Are Carlton a lock for the wooden spoon?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was of the belief this is a fan forum. The idea being we get to share our thoughts on all things AFL, including Carlton and the state they are in. If you don’t like reading it and you have a problem, then it’s your problem.
Who said I have a problem? I said we don't care what you think so making statements like carlton being a laughing stock is wasted on us.

I was of the belief this is a fan forum. The idea being we get to share our thoughts on all things AFL, including Carlton and the state they are in. If you don’t like reading it and you have a problem, then it’s your problem.

The media have at times gone harder at Carlton than most of us here.

e.g. Hutchison on FC ridiculed Bolton for stating "we want to be known for our pressure" or some such. He said Carlton doesn't apply any pressure, but the week before against a much better opponent in Port, they did.

Nobody likes it when their team is performing poorly but if you are simply going to shout down all criticism, it's best to stay off the forums.

The media have at times gone harder at Carlton than most of us here.

e.g. Hutchison on FC ridiculed Bolton for stating "we want to be known for our pressure" or some such. He said Carlton doesn't apply any pressure, but the week before against a much better opponent in Port, they did.

Nobody likes it when their team is performing poorly but if you are simply going to shout down all criticism, it's best to stay off the forums.

It’s easy to end up in denial too. Brisbane fans were no different under Leppitsch. It wasn’t all his fault but at the end of the day. If your not winning games for a substantial period, the numbers will get you.

If you aren't 1st, you are last. Your acceptance of mediocrity is why your club has 2 flags in 100 years.

Just so you know, we could care less what any of you think so do yourself a favour and save it for someone who cares.

My club might have two flags but I’m 28 and couldn’t give a rat’s arse what happened decades before I was born. As far as I’m concerned Carlton has won one flag before I was even in primary school and the Bulldogs won two years ago.

Meanwhile Carlton are set to claim a fifth spoon in the past 16 years (history lesson - the bulldogs have four overall). And you are here posting an awful lot for someone who apparently doesn’t care.

Ask yourself who really is accepting mediocrity when you ignore your team’s current plight to wave around the magic number 16.

My club might have two flags but I’m 28 and couldn’t give a rat’s arse what happened decades before I was born. As far as I’m concerned Carlton has won one flag before I was even in primary school and the Bulldogs won two years ago.

Meanwhile Carlton are set to claim a fifth spoon in the past 16 years (history lesson - the bulldogs have four overall). And you are here posting an awful lot for someone who apparently doesn’t care.

Ask yourself who really is accepting mediocrity when you ignore your team’s current plight to wave around the magic number 16.

1 person doesn't speak for all of us. Believe me, WE CARE. A hell of a lot actually. I'm sick of waving the 16 flags bullshit around. It's irrelevant much like wooden spoons are today. A wooden spoon just means you get a higher draft pick. A flag is something your team achieved when they were relevant. We are irrelevant at the moment.
Make no mistake though- finishing last this year is a symptom of 10+ years of extremely poor recruiting. SOS knows this quite well. Bolton knows it quite well. We have a list that has zero depth, and injuries this year are exposing that greatly.

It needs to be looked at realistically though, and I make NO excuses for our lack of effort after the 1st quarter against the lions. It is, in my 38 years, the lowest the club has ever been. There are circumstances to why we are last though, and so i'm willing to tough it out and hope that SOS and Bolts can get us out of this. From what I'm told they knew this would be a very tough year, but injuries just compounded the issues at hand. Effort doesn't require 1st round draft picks, and it's something our club should rightly be condemned for... But please, we are hurting. Really badly. Finishing last (possibly) 5 times since the millennium is a disgrace that we are ALL aware of. We want out of this as soon as possible, but it's going to take time. It'll turn and it'll turn quickly.

1 person doesn't speak for all of us. Believe me, WE CARE. A hell of a lot actually. I'm sick of waving the 16 flags bullshit around. It's irrelevant much like wooden spoons are today. A wooden spoon just means you get a higher draft pick. A flag is something your team achieved when they were relevant. We are irrelevant at the moment.
Make no mistake though- finishing last this year is a symptom of 10+ years of extremely poor recruiting. SOS knows this quite well. Bolton knows it quite well. We have a list that has zero depth, and injuries this year are exposing that greatly.

It needs to be looked at realistically though, and I make NO excuses for our lack of effort after the 1st quarter against the lions. It is, in my 38 years, the lowest the club has ever been. There are circumstances to why we are last though, and so i'm willing to tough it out and hope that SOS and Bolts can get us out of this. From what I'm told they knew this would be a very tough year, but injuries just compounded the issues at hand. Effort doesn't require 1st round draft picks, and it's something our club should rightly be condemned for... But please, we are hurting. Really badly. Finishing last (possibly) 5 times since the millennium is a disgrace that we are ALL aware of. We want out of this as soon as possible, but it's going to take time. It'll turn and it'll turn quickly.

Great post, no head in the sand here. Kudos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back