Multiplat Assassin's Creed: Unity

Remove this Banner Ad

1 year after release I still haven't had sufficient reason to buy next gen console

Still got a few months worth of gaming

Alien isolation
Evil within
AC rouge
Far cry 4
The wolf among us

and their been stuff all next gen only games

1 year after release I still haven't had sufficient reason to buy next gen console

Still got a few months worth of gaming

Alien isolation
Evil within
AC rouge
Far cry 4
The wolf among us

and their been stuff all next gen only games

That is like nannas saying they wont update their box T.v's to flat screen because they both play the same TV channels :p

This game dead?

I was thinking of getting it in 2 weeks but this ghost town of a thread isn't doing it any favours

Moved over to Far Cry 4. Will probably be back to finish the story but don't think I'll platinum this like I did for Black Flag and AC3 (I must be the only person in the world who liked AC3 lol).

Can't put my finger on it exactly, despite all the next gen stuff going on it just feels flat for me somehow. There's the god-awful framerate of course - I'm usually the last person in the world to care about framerate/resolution stuff but its really noticeable. Also, they reviewed this on Good Game last night and made a point of praising the NPCs and the 'life' of the Paris streets. For me its exactly the opposite - yeah its nice having so many NPCs and the environments all look very good, but that's all it is, just pretty window dressing. Nothing is different from previous versions in terms of interactions or gameplay. Another thing is none of the missions really involve you in the progression of the revolution, it all kinda just happens around you as wallpaper while you kill Templars. NPC animations on the streets and a bit of dialogue from Napoleon in a cut-scene are literally the only indication you've got that a revolution is taking place. Bit of a missed opportunity IMO.

I'm interested to hear from people in this thread who've bought the game and whether the game is worth it after these patches. I'll probably still get this game but I'll wait for it to drop in price definitely.

I've been overseas with this waiting for me at home.

I'm hoping that the framerate and other issues will be patched by the time I get around to it.

Might just stick to the GTA remake until they sort it out.

I loved Black Flag, so I'll definitely be giving it a good shake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chuck Unity on ... reads Unity needs an update.

Well okay. I'm nearly finished but if this makes the final bits a bit more smoother then sure.

Size of the update is around 40gb...

Leonardo-Dicaprio.gif

Chuck Unity on ... reads Unity needs an update.

Well okay. I'm nearly finished but if this makes the final bits a bit more smoother then sure.

Size of the update is around 40gb...

Leonardo-Dicaprio.gif

That at first turned me off the game but turns out it's a "glitch". A glitch with the patching system to fix glitches.

"The patch is quite massive too, weighing in at 6.7GB on the PS4. On the Xbox One though, it’s another sad story entirely. Something went wrong with the patch itself, prompting players to download a 40GB update. Sadly, that’s an accurate figure, after Ubisoft confirmed that the patch mistakenly replaces files it already has. If you’re lucky enough to have the disc version, you can uninstall and re-install the game to get the correct, smaller patch size. If you bought the game digitally, you’re out of luck for now."

Wasnt this a PS+ feature on the ps3? i think you could choose between a window of 2 hours (maybe more)

I switched from the 360 but when I was googling about a PS4 scheduler the other day I did read that it was available on PS3
This issue and also not being able to play movies off a portable seem very regressive. I love my PS4 but I effing hate sony

Finished it today, really enjoyed it. Some issues but normal to people that play the series. Good signs for future games as the changes were nice and graphics beautiful.

Just wish they would make more character models for enemies, they have like 5 in this game. Make a 100 dammit.

I've been playing it since Christmas too, got up to the final memory this afternoon but needed to take a break. Have really enjoyed it too, same control issues that always annoy me in AC games but the narrative has been good and I've been enjoying the combat as well. Elise is a hottie too, weird as that may be.

Minus the controls (got the hang of them but still occasionally fail me at the worst times), campaign length, cookie cutter characters and story and the British accents, this game has really grown on me. Feels more like what AC3 could/should have been instead as it returns to a city setting with typical AC stuff. I've been getting more into the side missions as they all tell their own little story.

Spent the day with a mate smashing out all the coop trophies and have a bit of advice for anyone else going for the plat. Look up the locations of the sync points before you start a coop mission to save yourself a bunch of time. We saw the occasional gold shiney thing and didn't bother looking up what they were for. Turns out you have to get every single one to unlock every skill point. So we had to run through everything again :(. They're only in the coop missions though. Not the heists. glad to have all the coop stuff done now and can just sit back and grind chests, glyphs and side missions.

Spent the day with a mate smashing out all the coop trophies and have a bit of advice for anyone else going for the plat. Look up the locations of the sync points before you start a coop mission to save yourself a bunch of time. We saw the occasional gold shiney thing and didn't bother looking up what they were for. Turns out you have to get every single one to unlock every skill point. So we had to run through everything again :(. They're only in the coop missions though. Not the heists. glad to have all the coop stuff done now and can just sit back and grind chests, glyphs and side missions.

Just got the platinum, yeah this is good advice - I had to re-do all the co-op missions to get all the sync points. Platinum was a bit of a pain for mine, some ******* stupid trophies in there - whoever came up with the idea of a trophy for doing all the training missions should reconsider their career in video game design. I mean seriously, what a fantastic way to piss off your core audience - the people who would be interested in getting the platinum in the first place are by and large the ones who already know how to play the game. And I think we could all do without the trademark AC open all 78,000 chests trophy, such a cheap way to build playtime into a trophy. Far Cry 4 handled it perfectly, find 30 or 40 % of a collectible for the trophy, get the rest if you really want.

Combat seemed to get a bit better toward the latter stages of the game once I had unlocked some more skills but maybe that was me just adjusting to its clunkiness. Its definitely still nothing to write home about. Smoke bomb is still an 'I win' button. Co-op stuff yeah I dunno, it is possible to have some fun if you're playing with people who know what they're doing but I'd say 80% of my games were with people just running round in high profile and constantly getting into conflict, think I'd rather have the old multiplayer back.

All in all just more AC, certainly not the jump in quality they were spruiking.

Only just got the platty myself about 15mins ago. Don't mind the 100% story completion stuff, the co-op stuff is uuuuuuuggggghhhhhh but luckily I have a friend who likes to tag along with that sort of stuff sometimes so we both helped each other out, the enigmas for the outfit sure, social club missions, but I spent half the day grabbing chests and cockades. Stuff the collectables, either halve them or make it not a requirement (like you said in FC4), and swap them with the side missions and stuff like that. Can't believe didn't have to touch murder mysteries or the Paris stories things.

And agree on those stupid training missions. Didn't mind doing it but doing them in one hit and those loading screens ;_;

Have been playing this the last couple of days after finishing Rouge a couple weeks back. I understand what they're trying to do, but why not delay it and fix it's issues and just had Rogue release on it's own which is more fun anyway?

For the most part it's smooth running at max setting for me, and the graphics and details of the city are pretty good. I do find myself a little bored with no ships to kill and plunder though! lol But I'm only in sequence 2 atm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back