Workshop Australian Flag

Remove this Banner Ad

West-Coast-Away-2000.gif

We all do

vomit.gif

2) That is highly offensive to New South Wales and Queensland residents. How dare you place an AFL ball on the national flag!!!
What can I say? I'm Victorian.

Just jealous because Peter Siddle is Victorian. ;)

So? We have; Clarke, Cowan, Hughes, Warner, Haddin, Christian, Forrest, Henriques, Smith, Starc, Hastings, Cummins, Harris, Bird, Bollinger and Lyon. Not all may play for NSW, but they all are New South Welshmen.

Anyway Siddle and all the above mentioned play for the most important team, Australia, and that is what matters.

2) That is highly offensive to New South Wales and Queensland residents. How dare you place an AFL ball on the national flag!!!
An Australian football*.

So? We have; Clarke, Cowan, Hughes, Warner, Haddin, Christian, Forrest, Henriques, Smith, Starc, Hastings, Cummins, Harris, Bird, Bollinger and Lyon. Not all may play for NSW, but they all are New South Welshmen.

Anyway Siddle and all the above mentioned play for the most important team, Australia, and that is what matters.
True. lol you have Steve Smith :D

Only for those in the less important states!!!
Don't worry, I'll go and grab my NRL ball, you can grab your S15 ball, and we'll meet at the NBA courts.

NM Design will be bringing the EPL ball.

I will enter this debate with a flag which I have saw a few years ago in one of those design a flag contests.

The Southern Cross is kept, and so is the Federation Star. The white and red lines below leave a little reference to the British establishing this country 225 years ago, but it also represents the desert which makes up most of this country with the red and the white the setting sun as day turns to night at dusk and the stars come into view.

The Southern Cross shows where we are in the world, where the Southern Cross can be seen in the sky at night, and the Federation Star represents the six states, one point per state, and territories, one point for territories. It can also represent the coming together of the many different cultures that make up Australia today.

I will enter this debate with a flag which I have saw a few years ago in one of those design a flag contests.

The Southern Cross is kept, and so is the Federation Star. The white and red lines below leave a little reference to the British establishing this country 225 years ago, but it also represents the desert which makes up most of this country with the red and the white the setting sun as day turns to night at dusk and the stars come into view.

The Southern Cross shows where we are in the world, where the Southern Cross can be seen in the sky at night, and the Federation Star represents the six states, one point per state, and territories, one point for territories. It can also represent the coming together of the many different cultures that make up Australia today.
I like it. But to me it sort of reminds me of a political campaign poster. Maybe make the red and white lines higher (like the Bulldogs hoops before the current ones)

86-a.gif
93-1-a.gif

I like both of these variations. Consistent with historical colouring, but repurposed into a representation of Australia's geography. I could even live with making the stars or the middle stripe yellow if you wanted to evolve things a bit more.

I think we already have a wonderful option for a sporting flag in the Boxing Kangaroo. Just have to ease it out of the hands of the AOC...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

86-a.gif
93-1-a.gif

I like both of these variations. Consistent with historical colouring, but repurposed into a representation of Australia's geography. I could even live with making the stars or the middle stripe yellow if you wanted to evolve things a bit more.

I think we already have a wonderful option for a sporting flag in the Boxing Kangaroo. Just have to ease it out of the hands of the AOC...
What do you mean?

86-a.gif
93-1-a.gif

That is why I posted this design

95-1.gif

The explanation of it is the southern cross above the red land surrounded by white beaches and blue ocean.

Must admit I did lol.

The Boxing Kangaroo would be a terrible Australian flag.

As a formal national flag, totally agree. But as a shared/endorsed/call-it-what-you-will symbol of national sporting prowess, I think it works very well.

That is why I posted this design

95-1.gif

The explanation of it is the southern cross above the red land surrounded by white beaches and blue ocean.

But that's ochre. I'm sure you can appreciate what I would have against that ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back