Joker vs Joker vs Joker - Which Joker is the best?

Which Joker is your....Number 1

• 1989 Batman movie played by Jack Nicholson

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • 2008 Dark Knight played by Heath Ledger

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 2019 Joker played by Joaquin Phoenix

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

PowerfulPies2023

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2023
AFL Club
Collingwood
1989 Batman movie played by Jack Nicholson
2008 Dark Knight played by Heath Ledger
2019 Joker played by Joaquin Phoenix

I got to go with Heath. He was just on another level. He actually over did it in that movie personally as many would be aware in that he couldn't switch off. He got right into it. He delivered a masterpiece roll though at least he exited the world leaving his mark on it. That was him. He's still left a great impression. Brilliant actor.

Joaquin Phoenix - If ever you need a laugh think of that guy or watch some of the 2019 Joker. That bus scene and when Bruce Wayne dad belts him in the bath room are absolute pissers.

By far and away this one

203999.png

This is a thread made for glenferry23

Thanks for thinking of me. As much as I can discuss Batman and DC for hours at length, I honestly don’t as much enjoy participating in ranking style discussions like this one. For me it’s the same as “how long is a piece of string”.

There’s no one definitive Batman for me. Same with Joker. I can’t say which is the best because that’s extremely subjective.

Given their characters originated approx 80 years ago, there’s lots of varying depictions and interpretations. The characters have evolved so much over that period of time, reflective of the different eras that they’re being written in.

As an alternative viewpoint, I prefer the angle of the interpretation of the character. The aesthetics. Fitting into the style and setting of what is being depicted.

For example, Nicholson was perfectly camp for Burton’s vision. Place that character into Reeves’ The Batman, and clearly it doesn’t fit stylistically. See what I am getting at here? There’s so much more to it for me.

Ledger’s performance was a masterpiece and I completely understand why he is often lauded as the best. No issue with that. Suited Nolan’s trilogy beautifully and can only ponder what if he was able to return to round out that trilogy.

What Mark Hamill achieved in the animation setting was also masterful in his own way. The laugh was great. I particularly appreciate watching the behind the scenes footage of him embodying the character whilst recording dialogue. Quite brilliant really, we only here his voice in the end product however I often enjoy watching videos of him recording dialogue for the Arkham video games or singing I Go Looney (from The Killing Joke). He’s next level, outstanding.

Lastly, just back on The Batman, keep an eye out for this gentleman, Barry Keoghan. From what I understand he’ll have his time in likely the third film. However speaking of fitting the setting and the noir tone of the film, this version sure as hell is unique in his own way. Whether those deformities are vat of acid related or not, unsure for now. However this mother *er is crazy, this version has me giggling in anticipation.

Thanks for thinking of me. As much as I can discuss Batman and DC for hours at length, I honestly don’t as much enjoy participating in ranking style discussions like this one. For me it’s the same as “how long is a piece of string”.

There’s no one definitive Batman for me. Same with Joker. I can’t say which is the best because that’s extremely subjective.

Given their characters originated approx 80 years ago, there’s lots of varying depictions and interpretations. The characters have evolved so much over that period of time, reflective of the different eras that they’re being written in.

As an alternative viewpoint, I prefer the angle of the interpretation of the character. The aesthetics. Fitting into the style and setting of what is being depicted.

For example, Nicholson was perfectly camp for Burton’s vision. Place that character into Reeves’ The Batman, and clearly it doesn’t fit stylistically. See what I am getting at here? There’s so much more to it for me.

Ledger’s performance was a masterpiece and I completely understand why he is often lauded as the best. No issue with that. Suited Nolan’s trilogy beautifully and can only ponder what if he was able to return to round out that trilogy.

What Mark Hamill achieved in the animation setting was also masterful in his own way. The laugh was great. I particularly appreciate watching the behind the scenes footage of him embodying the character whilst recording dialogue. Quite brilliant really, we only here his voice in the end product however I often enjoy watching videos of him recording dialogue for the Arkham video games or singing I Go Looney (from The Killing Joke). He’s next level, outstanding.

Lastly, just back on The Batman, keep an eye out for this gentleman, Barry Keoghan. From what I understand he’ll have his time in likely the third film. However speaking of fitting the setting and the noir tone of the film, this version sure as hell is unique in his own way. Whether those deformities are vat of acid related or not, unsure for now. However this mother *er is crazy, this version has me giggling in anticipation.

Probably showing my lack of knowledge here but was that the original plan for the third movie in the trilogy? Would Bane have been in it at all?

Probably showing my lack of knowledge here but was that the original plan for the third movie in the trilogy? Would Bane have been in it at all?

That was largely in Nolan’s thinking yes, he doesn’t seem to talk about it much given the sensitivity surrounding it.

It was rumoured that an outline existed between him and Goyer that the Joker’s trial would feature in the third film. Doesn’t necessarily mean that Bane wouldn’t be a part of it, would’ve been great to see them interact in some capacity. However who knows for sure really.

Back