are going to get flogged for a bit.
Every friggen team that’s won a flag has spent time at the bottom before they’ve got back to the top.
Stop being an impatient little bitch.
Unless you’ve got a better plan than the club does?
And I’m 100% sure you don’t.

Go back to being a supporter & actually support.

The fact is, you are supporting a Melbourne Demons style scenario. Nobles win/loss is at or surpassing Mark Neelds horrendous record right now.

We are in terminal decline. We have 46 thousand members in board, have lost hydraulics and the captain is fighting with the crew whilst in a nose down pitch...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Better than mine. They won't watch at all now. Can't blame them. It's hardly enjoyable and there are virtually no highlights.
I'm the same. My boy intermittently walks past the TV and even if its just started and we are down by 1 goal, he'll quip "getting flogged again" and continue to his bedroom...

I hold grave fears that by the time we are good, they'll be lost forever.

81-36 according to AFL app

Equal 9th highest inside 50 differential in AFL history.

Gold Coast however equalled AFL’s 3rd highest inside 50 count ever. Brisbane’s effort against us earlier in the year now relegated to 10th.
97C4FD5C-C60D-4931-BDBF-2F6026F47475.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We give the ball back coming out across HB so to me the I50 count doesn't stress me too much. That is why missing on Massi was a terrible call in the MSD. Not guaranteed to make it but at least has the tools to make a difference if he does.

We have little speed on the outside through the midfield and in the small positions forward and back. Teams know they can run through us and that we will likely kick it to them when we have the ball. There is no incentive for teams to be defensively focused so they can focus on the offensive traits.

If we had a full list tomorrow, I would drop Jack, Jy and Kayne in a heartbeat.

No, because we openly mocked and criticised Richmond and Crows supporters when they did it. Sometimes it's what you don't do or don't say that is far more powerful. I remember how angry John Howard got when a group of aboriginals stood with their backs to him. The message that they lost faith in him rocked him, and yes he was humiliated.
I knew people there that day.

They never had faith in him to begin with, they wanted to express their contempt for him given what he'd done in the last 18 months. And that they thought he was a racist little * who didn't deserve pissing on.

Is that the message you want to send to the club?

I knew people there that day.

They never had faith in him to begin with, they wanted to express their contempt for him given what he'd done in the last 18 months. And that they thought he was a racist little duck who didn't deserve pissing on.

Is that the message you want to send to the club?

So your alternative is? To sit there humiliated after games, week after week, listening to the endless excuses and club spin, and continue chowing down on a turd sandwich :rolleyes:

I like it, great plan. :thumbsu: YES! Let's all do that instead. NOTHING! Yes doing nothing always works doesn't it?

It's obviously not about racism, but when the club is treating its fans like idiots round after round with endless excuses (they surely must be running out of them by now) and talking up individual improvements and performances that are in no way backed up by the stats, then they are not respecting us. When the club is clearly in denial about what's going on internally, that's not respecting us. I would suggest that our 47,000 members are showing an enormous amount of loyalty and belief that's not being reciprocated.

Something's got to give. How long are you prepared to sit back, say nothing, do nothing, and to watch them sink?

For the record I thought the aboriginals were quite restrained and showed great dignity that day too. They showed us exactly how to voice disapproval.

Last edited:
I'm the same. My boy intermittently walks past the TV and even if its just started and we are down by 1 goal, he'll quip "getting flogged again" and continue to his bedroom...

I hold grave fears that by the time we are good, they'll be lost forever.

Make it interesting, a few weeks back i said to my son ' i feel in my boner, we'll win this quarter'. He laughed and said if we win this quarter ill cook dinner, which is unheard of. So much so, when we won the quarter by a point the Mrs wouldnt let him cook because she wanted something eatable.

The effort just isn’t good enough. It’s unacceptable. That we’re rebuilding only gives them a little bit of an excuse, certainly not enough of an excuse to get smashed every week. Something needs to change. It’s not good enough.

This all sounds a little dramatic for me.
What about we all ride the bumps, bitch and moan to each other when they are s**t, gloat when they win, beat our chests with rage when they lose and when we finally win a flag again we can walk around with our chests puffed like king utensil for a while until we are s**t again, then rinse and repeat.

Well it's like this. It's better to teach your children to shun behaviour and performance that they find unacceptable in life. That is a far better solution than hurling abuse or violently lashing out. I get it that you are no doubt trying to teach your children humility and how to handle and accept loss. But after three years, I imagine that they've got a pretty good handle on being humiliated and eating gut loads of humble pie by now. They can be educated that there are extremely effective ways to make your disgust or disappointment known in life without resorting to disgusting behaviour, vandalism or violence.
Screenshot_20220605-105355~2.png

Yep. Kids are no mugs. My brother's one pretty much has his head in his hands from the opening minutes. Apple hasn't fallen far though, he still suffers through it like his father, but I'm not sure for how much longer.

Because our situation is exactly like that. Kind of an appalling analogy.

Also if there’s one thing this group doesn’t need more of, it’s humiliation. If we are frustrated and disappointed, how do we imagine they feel?

At the end of the first I was proclaiming public holidays until Wednesday should we win

Mrs G sat for a few minutes and said that boy of yours just kicked it to the other player and muttered “I don’t know how you watch this” and left

Seems like eons ago that I was pulling into the driveway at 1.30am after a Friday night.

Miss that feeling that every win was a triumph and every loss a crush and I am not talking about the 90’s but even that era of 2013-2017.

When there’s hope there’s hope.

At the moment each Round is estimating what the loss will be.

Team must be very despondent.

The only game worth winning is * for the rest of this season.

You know in 2017 we were one loss away from a spoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back