Are we confident against Adelaide?

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a little point about Rutten and the comments made about Welsh running out and then dropping back. Welsh did nothing after 1/2 time, Rutten actually has a brain in his head and is fairly well comfortable away from the full back position. He adjusted what he was doing and Welsh wasn't able to get the space that he got in the first quarter.

You only have to have seen the bath's he has given Tredrea and Brown (recently) to see that he is more than comfortable further up the ground.

Like last weeks game against the bulldogs, I think this will be another close game and I'm really starting to hate these close games.

Our midfield does go deeper than Goodwin, Edwards and Thompson. The loss of Reilly is large for us as he was sensational in the second quarter. If you had of seen our game, then the third quarter from Porplyzia was outstanding and he has some of the best hands you will ever see play the game. Similar to a Diesel Williams (but quicker) skill set. You have also forgotten a couple of our younger guys in the midfield that helped us through the nab cup, although the commentators all called them Van Berlo for most of the games. These are Vince (taller and as solidly built as Goodwin), MacKay a fast lightly built wingman that has no fear and Douglas another clever quick wingman with a knack for being a good small forward option as well.

In the game against the Bulldogs, Goodwin spent more time out of the middle than in there, same with Edwards, so Craig continued on with his policy of throwing our younger players to carry the side. They nearly got us over the line.

Well i would say we match up very well against Adelaide so i expect us to win even without LeCras

Masten and Kennedy to come in for LeCras and one of either Graham/Fletcher/Staker. With Graham i think being the unlucky one and the ruckman rotating as playing loosely in defense to stop Tippett and McGregor.

Why would you drop Fletcher??

I hope Ebert replaces LeCras and possibly Kennedy for Graham but not fussed really.

I agree that it will probably be a lowish scoring game with 12-13 goals being a winning scoreline.

Lynchy will be held by Rutten thats a given so I think that guys like Hansen and Staker need to become more attacking options. someone has to bob up with 3 or 4 goals.

Need to get off to a good start on Saturday arvo. Quiet the crowd a bit, get the crows players thinking "not West Coast again".

Hopefully the mids are all fit and firing also.

It'll be close either way.

I'm tipping a change of tactics with Lynch and Rutten. In our forward line we have options of Hansen, Lynch, Seaby and Kennedy.

Now given Rutten's great record on Lynch we can do one of two things. Play Lynch at FF as a decoy to get Rutten away from the goal square and then have Seaby / Kennedy as to go to key forward.

OR

We can play Lynch on a HFF with Kennedy / Hansen and have Rutten run with Seaby / Hansen or Kennedy.

When it comes to KPP the Eagles have options....lots of options....Neil Craig will not be sleeping well this week IMO.

The other very interesting thing is the Crows change of tactics. They are developing a new attacking game based on playing their older stars forward of the play, no more running back and flooding then surge forward. Goodwin, McLead and Edwards are spending less time on the ball and more time forward. This could be a big problem as teams that attack the Eagles full on have had success.

Will be a great game.

We've matched up well in the past. Does that mean we match up well in 2008?

There have been some significant changes to our roster in recent times.
Round 13 2007 AAMI stadium W/C V Adel

We had no Judd, Staker, Hansen, Cousins, Chick, Stenglein.
Embley and fletchers first game back from injury

Final score W/C 95 beat Adel 74

Best on ground Kerr, Cox, Glass, Hunter, Waters, Seaby , Priddis to name a few from the eagles year book.

So yes we have had some roster changes but not for this game as the team we fielded last year wasnt as strong as the one we will field on saturday as we will have Stinger, Hansen and Staker in for Armstrong, Rojo, and Cones.
My Prediction W/C 112 Def Crows 82.:):thumbsu:

Because he was sh*t in the game against brisbane and even worse against ESSENDON thats why!

Keep Graham for tippet have glass on mcgregor and hunter can then swing forward taa daaa their is your miss match hunter V mcleod.
Also have masten debut a bit of pace and they will add a rookie to cover there losses probably Jarryn Jacky and Pat Dangerfield.:):thumbsu:

Exactly, he normally has a field day against the crows as he normally isnt tagged.

Purely thinking as for our future. I know its hard to contemplate these things but they must be done. I mean look at Sydney and Freo these days. If we are to move forwards Masten is easily in our best 22 and Fletcher is easily out.

Round 13 2007 AAMI stadium W/C V Adel

We had no Judd, Staker, Hansen, Cousins, Chick, Stenglein.
Embley and fletchers first game back from injury

Final score W/C 95 beat Adel 74

Best on ground Kerr, Cox, Glass, Hunter, Waters, Seaby , Priddis to name a few from the eagles year book.

So yes we have had some roster changes but not for this game as the team we fielded last year wasnt as strong as the one we will field on saturday as we will have Stinger, Hansen and Staker in for Armstrong, Rojo, and Cones.
My Prediction W/C 112 Def Crows 82.:):thumbsu:

Oh man that would be Unbelievable!!! please be true :D

Line up for this week assuming no changes should be

B.Jones D.Glass A.Selwood

B.Waters A.Hunter M.Nicoski

S.Hurn T.Stenglein M.Braun

B.Staker A.Hansen A.Embley

M. Seaby Q.Lynch D.Wirrapunda

Bench C.Masten J.Kennedy C.Flecther M.Rosa

Emg J.Mac, S.Selwood, B. Ebert

In Masten, Kennedy

Out LeCras (groin) Ghram