Game Day Round 1, 2024 : West Coast v Port Adelaide - 1.00pm Sun 17/3 @ Adelaide Oval (A new era begins)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gamestyle is clearly different to the one that won us the flag in '18.

Not sure how you can't see the 'obvious'.

Did I mention game style?

As I said innumerable times last season it’s about players and roles and seeing the ones we do have with a different set of eyes. But yes I’m aware of the glacial attempts to move our game style from the Hawthorn one he brought to the club for a more modern one.

I’m entirely unsurprised that you are happy with said glacial pace

10 Goals to 16 away. Lessons:
And players need to move on soon as we transition.
Many kids like Long and Ginbey are not as good as some make out. Patience and realistic expectations are needed.
Many mid age plodders are WAFL standard and need to be moved out this year. Edwards, Cole, Waterman etc spring to mind. But big Harry and a few others younger players are a worry.
Don't traded down on picks ever.
Harley is by far our most talented player.

So we take 50 pts as honourable losses now?

How we have fallen.
We're at the bottom rung of a rebuild. Our seniors are absolutely cooked, and our young guys can actually play but need time. There's nothing in between due to poor list management. It's where we're at and there's no shame in taking positives from that game, especially in light of the past two years.

Gaff 4 touches
Barrass 4
Darling 4

The senior players continue to let the team down. There's only so much argument that it's good to have them in the team when they can actually show some leadership.
Given how bad Gaff and Darling were last year (or more) they really needed to show something to show they're not done and they just didn't. Why are they getting games? Like surely they weren't just tearing up the preseason only to serve up this s**t on game day right?

To be fair it wasn't a four quarter effort

Translation: "He didn't even get a touch in the first half! 45, Bock & Gunston, I'm actually a closet fantasy nerd."

10 Goals to 16 away. Lessons:
And players need to move on soon as we transition.
Many kids like Long and Ginbey are not as good as some make out. Patience and realistic expectations are needed.
Many mid age plodders are WAFL standard and need to be moved out this year. Edwards, Cole, Waterman etc spring to mind. But big Harry and a few others younger players are a worry.
Don't traded down on picks ever.
Harley is by far our most talented player.
Don't agree respectively on Long and Roobz. They will be players- give them 6 months!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back