Australian Idol is the biggest load of rubbish

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Joel
I'm sorry, but I have turned 180 degree on this. Guy was sensational last night. Unbelievable that bloke.

Good to see you have left your evils ways and joined the rest of us. Go the fro!

What a crock. Get all three people to stand up for the final announcement - achieves nothing, but wastes some time. Go to an ad break. Come back and announce Guy is staying. Go to ANOTHER ad break. Come back and Cosima withdraws before she is kicked out.

:rolleyes:

At least Guy will win!!

Although I don't really care as I'm barely listening from two rooms away and simply getting updates) :)

Originally posted by NMWBloods
What a crock. Get all three people to stand up for the final announcement - achieves nothing, but wastes some time. Go to an ad break. Come back and announce Guy is staying. Go to ANOTHER ad break. Come back and Cosima withdraws before she is kicked out.

:rolleyes:

At least Guy will win!!

Although I don't really care as I'm barely listening from two rooms away and simply getting updates) :)

Cosima withdrew??? What??

Originally posted by NMWBloods
Ah, sorry - hope I didn't spoil it for you!! She decided to pull out because her voice was falling apart.

Nope you didn't spoil it...I missed it!

But Yay!!

Now c'mon Guy!! :)

Absolute Crock.

Acts like it is some life threatening disease, but says with two weeks rest she will be fine.

Then just push through it!!

Either she is a typical hypochondriac chick, or this is simply a career move.

I think the latter.
She knew she wouldn't win, and this was a way to gain a bit more publicity/sympathy.

Wants to be Delta in more ways than one.

In some ways the cynic in me almost agrees with Kelman, but having tried to sing without a voice in the past (and we're talking for real here, not just in the shower), it's a no-go zone - once it's gone, it's gotta be rested or you risk ruining it for good. Anyone who saw last night's performances had a fair idea she was going to struggle had she made it through to the final or beyond, so she's done the right thing imo.

Originally posted by kelman
Absolute Crock.

Acts like it is some life threatening disease, but says with two weeks rest she will be fine.

I just read on the HUN website that the final is on Nov 19.That's 2 weeks away.Should she be right by then ?

Seems very sus this "withdrawing" business.

I wonder if Today Tonight will get stuck into Aussie Idol due to them accepting votes,which means money for them,yet knowing she was going to drop out.

Originally posted by JUBJUB

I wonder if Today Tonight will get stuck into Aussie Idol due to them accepting votes,which means money for them,yet knowing she was going to drop out.

Tell me about it, I want my 6 votes back! Guy got through n e way....geezzuz

Probably. They had story tonight about where the former winners of Popstars are - and how Idol might not bring them fame and fortune further down the track.

Mind you, it's either a story on Idol or running a consumer test on which toilet paper comes out best in their exclusive scientifc experiments - and the results will surprise you!

I just read on the HUN website that the final is on Nov 19.That's 2 weeks away.Should she be right by then ?

Seems very sus this "withdrawing" business.

At the risk of defending the integrity of the show (and whatever ridicule I'll be on the end of after that), the winner does go straight into the recording studio to have the album out by christmas.

The two winners perform 3 songs on Sunday nights show, so they'll obviously have to practice all week, before the big finale at the opera house on wednesday 19th. From there it is straight into the recording studio.

I don't know what the repercussions of not resting her voice would have been. Could she have soldiered on without the risk of causing more damage or did she have no choice?

The fact remains she might not have progressed anyway but I suppose like Belinda on Big Brother, she'll always have the apparent honour of not being voted out of the show. :rolleyes: ;)

Guy is clearly the best singer and dare I say it the show might actually come out with a bit of credibility with the winner actually being a very talented artist.

I can understand Cosima stepping out of the competition because of her condition. Ask any singer who has suffered having throat nodules and they'll tell you how bad it can be.

The thing that annoyed me was the way it was done. Apart from the fact that we never found out whether or not Cosima would have made it through over Shannon, I feel sorry for Shannon.

Shannon would probably feel a bit **** about now. I know if it was me, I'd want to know what the result would have been and would want to know if I made to the final by default or not. What they should have done was announced it and then if Cosima had of won, then she could have come out and said her piece about having to give it up. And if Shannon beat her, then she wouldn't have had to bother and then we could have read about it in about 5 years time when the Who Weekly does their famous "Where are they now' article!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think she must have come second and Shannon was the one who was going to be eliminated or else why go through all the drama of her dropping out if she was going to be eliminated anyway?

Maybe she got bought off because the votes were against Guy and BMG don't want to get stuck releasing an album by Shannon.

Originally posted by Magpira

Shannon would probably feel a bit **** about now. I know if it was me, I'd want to know what the result would have been and would want to know if I made to the final by default or not. What they should have done was announced it and then if Cosima had of won, then she could have come out and said her piece about having to give it up. And if Shannon beat her, then she wouldn't have had to bother and then we could have read about it in about 5 years time when the Who Weekly does their famous "Where are they now' article!

Saw on a news program that the Noll family are seeking legal advice. That was a pretty crumby thing to do to Shannon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back