Any father-son/father-daughter picks coming up in the near future?

Remove this Banner Ad

Family friends of ours rave about Cousins son, says he moves and plays just like him and a cut above the rest...

Hopefully if we're lucky Judd or Cousins kids can carry on and be the Eagles version of what Gary Ablett is for Geelong. Its about time we get lucky with a father-son.
You just feel like Judd and cousins kids would even get a rookie spot somewhere solely based on the name and obviously wherever their footy skills are at. 2 of the games great names. Even if they posses 25% of what their parents had they'll be good enough even if late developers. I'd get one on the cats list for a couple of years to develop in the 2s at worst.

You just feel like Judd and cousins kids would even get a rookie spot somewhere solely based on the name and obviously wherever their footy skills are at. 2 of the games great names. Even if they posses 25% of what their parents had they'll be good enough even if late developers. I'd get one on the cats list for a couple of years to develop in the 2s at worst.

Would have said the same about Peter Matera right?

The Pies and Bulldogs have been the clear winners from f/s of late. I wonder if they do anything different or its just pure luck.

The Pies and Bulldogs have been the clear winners from f/s of late. I wonder if they do anything different or its just pure luck.

I think it’s just luck

When you consider how many AFL players have kids there aren’t that many father/sons running around and only maybe a dozen or so that are any good

Brisbane - Ashcroft and Fletcher (plus Daniher and Dunkley who were a F/S at other clubs)
Collingwood - Daicos x2 and Moore
Geelong - Hawkins
Bulldogs - Liberatore, McRae, Darcy
Sydney - Blakey (Pinched from North)
North - McDonald
Carlton - Silvagni
West Coast - Waterman

I might have missed some but that’s the best ones off the top of my head

Family friends of ours rave about Cousins son, says he moves and plays just like him and a cut above the rest...

Hopefully if we're lucky Judd or Cousins kids can carry on and be the Eagles version of what Gary Ablett is for Geelong. Its about time we get lucky with a father-son.

Even if his son is a gun, what would the chances be that he comes to West Coast?

Are there any resentments within the family towards the club for failing to provide a duty of care?

The man is responsible for his own actions, but the club did look the other way.

lol. Perhaps progressive breeding policies? Forced marriages with women of the right breeding sort?

It’s people, not race horses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Equipment? If you played professionally and you can't afford to buy your kid some boots and a ball you probably didn't play enough games to qualify them anyway.

Even if his son is a gun, what would the chances be that he comes to West Coast?

Are there any resentments within the family towards the club for failing to provide a duty of care?

The man is responsible for his own actions, but the club did look the other way.

The club has always looked after after Cousins post his football career.

Has had a few off field roles at the club, even when he was still using.

He's still regularly seen around the club also now he's clean, I don't think he's directly employed by them at the moment either.

Would be surprised if there is animosity

He's spent a fair bit of time down at the club, now that he appears mostly over his issues. Seems the relationship is ok.

What would they be doing differently? Make ex player's breed with elite female athletes??
We have Sam Butler and Nat Medhurst's kid coming up.
That's something to look forward to hopefully.

6 games short of another AFL/netball combination unfortunately (Mitch Brown & Shae Bolton)...

Last edited:
I think it’s just luck

When you consider how many AFL players have kids there aren’t that many father/sons running around and only maybe a dozen or so that are any good

Brisbane - Ashcroft and Fletcher (plus Daniher and Dunkley who were a F/S at other clubs)
Collingwood - Daicos x2 and Moore
Geelong - Hawkins
Bulldogs - Liberatore, McRae, Darcy
Sydney - Blakey (Pinched from North)
North - McDonald
Carlton - Silvagni
West Coast - Waterman

I might have missed some but that’s the best ones off the top of my head
I reckon Melbourne has White coming through in a year or so

Remove this Banner Ad

Back