Ask a Libertarian

Remove this Banner Ad

thing is Ron Paul can actually be respected because he puts his (often pro corporate, anti human) opinion on the line.

the guy was a clown. loved by idiot internet libertarians everywhere but otherwise insignificant in US politics. even less so after all the other clowns started getting elected on the tea party platform. his son is also a clown. any of their reasonable opinions are drowned out by all the clown conferences.

the guy was a clown.

No, he is not.

As a doctor in Texas, Kwiatkowski says, Paul delivered more than 4,000 babies over the years. Most people may not know that Paul "has also been an outspoken proponent of midwifery, market-driven health care and, in his medical practice, he refused to accept federal funds." Even under great pressure from the Texas branch of the American Medical Association and the Texas Medical Board, Kwiatkowski adds, "Dr. Paul refused to accept Medicare and Medicaid funding even as he served many of the poorest residents of Brazoria County.

he was as a doctor in the United States Air Force from 1963 to 1965 and then with the United States Air National Guard from 1965 to 1968.

insignificant in US politics

He won the popular vote in the U.S. Virgin Islands. He came second in Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and the District of Columbia, and third in Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri (non-binding primary), Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming and the Northern Mariana Islands.

If he said he wanted to bomb Iran instead of talking about the Amercian puppet goverments in Iran in the past during the republican debates he would have done even better.

Last edited:
No, he is not.

As a doctor in Texas, Kwiatkowski says, Paul delivered more than 4,000 babies over the years. Most people may not know that Paul "has also been an outspoken proponent of midwifery, market-driven health care and, in his medical practice, he refused to accept federal funds." Even under great pressure from the Texas branch of the American Medical Association and the Texas Medical Board, Kwiatkowski adds, "Dr. Paul refused to accept Medicare and Medicaid funding even as he served many of the poorest residents of Brazoria County.

dude, i was ranting against ron paul's craziness before you'd ever heard of him. i don't need some wet-behind-the-ears adolescent with no university degrees lecturing me on US politics. the guy also thought evolution was 'just a theory', believed in an invisible dude in the sky, and opposed abortion on a libertarian ticket, lulz.

He won the popular vote in the U.S. Virgin Islands. He came second in Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington and the District of Columbia, and third in Alaska, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Hawaii, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri (non-binding primary), Nevada, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, Utah, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming and the Northern Mariana Islands.

he won nothing (other than a house seat).

the guy was a clown. loved by idiot internet libertarians everywhere but otherwise insignificant in US politics. even less so after all the other clowns started getting elected on the tea party platform. his son is also a clown. any of their reasonable opinions are drowned out by all the clown conferences.

His son is a shill I get that, and Ron is a bit of a shill too. All libertarians are.

But he takes opinions (like the one posted above) that run contrary to the MIC, Banks etc. at times so I can respect him for that.

So are libertarians and humanists basically on the same page and waging the same struggle? It's weird - the more I understand of all these 'isms' the more I find I don't fit perfectly into any of them.

One more victory for the 'salad bar' approach?

Well Libertarians are about individuality at the core. Personal choices are what matters most, not the collective mindset employed by a lot of philosophies.

Which means from a personal point of view one can have a salad bar approach to ones own beliefs/views.

So individuals could form communist collectives inside a libertarian society?

it seems his son is a w***er and probable bought out by the puppet masters.

not his fathers fault.

the guy also thought evolution was 'just a theory',

Darwin's Theory Of Evolution is a theory.

believed in an invisible dude in the sky,

God? so do most the world.

[/QUOTE]and opposed abortion on a libertarian ticket, lulz.[/QUOTE]

wgaf? no one is perfect.

out of all the world issues this is what ruffles your jimmys?

[/QUOTE]
he won nothing (other than a house seat).[/QUOTE]

he was #2 behind romney the nutter for a long time.

TPB didnt want him there.

Last edited:
and you're not very bright.

I did not claim to be; however you are saying Doctor Ron Paul is a clown. I have not meet too many doctors that are not smart. Why does his religious views matter? Surely abortion is a side issue in the grand scheme of things. I think you will be hard pressed finding to many world leaders that are atheists. The man is far from insignificant. A person which values liberity in a world that does not more and more as time goes on.

What kind of craziness do you allude to from doctor Ron Paul? Not wanting to bomb a country that has had more or less been peace since the time of Khan, as opposed to every other american politician of the time? Doing medical worth for free for people in need? Asking for the federal reserve to be audited for the first time in 100+ years? for saying the ISIS-USA relationship is suss?

all you have offered so far is to besmirch a mans reputation who is seemly should have been shot by now

and infer the LIBOR scandal is indeed merely anti-bank propaganda, or at least fail to give historical context to the led up to the event.

Well Libertarians are about individuality at the core. Personal choices are what matters most, not the collective mindset employed by a lot of philosophies.

Which means from a personal point of view one can have a salad bar approach to ones own beliefs/views.
First and foremost Liberation s are about me.me.me and screw everybody else. Wouldn't piss on one , even if they were on fire

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 2

Why does his religious views matter?

because his religious views inform his politics. eg he dismisses the fact of evolution by claiming that evolution is "just a theory" and opposes abortion due to religious beliefs as well.

Surely abortion is a side issue in the grand scheme of things. I think you will be hard pressed finding to many world leaders that are atheists.

and when they let their superstitions interfere with their public policy, i call them clowns too.

Asking for the federal reserve to be audited for the first time in 100+ years?

you're an idiot. the fed is audited by the GAO all the freakin' time. you don't even know which aspects of the fed are not included in this audit, why that is, or what difference it makes. grow up (or you know, go to school and stop being educated by shitty websites).

all you have offered so far is to besmirch a mans reputation who is seemly should have been shot by now

i don't have to do anything. the guy was a crackpot, this is why he never won anything. we could mention the whole racist newsletter issue, but you seem to be quite the fanboi.

and infer the LIBOR scandal is indeed merely anti-bank propaganda, or at least fail to give historical context to the led up to the event.

the reader infers. the writer implies. go to school.

(i haven't spoken about the LIBOR scandal at all actually. just correcting your assertion [via money masters and ensuing drivel] that the world's central banks are privately owned corporations.)

because his religious views inform his politics. eg he dismisses the fact of evolution by claiming that evolution is "just a theory

Evolution is just a theory; any scientist will tell you that. It's a theory that's supported by the available data, but it's still only a theory.

And it'll never be anything else.

Evolution is just a theory; any scientist will tell you that. It's a theory that's supported by the available data, .

have we done this before? i'm not sure.

anyway, you've got it backwards. the theory isn't supported by the available data, the available data is explained by the theory. so, there's the fact of evolution (that species change over time) and the theory that explains why (natural selection, random mutation etc).

so no, ron paul is as wrong as you are to suggest evolution is "just a theory". evolution is fact. the theory explains the fact. capiche?

but it's still only a theory. And it'll never be anything else.

and comments like this just suggest you don't understand what 'theory' means in science.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and comments like this just suggest you don't understand what 'theory' means in science.

Actually, as a mathematician I understand very well what theory and proof mean in science.

Scientific theories can't be proved; they will always remain theories. Evolution is a theory I happen to think is fact, but it's still only a theory.

Only a non-scientist would suggest otherwise.

Actually, as a mathematician I understand very well what theory and proof mean in science.

your commentary thus far belies this assertion.

Evolution is a theory

nope, sorry. evolution is a fact. darwin's theory of evolution is a theory that attempts to explain that fact. you're conflating darwin's theory with the what said theory tries to explain.

There's the fact of evolution. Evolution (genetic change over generations)3 happens, just like gravity does...The Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection is our best explanation for the fact of evolution.

http://www.notjustatheory.com/

First and foremost Liberation s are about me.me.me and screw everybody else. Wouldn't piss on one , even if they were on fire

I don't think so.
  1. Libertarianism (Latin: liber, "free") is a political philosophy that upholds liberty as its principal objective. Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and freedom of choice, emphasizing political freedom, voluntary association and the primacy of individual judgment.
1. The act of liberating or the state of being liberated.
2. The act or process of trying to achieve equal rights and status.
1. a liberating or being liberated
2. (Sociology) the seeking of equal status or just treatment for or on behalf of any group believed to be discriminated against: women's liberation; animal liberation.
1. the act of liberating or the state of being liberated.
2. the gaining of equal rights or full social or economic opportunities for a particular group: gay liberation.
3. the gaining of protection from abuse or exploitation: animal liberation; children's liberation.
[1400–50; late Middle English < Latin]
lib`er•a′tion•ist, n., adj.

Theoretically, my understanding is value is supposed to be placed on liberty in general, and not in a individual sense. My liberty is more important than yours... Perhaps you have had personally experence with selfish Liberation s

I'm a libertarian and i dont believe in pro gun laws. My definition of libertarian is allowing people to do anything they want as long as it doesn't affect anyone else negatively. And therefore guns which create death and fear would infringe upon that

Personally i wouldn't view this as "First and foremost Liberation s are about me.me.me and screw everybody else."

Last edited:

The inability to comprehend is strong in this one. The Libertarian believes in smaller Governments because they believe in the end it is up to communities to look after each other. The for example, lower taxes equal more disposable income which allows for people to be more philanthropic. Able to comprehend yet?.

So individuals could form communist collectives inside a libertarian society?
Of course. That would be no different to a kibbutz would it. If it's on their property and causing no others harm what's the issue? As long as they didn't request funding for it.

Of course. That would be no different to a kibbutz would it. If it's on their property and causing no others harm what's the issue? As long as they didn't request funding for it.

haha its a bit different from a commune mate.

Say all the bricklayers got together and started a gigantic trade union and extorted everyone for bricks.

Is that ok?

I don't think so.
  1. Libertarianism (Latin: liber, "free") is a political philosophy that upholds liberty as its principal objective. Libertarians seek to maximize autonomy and freedom of choice, emphasizing political freedom, voluntary association and the primacy of individual judgment.
1. The act of liberating or the state of being liberated.
2. The act or process of trying to achieve equal rights and status.
1. a liberating or being liberated
2. (Sociology) the seeking of equal status or just treatment for or on behalf of any group believed to be discriminated against: women's liberation; animal liberation.
1. the act of liberating or the state of being liberated.
2. the gaining of equal rights or full social or economic opportunities for a particular group: gay liberation.
3. the gaining of protection from abuse or exploitation: animal liberation; children's liberation.
[1400–50; late Middle English < Latin]
lib`er•a′tion•ist, n., adj.

Theoretically, my understanding is value is supposed to be placed on liberty in general, and not in a individual sense. My liberty is more important than yours... Perhaps you have had personally experence with selfish Liberation s

Personally i wouldn't view this as "First and foremost Liberation s are about me.me.me and screw everybody else."
I dont think your interpretation is right at all. I dont see anything selfish in Libertarianism.

haha its a bit different from a commune mate.

Say all the bricklayers got together and started a gigantic trade union and extorted everyone for bricks.

Is that ok?

Refer the link I provided on Unions.

Further more the extortion wouldn't work. In that case others would come in and undercut them so as to drive them out of business if their prices were not market competitive. Remember, preventing others from going about their own lawful business is against the Libertarian model. Unions disregard this right often to push their own agendas.

I dont think your interpretation is right at all. I dont see anything selfish in Libertarianism.

Yes, I am agreeing with you. Apologies for the poor wording. Just pointing out 'mellowyellow' is not IMO on the mark with his comment: First and foremost Liberation s are about me.me.me and screw everybody else.

Refer the link I provided on Unions.

Further more the extortion wouldn't work. In that case others would come in and undercut them so as to drive them out of business if their prices were not market competitive. Remember, preventing others from going about their own lawful business is against the Libertarian model. Unions disregard this right often to push their own agendas.

So you don't understand what the word "all" means then? In my scenario there is no "others" its "all of the bricklayers" which means all of them. As in there are no others. Every bricklayer in the country joins a union and they ask for the highest possible prices they can.

To make it more clear: What protections are in place to stop cartel behavior in a libertarian society?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back