Teams Atlanta Falcons - The Dirty Birds

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Hats off to the Atlanta Falcons & Official Re-Naming Request

How many characters can we have in the login name?

FYI : For any suggestions the new name must contain ">Footy" or "<Footy".

Im not sure the exact number, but there are many users out there with ridiculously long names....like that Lupton Warchild guy on this board.

They shouldn't get hats off. They played like total s**t, virtually putting themselves out of playoff contention. If only everyone didn't collapse around you I could sleep better :p

They fell into crisis, then won 5 of 6, to reach the divisionals.

A remarkable comeback, even if Giant scum have become to engrossed in their own rectal cavity to appreciate it.

They fell into crisis, then won 5 of 6, to reach the divisionals.

A remarkable comeback, even if Giant scum have become to engrossed in their own rectal cavity to appreciate it.
And you put yourself in that situation... 9 wins shouldn't be enough to get in in a normal year. It was a collapse of the teams around you that got you in. You have played well, but in normal circumstances, despite how well you played late at times, you wouldn't have gotten in.

Of course this doesn't make you any less dangerous.

And you put yourself in that situation... 9 wins shouldn't be enough to get in in a normal year. It was a collapse of the teams around you that got you in. You have played well, but in normal circumstances, despite how well you played late at times, you wouldn't have gotten in.

Of course this doesn't make you any less dangerous.

9 wins 1 draw.

Sure, we put ourselves in that position. We were abysmal at times, hence the turnaround.

All teams being crap is their own doing.

And that said, while it remains my fantasy comp winner Statsman's choice in my renaming for keeping me out of the playoffs once again (though I argue late season injuries put me in a 3 game skid) I would like to officially request MattyIce>Footy.

-Seacrest Out

Let's keep this thread on topic.

Vick<Bubba :eek:

I like yours gg.

Along those lines can we have (!)Vick<Footy>Vick (O)? Representing pre and post Bubba Vick?

Falcons Looking at Trading the Rights for Vick

Falcons Looking at Trading the Rights for Mike Vick.

Heard this on ESPN News.

Anyone think there'll be many takers on this?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Falcons Looking at Trading the Rights for Vick

All rumors are for San Fran or Oakland. I wouldn't hate having in as a situational player for some wildcat formations with McFadden. Then again he is a scum bag. But it's not like he's going to come in a demand more money and be a cancer around the locker room. He knows he'll be lucky if a team some much as thinks about him let alone bring him in for a work out and sign/trade for him.

Did you pick three teams at random?

There's a few things that need to be considered when looking at Vick.

1) he isn't a very good QB
2) he isn't a very good QB
3) he is a social pariah
4) he isn't a very good QB
5) his existing contract
6) he isn't a very good QB
7) his re-instatement isn't guaranteed any time soon
8) he isn't a very good QB

And that's just the start of it.

If he comes back he'll come back as a backup. No team is going to attempt to build a future around him. That might change when he's back, but that's a long way from where he is atm.

3) he is a social pariah
5) his existing contract

If he comes back he'll come back as a backup. No team is going to attempt to build a future around him. That might change when he's back, but that's a long way from where he is atm.

NO. PTI think he'll be good in a wildcat at Oakland.
Minnesota want any QB that is way past his time.
And I honestly think Vick would be good at Detroit.

3) he is a social pariah
5) his existing contract

Why isn't Vick a good QB? Didn't he take the falcons to the NFC championship game one season.

I'm not saying he is in the elite as his passing game is too inconsistent but I'll rank him better than half the QB's as his running game is a 'once in a generation player'. Not many QBs can rush for over 1000 yards in the year.

Its where I get all of my NHL, NBA and MLB action.
Add NFL and everything will be explained :) Two people who focus on 8 different sports won't offer much info on any...

Why isn't Vick a good QB? Didn't he take the falcons to the NFC championship game one season.

Because he can't throw the ball with any consistency.

Now matter how much we think the game will change, the QB position will always be primarily about passing. A running QB will never work long-term.

A guy like Randall Cunningham never won a Superbowl, and he COULD throw the ball.

A guy like Randall Cunningham never won a Superbowl, and he COULD throw the ball.

Its a travesty that one of those Eagles teams never did. :(

That defense was a monster. Reggie White still an eagle... ahh man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back