No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Selfishly, I'm a little pissed off. The eve of the verdict and suddenly it's back in the papers for the foreseeable future. Naively and romantically, I just want to get back to the football. There's a season about to get underway and for once I'd just love to focus on the game without having to be confronted with drugs infiltrating the sport from every angle and media outlet.

Collingwood supporters going too hard the other way. I would learn the facts before calling them to be sacked. I think they may be doing it to look different to Essendon supporters.
Sure there is a positive test (and will get band for it if they return a positive B sample), but we don't know how they ended up taking it.

Oh and the Essendon and Collingwood situation is different anyways (which some don't understand). One is circumstantial and the other is a positive test.

I'm sure Essendon supporters would be calling for players that returned a positive test to be suspended (and possibly sacked), especially if they are fringe players. Can't believe Collingwood supporters are getting on their high horse already.

Collingwood supporters going too hard the other way. I would learn the facts before calling them to be sacked. I think they may be doing it to look different to Essendon supporters.
Sure there is a positive test (and will get band for it if they return a positive B sample), but we don't know how they ended up taking it.
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt if Sarah gives Eddie a ring.

I haven't read any posts outside of this thread re: the 2 pies players. I can imagine that some pies supporters will be happy to say, sack the players, they deserve their ban. But we know that if it were 2 high profile pies players, they would be saying something completely different.

While their a-sample is positive, let's wait for the b-sample to come back. I have no interest in attacking the players or CFC, we've had to put up with it for too long and I don't wish it upon any supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love it how they're sacking their players without giving them a chance. Probably just ate something containing the substance.

I haven't read any posts outside of this thread re: the 2 pies players. I can imagine that some pies supporters will be happy to say, sack the players, they deserve their ban. But we know that if it were 2 high profile pies players, they would be saying something completely different.

While their a-sample is positive, let's wait for the b-sample to come back. I have no interest in attacking the players or CFC, we've had to put up with it for too long and I don't wish it upon any supporter.
I'm in complete agreement with this. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise -- ASADA are far from a competent body, let alone a model litigant.

Clenbutrol burns fat. It is big in the body building world. It raises the core temp rapture of the body so you burn more calories. It is also used for asthma patience as it opens airways.

Unless the Cwood players were eating group 1 race horses I very much doubt it was from something they ate. They don't give clenbuterol to farm animals unless they are sick etc.

Ways of testing positive:

1 - deliberately taking (4 year ban).
2 - contaminated meat from china/mexico holiday (asada issued warning about this so may not be as strong a defense as it was in past*)
3 - imported meat (possible, but highly unlikely as Aus bans any imported meat from animals that have been treated with clen)
4 - someone fed it to them without them knowing (again unlikely as they would have noticed taste/texture and or the physical effects from taking it - most people get shakes from it)

* https://asada.govspace.gov.au/2012/03/01/contaminated-meat/

I don't have any wish to see 2 players suspended for 4yrs, or even 2 yrs. And I don't really get any pleasure out of wishing Collingwood as a club, and their supporters, to suffer as badly as we have,
but......

I want to see the AFL and ASADA unleash the same scrutiny on Collingwood as they have on us.
I want the Age and SEN to be consistent.
I want to see an investigation, and not just into Collingwood.
Not that there is likely to be anything going on. That bird has flown. A retropsective look at 2012 and prior might reveal a lot, but all the clubs have had plenty of time now to get their houses in order since then.
Nonetheless, let's see the AFL and the critics apply the same approach as they did to us.

Clenbutrol burns fat. It is big in the body building world. It raises the core temp rapture of the body so you burn more calories. It is also used for asthma patience as it opens airways.

Unless the Cwood players were eating group 1 race horses I very much doubt it was from something they ate. They don't give clenbuterol to farm animals unless they are sick etc.
swanny needs a lot of Clenbutrol ;)

Hope all of our players, the Collingwood 2 and Ryan Crowley are found not guilty.

But it's not looking good for these Collingwood two, it's not even a sports drink banned on matchday like Saad/Crowley. This is a full on banned performance enhancing drug on all days, and a positive test.

tbh Even though Collingwood are the scum of the earth I wouldn't want any of their players banned. I doubt these kids would have willingly taken Clen. They would have to be legally *ed to do so.

As long as they are treated with the consistency that Essendon were than I have no issues

Hope all of our players, the Collingwood 2 and Ryan Crowley are found not guilty.

But it's not looking good for these Collingwood two, it's not even a sports drink banned on matchday like Saad/Crowley. This is a full on banned performance enhancing drug on all days, and a positive test.
Why? Positive samples to PEDs could mean that they knowingly took it. Under the code, a positive sample = 2 year bans (and now up to 4 years). Unless they didn't know, they should have seen it coming. No sympathy for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back