FTA-TV Australian Survivor - Heroes vs Villains (Jan 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was really surprised no one said that, aIso was PO no one asked him what moves he could lay sole claim to, then when he starts mentioning Georges moves tell him ..nah mate that wasn't yours.
George putting that to only mat and Liz really annoyed me, someone like Simon should've been all over that after George asked it and asked the same of Gerry.
I think pretty much everyone had just accepted that it was a fight between Liz and Matt, even Gerry to a degree so no one bothered to ask him anything of note.

And this is why you have to make moves earlier than the last possible moment. Yes, it's riskier, but then you actually have agency that you can talk about.
This 100%, getting rid of George late was the easy way, doing it 4/5 tribals ago would have been a much bolder move.

Nowhere near enough love for Liz whispering "I finally got you" to George... stuck the knife in, but in a way that he'd respect. The sexy blonde Russian assassin felt very James Bond.

Up there with "I think God doesn't like Paige" as quote of the season.

To say that Liz didn't do anything to get out George before the end is selling her short. Remember there was zero chance of working with Matt and Gerry and she only had Nina to get one of them out. George ultimately did her dirty so she had zero options.
That is true, but it wasn't really her play that got George out in the end like she was claiming either. It's not like she pulled Matt and Gerry to one side and got them to change their vote to George.

Matt was always going to vote George off, and I'm not sure what was going through Gerry's head. Was he genuine when he said for everybody to vote for him and changed his mind at the last minute; or was it always a silly ruse to make George think he's safe? Regardless it was him flipping that had the biggest influence on getting rid of George.

Last edited:
This 100%, getting rid of George late was the easy way, doing it 4/5 tribals ago would have been a much bolder move.

If you make the move 4/5 tribals ago then Simon would have got all the credit for it from the jury.

It wasn't an entertaining end to the season but they all played the best they could with the hands they were dealt.

From Matt's POV he would have been hoping for a F2 instead of a F3.

If he got to vote Liz out instead of a Jury member, he then wins the final challenge and takes Gerry to the F2 and is $500k richer.

That is true, but it wasn't really her play that got George out in the end like she was claiming either. It's not like she pulled Matt and Gerry to one side and got them to change their vote to George.

Matt was always going to vote George off, and I'm not sure what was going through Gerry's head. Was he genuine when he said for everybody to vote for him and changed his mind at the last minute; or was it always a silly ruse to make George think he's safe? Regardless it was him flipping that had the biggest influence on getting rid of George.
I made the point too that Liz winning immunity was actually why its her move.

If she doesnt then best case Matt votes with her but Gerry votes with George and her and George are going to fire.

Worst case Gerry and George convince Matt to vote Liz and shes gone.

Its her move because she forced them all to have to turn on one another and removed herself as an option.

Her and Matt can claim credit if theyre smart but Liz did it first and did it way more convincingly.

He was, im not saying he wasnt but i think he was doing it because he didnt want to show Gerry out to be a complete idiot in front of a jury that werent voting for him anyway. It was a white lie to save the feelings of a foolish old man.
And yet he had no problem trying as hard as he could to make Matt look stupid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And yet he had no problem trying as hard as he could to make Matt look stupid.
Personally think he went pretty light on Matt too but it still plays.

Gerry wasn’t in the conversation for anyone last night so George (being his friend and caring for him) just let him slide away with no cross examination. Whatever Gerry said didn’t matter so let him have his dignity.

Matt was in the conversation so George wanted to hear from him and when Matt couldn’t give a decent answer George made it known.

It seems pretty simple to me, one needed to present and pitch and get examined, the other didn’t.

I definitely think Gerry played a decent game. Sure George was the main man in that duo but he did better than a lot of others out there. If he wasnt just a grumpy old bastard he would have got a bit more credit I reckon

I definitely think Gerry played a decent game. Sure George was the main man in that duo but he did better than a lot of others out there. If he wasnt just a grumpy old bastard he would have got a bit more credit I reckon
I don’t think he was ever getting a vote, rightly or wrongly he was absolutely viewed as a pawn for George. He did have an absolute mare for the last few days and final tribal, any chance he had (which was slim at best) for a vote he blew up himself.

Last edited:
Personally think he went pretty light on Matt too but it still plays.

Gerry wasn’t in the conversation for anyone last night so George (being his friend and caring for him) just let him slide away with no cross examination. Whatever Gerry said didn’t matter so let him have his dignity.

Matt was in the conversation so George wanted to hear from him and when Matt couldn’t give a decent answer George made it known.

It seems pretty simple to me, one needed to present and pitch and get examined, the other didn’t.

liz was “in the conversation” and after getting to speak first and claim the “move” after getting a huge advantage on the final challenge george went easy on her.

matt and liz both had the same game plans. wait until the final challenge and try and beat each other. liz got the rub of the green and based on her tribal performance deserved to beat matt, but it was obvious george (who i normally like) was actively pulling for Liz.

Even to the end George was ever the narcissist. "I taught you to be ruthless ". I'm pretty sure a two-time Olympian knows how to be ruthless.

liz was “in the conversation” and after getting to speak first and claim the “move” after getting a huge advantage on the final challenge george went easy on her.

matt and liz both had the same game plans. wait until the final challenge and try and beat each other. liz got the rub of the green and based on her tribal performance deserved to beat matt, but it was obvious george (who i normally like) was actively pulling for Liz.
1- of course Liz was in the conversation, the comment I was responding to was about why Gerry wasn’t criticized by George when Matt was. It had nothing to do with Liz.
2- yeh Matt and Liz did have the same game plans but they had very different games. Personally I valued Liz’ game as a bit better than Matts but individual mileage may vary and I thought that going into final tribal Liz would probably win 5-2
3- I’m not sure what huge advantage Liz had in the final challenge? Unless I’m misunderstanding you?
4- I’m not so sure about that. I suspect George had a lean toward Liz because she had just done more than Matt but that would have been solidified by her pitch being better and her answering questions better than Matt. I don’t agree with the theory that George went hard on Matt for any reason other than Matts answers were poor (and as already stated he didn’t do that with Gerry because Gerry wasn’t in the race).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back