Appeal ASADA v Dank (AFL) WADA V Players CAS(Nov), WADA v Dank? New evidence players tested TB4

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it quite hilarious. What is the point of having an appeals process if it works like this. I understand a case being heard de novo but not being presented de novo, the former implies that the judge got the decision wrong, the latter that the losing party just got their case wrong.

I hope they have rumpelstiltskin on their legal team, someone there is going to have to spin s**t into gold.

He's right though. This could allow the players to bargain their 2 year ban down to just 685 days!
Given the legal arguments of ASADA (players were given tb4 without their knowledge) it would be very difficult to explain why players don't deserve the no substantial fault discount. So that takes it below 2 years already. There have already been delays attributable to ASADA (December-May 14) and the players have taken a provisional suspension of around 5-6 months. More delays are good regardless of the strength of the case.

I find it quite hilarious. What is the point of having an appeals process if it works like this. I understand a case being heard de novo but not being presented de novo, the former implies that the judge got the decision wrong, the latter that the losing party just got their case wrong.

I hope they have rumpelstiltskin on their legal team, someone there is going to have to spin s**t into gold.

Seriously, it's a quasi court for sport that straddles jurisdictions. Yeah, you lose a bit of the tailor made justice for your chosen sport and country.

Here's an idea, get rid of the unfair sport court and just let all disputes related to sport be heard in court just like the rest of us. Instead of a striking charge from the MRP just go with assault charges from the DPP. All this needless duplication when we already have a functioning court system.

You suspect wrong, the matter of fairness has been well and truly thrown out because this saga has been built along whom you support.

Unfairness?

Let me tell you:
* how unfair AFL Commissioners and executive can be when they want to
* about the lack of a National Sporting Ombudsmen who can hear sporting disputes
* how voiceless individuals can be when the AFL run the sporting media in Melbourne
* how when you report a crime to the AFL Integrity Unit they tell you it's not their concern.

But, wait a minute, you know all about it.

So if an international body like WADA comes over the top and pulls these people into line. Excellent.

everyone disagrees with me bar a couple of blokes banned simply because they got it right last time, pretty close myself, so when i go you guys can say what you want and wallow in your correctness :rolleyes:

Mate I said the players would win at the afl tribunal.

But I also said asada would not appeal but Wada would.

I made a classic mistake early on, I forgot to back self interest. It was never in the interests of the afl to have essendon rendered impotent on field and for the club to be sued.

But I corrected myself and if you doubt it then the actions of Wada re having the hearing in Switzerland suggest Wada feels the same way.

Given the legal arguments of ASADA (players were given tb4 without their knowledge) it would be very difficult to explain why players don't deserve the no substantial fault discount. So that takes it below 2 years already. There have already been delays attributable to ASADA (December-May 14) and the players have taken a provisional suspension of around 5-6 months. More delays are good regardless of the strength of the case.
Yes they took a provisional suspension depriving themselves from .... meaningless pre-season games. You sound like you think they will be found guilty and can only hope the delays will reduce the suspension..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Utterly feeble resort to behind the sheltershed at playtime taunting.

The ongoing deterioration in your already low quality input is almost sad to behold. Though not really unexpected.

I don't expect to have a quality convo with someone who claims they know even what sporting events i have and haven't been to :rolleyes:, i find those sort of comments very telling.

I am happy to get back on topic ?.

In case you haven't realised yet, the concept of anti-doping is generally designed to catch cheats.

It doesn't have double jeopardy and that sort of stuff in it for a reason.

It's designed to make it really hard to weasel out of s**t. It's designed to make you face the music, no matter good a bullshitter you are.

That's the point that you and Phil and just about every other Essendon weirdo just doesn't get.

Seriously what a joke, 2 and half years and still unable to make a case.

What a disgrace

ASADA witness tampered and suspected of presented forged evidence.

The process = joke times 1000
Yep, completely a joke, they all should've been suspended 2 years ago for 2 years. As soon as club and/or ultimately players couldn't produce records of what they were injected with.

hahaha oh dear, WADA is unable to outline its case. Oh well. Give them another few months. Maybe some evidence will magically appear.

******* lol. What's going on?? The HTB have been telling me what a slam dunk it is?? Just a matter of present it and get a different version of comfortable satisfaction??

Hopefully gives them enough time to build their case regarding AOD and whatever else that was against the drug code that, between ASADA, Essendon and the AFL, managed to vanish into thin air.
did your Melbourne mate come up with that one? Looks like one of his specials. Sounds good but is actually just wrong

hahaha oh dear, WADA is unable to outline its case. Oh well. Give them another few months. Maybe some evidence will magically appear.

******* lol. What's going on?? The HTB have been telling me what a slam dunk it is?? Just a matter of present it and get a different version of comfortable satisfaction??

What's the rush?

the point is because it needs to be this way, despite the flaws. If you were relying on errors of law it makes it too easy for the appeal to be nobbled

What's the rush?

Good point. I suppose there is no rush when you don't watch football anymore and your life around AFL is the HTB.

Why so long to simply lodge the appeal? What's wrong with ASADA's case that needs two months to review?

Seriously, it's a quasi court for sport that straddles jurisdictions. Yeah, you lose a bit of the tailor made justice for your chosen sport and country.

Here's an idea, get rid of the unfair sport court and just let all disputes related to sport be heard in court just like the rest of us. Instead of a striking charge from the MRP just go with assault charges from the DPP. All this needless duplication when we already have a functioning court system.
um, it's not "tailor made" for Australia... it's direct from the WADA code...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back