Autopsy Another day of same se

Remove this Banner Ad

I still can't get over the inside 50 count....82 to 36 has to be an all time AFL record.

If you saw that stat along with 34 shots to 12 you'd say that should be a 120 point loss. We were lucky they kicked poorly.
But it’s ok Cyber ….
Noble will still bring up the positives on what you can only call a “s**t show” again today …

I don’t care if Turner bring leadership or freshly baked muffins to the group he is woeful.
I’m not sure he could impact a local footy game.
He has never ever been any good.

Mahoney is streets ahead of Turner and he’s not much Chop either.

Not playing Stephenson is being stupid.
Bloke brings more than 15 blokes out there tonight.
If it’s to teach a lesson on commitment or whatever that’s crap, if that’s the case then we should have 15 blokes from today playing VFL next week.

Finally.
I refuse to believe our midfield is this bad with the amount of talent in there.
So WTF are they being instructed to do ????
Noble is lost.

Will be at the game against GWS and make as much noise as possible but other than that, not looking forward to much of anything else.

Our first quarter was probably the faintest of glimpses we can see that tells us we can do some things right. The problems start when the opposition switch momentum. God are we bad at stopping onslaughts.

We are still bereft of mature-age talent that can turn the corner. Our young guns like TT (out of form), Jy (good goal but out of form) and co. are proving to be huge problems for us. Directly impacted by the lack of senior guys that can steady the ship.

We have never been in a position where we've had to battle with very little senior experience on every line to enforce the instruction, keep the heads up and fight to the end. To answer Yianni's question, in hindsight, I think we did go too deep on the cuts and got rid of too many players (although they weren't the footballers we wanted, they were the footballers we needed).

Our complete inability to execute basic skills is down to (yet again) lack of leadership, composure, drive, competitiveness etc. Our list balance is shot.

Rawlings hit the nail on the head mentioning the necessity of mature-age players but the fact he was around when we delisted 11 blokes is interesting to say the least. If we need them, why did we piss em off? And again after?

Some questions need to be asked.

We are collecting small nuggets of s**t in hope that we can assemble a complete turd.
I am in Reggio Calabria having a vino and the wife and I had a grin at this comment

I'm enjoying the viewing this year, its putting hair in places I never new it'd grow. Character building.

If we're no better next year, sack Scotts

Themanbun I feel your angst. What does being a member buy? If we wanted more how could we get it? Some posters here in the past waxed on about influencing board votes to get pro transparency advocates seats. I doubt it and would it help the win/loss? I've asked it here b4, what can we fairly expect from the club without harming it for piece of mind. Maybe the white knight's had secret meetings where they signed no disclosure doc's and then were let in on the good goss.

Its a bit like if our forever bureaucrats suddenly were free to share with the mob all their opinions of and interactions with the elected representatives of the day. Sure there'd be some sweet dopamine hits but then what. Do we lose good operators coz "bad" hot takes in the press? A thousand questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This team is an abomination and something needs to change drastically.

There’s no positive to sell here. -45 inside 50s. Are you ##### joking me?

I still can't get over the inside 50 count....82 to 36 has to be an all time AFL record.

If you saw that stat along with 34 shots to 12 you'd say that should be a 120 point loss. We were lucky they kicked poorly.
81-36 according to AFL app

Equal 9th highest inside 50 differential in AFL history.

Gold Coast however equalled AFL’s 3rd highest inside 50 count ever. Brisbane’s effort against us earlier in the year now relegated to 10th.

Seriously * off kayne Turner. He is literally the worse *ing player in the league right now. He would get shown up in local amateur footy, deadset spud!

I've simply had enough.

Noble has to go (and whoever else) - we are completely unwatchable and showing no improvement whatsoever.
Respectfully, your replacement coach suggestion right now?
Weather the storm man. It’s so early on a rebuild it’s not funny. I’m not saying I’ll put up with a Melbourne Demons style scenario, but this thing has only just started. How impatient are you? What do you know better than professional coaches? Please, do tell us your wisdom & how you’d fix this overnight.

Seriously mate - how do you fix this situation right now - better than Nobes & Rawling can do it.

They’re trying. They’re not deliberately f**king with us for fun. They want premiership number five.
If I can’t back them in, I’m definitely not thinking you’ve got the answers, but it sounds like you think you do…? So, please, do tell us mate. What exactly should the club do right now?

We are going to get flogged for a bit.
Every friggen team that’s won a flag has spent time at the bottom before they’ve got back to the top.
Stop being an impatient little bitch.
Unless you’ve got a better plan than the club does?
And I’m 100% sure you don’t.

Go back to being a supporter & actually support.

Other teams have been through the same thing we have and its turned around for them. We're some years on pain whilst we turn the list over.
Reminding myself that we got absolutely pantsed in Brad Scott era too, like not even in the game for any of it from the first bounce, absolute demolition, whereas at least we put together some patches of good stuff, but its few and far between.
Hawks 110+ thumping in tassie and smashing by Ross Lyon's Saints at Telstra Dome by 90+ still burn in my brain.

It's frustrating but I reckon the players are trying, they just aren't fit enough and disciplined enough just yet.
Felt for Curtis Taylor and Flynny Perez, playing on the wings, not their natural position but we don't have much else other than Stevo maybe.
Good education for them and at least will build their flexibility in different roles and fitness for future years.
There's just so many holes all over the ground that we've papered over with guys who are trying but just aren't up to it.
It will turn at some point like it has for these other clubs. I do feel a bit for Noble, he's to set up the club's high performance (recruiting exit and fitness staff etc) and then trying to coach the team week to week. It's almost like which part of the leaky bucket do you fix first. Tough gig.

Will be at the game against GWS and make as much noise as possible but other than that, not looking forward to much of anything else.

Our first quarter was probably the faintest of glimpses we can see that tells us we can do some things right. The problems start when the opposition switch momentum. God are we bad at stopping onslaughts.

We are still bereft of mature-age talent that can turn the corner. Our young guns like TT (out of form), Jy (good goal but out of form) and co. are proving to be huge problems for us. Directly impacted by the lack of senior guys that can steady the ship.

We have never been in a position where we've had to battle with very little senior experience on every line to enforce the instruction, keep the heads up and fight to the end. To answer Yianni's question, in hindsight, I think we did go too deep on the cuts and got rid of too many players (although they weren't the footballers we wanted, they were the footballers we needed).

Our complete inability to execute basic skills is down to (yet again) lack of leadership, composure, drive, competitiveness etc. Our list balance is shot.

Rawlings hit the nail on the head mentioning the necessity of mature-age players but the fact he was around when we delisted 11 blokes is interesting to say the least. If we need them, why did we piss em off? And again after?

Some questions need to be asked.
It’s a dilemma. The senior guys we kept are not good enough (apart from Ben 10), and the senior guys we cut were less good still. Only Higgins would have added quality, which is why he was the only one of any trade value at all.

I was feeling the opposite watching yesterday. If we are going to be thrashed every week we might as well be giving younger more talented players games - this year they are not really getting much visible leadership or protection from the older ones.

Dispiriting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back