Aussies Abroad Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Cameron Burgess, an 18 year old, 6 foot 5 centre half/ defensive midfielder who has played 4 full games for Fulham this season has pledged his allegiance to play for Australia. Probably faily lucky as he only came over here at 11 and then left again to play for Fulham at 15/16

http://m.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/f...050386264?nk=b4301222383fa49a2bb11049a64c51f8
Excellente!

attachment.php

Curtis Good is probably now the 4th choice CB at Newcastle for this season and with both Colocinni and Steven Taylor being vulnerable to picking up injuries, could find himself on the bench or even getting a few minutes under his belt with some luck. Still recovering from his injury but I don't think the club will look to loan him out given how thin we are down back.

Leckie scored in a 4-1 win this morning to send Ingolstadt to the top of the table in Buli 2. I didn't catch the game but apparently he was very close to getting a second (hit the woodwork) and pretty much every involvement of his was positive. Really hoping Ingolstadt can get promoted. Early days but the signs are good and the owners supposedly have some ambition.

Chris Herd and Jason Davidson both played full games for their respective sides this morning in the League Cup.

Also Rogic to miss the Asian Cup:

Last edited:
Curtis Good is probably now the 4th choice CB at Newcastle for this season and with both Colocinni and Steven Taylor being vulnerable to picking up injuries, could find himself on the bench or even getting a few minutes under his belt with some luck. Still recovering from his injury but I don't think the club will look to loan him out given how thin we are down back.

You would hope then if/when matey boy gets the sack as manager at Newcastle the replacement might come in with a broom and he gets more of a go.

You would hope then if/when matey boy gets the sack as manager at Newcastle the replacement might come in with a broom and he gets more of a go.

We can only hope! Would love to see Good and Lascelles as our new CBs - Colocinni and Williamson are horrible. Should be lining up for Central Coast Mariners (just getting ready for the derby) :D

was watching some socceroos highlights on youtube and noticed Kilkenny was playing in the 6-0 thrashing of Uzbekistan in Qatar 2011. I remember him being touted as the next big thing for Australia and how it was he chose us over the potato eaters. He's now plying his trade in League 1 at PNE and would imagine A League clubs would be targeting him to play down under.

Jedinak rated Europe's best midfield player

Socceroos skipper Mile Jedinak has been ranked the fifth best footballer in Europe, according to fantasy game developer Oulala, which bases its detailed scoring matrix on official Opta performance statistics.

The Australia and Crystal Palace leader sits behind some of the biggest names in the game, but stands alone as the shining star of England's Premier League.

Those in front of Jedinak across the continent include only Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo, Barcelona’s Lionel Messi, Lyon’s Alexandre Lacazette and Vitorino Hilton of Montpellier.

In terms of midfield players in Europe, nobody touches the former Central Coast Mariners man. Lucas Moura of Paris Saint-Germain is the closest, sitting 40 points behind Jedinak. Not even Bayern Munich super-signing Xabi Alonso rated a mention in the reports, catapulting the Australian into the football stratosphere.

In the Premier League, Jedinak leads the pack with his 397 points. Eden Hazard (320), Diego Costa (315), Leighton Baines (312) and Angel Di Maria (282) all trail the 30 year old.

Last weekend, Oulala reported Jedinak he was picked by 52 per cent of its fantasy team managers, making the Australian more popular than both Ronaldo and Messi, generally believed to be the world’s two best players.

Jedinak's stats, drawn from real Opta data, are certainly impressive this season for Palace. So far he has three goals, one assist, 24 clearances, 34 tackles and 32 interceptions.

He scored his third goal of the season for Palace at the weekend, burying a spot kick in the Eagles' 2-2 draw with West Bromwich Albion.

Last season, Jedinak finished up sixth in the Oulala rankings, and third in the Premier League behind Liverpool pair Luis Suarez and Steven Gerrard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting rankings system but there's no doubt he has been in good nick this year.

Always a risk to go to Premier League Club. Even a s**t one in the midlands. Look at Holman. They should aim for the skies but some should be happier with their level in somewhere like Holland.

Last edited:
Anyone know whats going on with Kerem Bulut and Eli Babalj?

This is a genuinely good question. Google seems convinced that he's still at Akhisar Belediyespor but the official club website has no mention of him at all. I can't find any news of him online after 2013 (apart from some guy saying he should be our starting Asian Cup striker lol.)

In any case, I think it's fair to assume he's finished as a professional footballer.

371778-kerem-bulut.jpg

Id say he is a fair chance to be playing in the local penitentiary competition, wasted talent.

This is a genuinely good question. Google seems convinced that he's still at Akhisar Belediyespor but the official club website has no mention of him at all. I can't find any news of him online after 2013 (apart from some guy saying he should be our starting Asian Cup striker lol.)

In any case, I think it's fair to assume he's finished as a professional footballer.

371778-kerem-bulut.jpg

But at least he's still good on Football Manger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back