Teams Atlanta Falcons - The Dirty Birds

Remove this Banner Ad

FFS, I go onto a Falcons forum for the first time, and 1 of the thread I see is, need to get Asomugha, FFS, Robinson is a great shutdown cornerback and severly underrated, and Grimes can do some great damage on the otherside, just need a good average cornerback for nickle situations and we're covered, don't waste $$$$ on Asomugha

what we need to do is speak to the Giants, see if Tuck/Uminyiora/Pierre-Paul/Kiwanuka, if any of them are for sale

get the pass rush, and force the QB to try to make plays that arn't there, DL, and more importantly DE is where we need help right now, Abraham is good, but is getting old, wont be around much longer, Biermann is good some weeks but inneffective others, need someone better, and more consistent, BUT, I don't want to do that via the draft this year
we need to hold onto our 1st round pick to get Rudolph to replace Gonzalez

we need to find something to trade, for a DE, or see what defensive ends are available in free agency

Atlanta's needs this offseason

TE>>>DE>>>>>>>WR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CB>>>>>>C>>>>>>>>>K

need the replacement for Gonzalez
then need the replacement for Biermann/Abraham
then we need just 1 more weapon for Ryan
then we need a nickleback who can help stop these spread attacks
then we need a center with McClure 33 I think it is
and then a Kicker because Bryant is getting kidna old now

Roddy White: "You can always upgrade at our position, you know um, you know I mean, Green Bay's got what? four, five guys they put out there, all of 'em can make plays, and yeah, you know, we're gonna be the Green Bay south"

Can we become the Green Bay South?

The Packers had some things to say about the Falcons after the game...

Packers Accuse Falcons of Dirty Play and Disrespect

Prior to Sunday’s game in Atlanta, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said he thinks the Falcons are disrespectful. After Sunday’s game, some of Rodgers’ teammates said their 25-14 victory had done nothing to change their feelings toward the Falcons.

Packers defensive end Ryan Pickett said the Falcons were keyed up because they view beating the Packers as akin to winning the Super Bowl, and that the Falcons were playing dirty.

“This was their Super Bowl,” Pickett told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “They really hate us. They were hitting us late after the play. There was some dirty play out there. We just kept our poise.”

Pickett’s fellow defensive lineman B.J. Raji said he came away unimpressed with the Falcons, who beat the Packers last year during the regular season, but lost to the Packers in the playoffs.

“They have a long way to go,” Raji said when asked whether the Packers view the Falcons as rivals. “For it to be a rivalry, you have to win meaningful games. They’re just another opponent. They have a long way to go. I wouldn’t talk like this, but when people don’t respect you, I don’t take it lying down. Those people don’t respect us, so in turn I’m not going to give them any respect.”

Raji noted that the Packers have now played in Atlanta three times in the last 11 months, but that if the teams meet in the playoffs this season, it would most likely be in Green Bay.

“Now that we abused them, for the second time in a row, at their home, there’s nothing really to do,” Raji said. “If they want to play us again, tell them to come up to Lambeau. That’s it. That’s how we’re doing it.”

If the Falcons don’t turn things around soon, they won’t be doing anything in the playoffs, at Lambeau or anywhere else.

Lets hope we can get our season back on track this week at home against the panthers, should be a win for us, we've lost julio, but i hope Harry Douglas can step up into that #2 role. We hopefully get abraham back as well as weatherspoon and owens, and hopefully mcclure. all of this should just be too much for the panthers at the dome GO FALCS!

Great win today, Burner really stood up when we were missing our most explosive weapon (Julio). Hopefully this can get the ball rolling and lead to bigger things for the dirty birds!

Reasonably confident we can knock off the Lions this weekend in Detroit. Just feeling confident. We've returned to our run first offense but I reckon Matty will do a couple of special things.

If we can beat them it will be a huge win, show everyone we're back, nd we'll have our first full strength team in 3 weeks IF julio and owens come back which they should

If we can beat them it will be a huge win, show everyone we're back, nd we'll have our first full strength team in 3 weeks IF julio and owens come back which they should

They both haven't practiced at all this week, we'll see if they practice tomorrow, but at this stage it's looking unlikely either of them will play Sunday.

happy with the W, did the job! Also happy that the bucs lost :thumbsu:, helps the bears out :D

Colts to shock? colts GOT shocked!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saints losing in STL was a godsend! Falcons in full control of our destiny. Reckon we can finish first even if we split our series v Saints. Both games will be a beauty!

can't wait for monday! send a message to the league that we're for real when we take down the saints and regain what is rightfully ours.... NFC South Lead!

No matter what happens here on out, good times to be a Falcons fan...

Falcons cruising towards playoffs

When Smith and Dimitroff arrived in Atlanta, the franchise had never put together back-to-back winning seasons. They just clinched their fourth straight and sit at 9-5 on the season.

We still have questions whether the Falcons can win on the road in the playoffs, but the 2011 Falcons have come a long way since starting the season at 2-3.

With a home game against the Bucs to wrap up the season (after a big Monday night affair in New Orleans), we don’t have any doubt that the Falcons are playoff bound.

Kudos Mike Smith & crew. Back to back playoff seasons for the first time in franchise history!! Now to knock off the Aints & grab the division.

Talks continue for new open-air stadium for Falcons

Eleven months ago, the Georgia World Congress Center Authority and the Atlanta Falcons agreed to enter negotiations about a potential new open-air football stadium downtown.

They're still negotiating, both parties say.

A possible sign of movement came earlier this month, when Gov. Nathan Deal included money in his 2012 budget to purchase property next to the proposed stadium site.

The GWCC Authority, which oversees the state-owned complex that includes the Georgia Dome, voted last February to negotiate with the Falcons toward a possible memorandum of understanding on a $700 million stadium that would be built about a half-mile north of the Dome.

click to read more

Now that I have NFL Gamepass, I might contribute here alot more this year.

Thoughts on the Falcons 1st half in todays game.

• Dirk Koetter - The play book looks similar to that of Mularkey, but just as expected, it's a little more unpredictable.
  • Michael Turner - Past it, too slow, not enough moves, can get taken down too easily. Hopw there's someone new who can help.
  • Julio Jones - My god, 100+ yards in 4 drives*! *(3 if you ignore the 1 play drive of a pick thrown on a throw targeted to White)
  • Pat Hill - I didn't pay too much attention to our positioinal coaches, but this is an amazing get. Was probably the most knowledgable head coach in the WAC last year, just struggled as a motivator. A positional role like this would be great, and the improvement in the blocking is already noticeable.
  • Offensive line - Holding up nicely vs the Ravens so far.
  • Jacquizz Rodgers - Suprisingly good inside. If he isn't part of a running back committee by seasons end, I feel we'll choke come playoffs. We need him for his explosiveness.
  • Dominique Franks - Probably fighting for about spot 50 on the roster. But his special teams play is fairly good. Too bad Ewing got injured. Was looking forward to what he can do blocking.
  • Stephan Nicholas - Could be a very good contributer at ROLB. I never really rated him but he is disrupting the run.
  • Jonathan Babineaux/Peria Jerry - I always rated these guys as good run stuffers, but it seems they've added to their arsenal and can now get pressure on the QB! Commentators said Biermann's sack was curtosy of Flaco tripping over his LG's foot, but he was only there after the pass rush forced him there.
  • Cornerback depth - I think the skill level is there, but the speed is lacking. I wouldn't mind acquiring a cornerback under the level of Samuel/Robinson/Grimes and giving up one of them if they had the speed to keep up with some of these speed stars like Torrey Smith.
  • Matt Bosher - Very good punting.
  • Drew Davis - Was a rookie practise squad member last year and was getting a few 1st team snaps today, but seems a primary 2nd team player. Good so far, getting into some great positions. 2 incompletions though, 1 was a line ball call, probably correct by the officials, but if they ****ed up, a challange probably wouldn't have overturned it, 2nd should have been a catch. Almost saved Redman who threw a shocker. On that....
  • Chris Redman - Has been, why couldn't we have grabbed Kellen Moore ;)
  • John Parker Wilson - Very nice for a #3, very patient with a nice arm, might not need Kellen Moore afterall....
  • Michael Palmer - Will never be Tony Gonzalez, but could be nice in the future.

Week 2 game
  • Matt Ryan is looking great. I kinda regret selecting Schuab over him in cutthroat right now.
  • Turner is gone. Sick of him. Play Jacquezz Rodgers and play him now. I'd rather play a B- quality RB who can become a stud. Rather than a B+ who's stale (Snelling) or a C has been (Turner)
  • Julio Jones might threaten some receiving records if he has longevity and has got Ryan throwing to him for most of his career.
  • Gonzalez is a nice route runner. Will be good, but not amazing.
  • OL is good at all levels now. 2nd team OL was holding strong too. Thankyou Pat Hill!
  • DL is amazing. Most underrated DL in the game for sure.
  • Secondary has no depth, if injuries hit us there, we'll be as s**t as Boise State's secondary vs TCU last year (4 of our 5 best CBs out or something like that)
  • On Boise State, ex-coach Dirk Koetter has added a little more to the offence. Actually saw some HB screens. I think the commentators noticed a draw too. Just what Defences need, they need to worry about Julio and Roddy eating them up, now they have to worry about this too.
  • Kinda dissapointed in the replacement officials. I actually rage quit in the 4th at how infuriating they were.

So what do we make of the undefeated Dirty Birds? Loving the ride and especially today's demolition of the Iggles - and make no mistake it was a demolition job. Smith & Rysn continue to be unheralded in the media.

I still think there are 1 or 2 teams in the NFC better than the Falcons, the Giants and perhaps the Bears, so I'm not confident that they will make the Superbowl, but their performance against the Eagles was exceptional, especially the first half, and so for the first time this season I'm starting to believe that they can. The game against the Giants in week 15 will be huge, especially if they are still in the hunt for the top seed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back