Australian Idol is the biggest load of rubbish

Remove this Banner Ad

bogan_blue

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2003
Not in England, home of the primative rock apes
Other Teams
Carlton
Sorry to be crude folks, but this show, and all the attention it's getting in the media is painful. No one who appears on the show has any clear talent, that much is certain. It's all part of Channel Ten's crap fest on reality TV.
My neighbour's dog's arse makes better noise then some of the jerks who appear on that show.

watched it last night coz i kno millsy
what a goose that john farnam wanna be judge is
as for the teary eyed girl who was on early last night how the F did she make it she looked at the ground like she was gonna cry the whole time
there was one girl with a really great voice but

I like this show, i think millys will win it, well im hopeing he does anyway:D hes a spunk, and has a great voice. I like shannon as well, good voice, and good looks, lol, he looks like blair from neighbours. Out of the girls i like kelly( the rock chick), and bek.

I can stand about 5 minutes of it before I have to switch it off, tried a few times but most of the people on it are just so bad I HAVE to escape. :p

Re: Re: Australian Idol is the biggest load of rubbish

Originally posted by M29
Nobody on any tv show in australia has talent.

Agreed.

We are an embarrassment to ourselves when it comes to quality Aussie Tv.

Originally posted by bogan_blue
No one who appears on the show has any clear talent, that much is certain.

I actually think quite a few of them are talented. Not all, but a few. It seems it's a fashion for everyone to say that none of these people have talent, but it actually isn't true in this case.

Cosima has no talent if you ask me. The "rock chick" is just so so. The Matt guy who was kicked off last night was crap. The other guy (pig farmer) actually had a good voice. Lauren, Cle and Rebekah are just ordinary if you ask me. The rest do have talent. Levi has the most talent IMO, Millsy's a better all round guy.

I saw that trans sing an AC/DC song a week or so ago and i was bleeding through my ears by the end of it. I figured he/she was going to cop the mother of all canings from the panel but to my complete disbelief they ate up the act with a spoon.

Dicko Thought she/he was good!!

I'm glad she didn't make the top 12 as she was CRAP.

They keep on stretching it though. Everytime people get eliminated there is always some crappy thing that keeps them there. Like last night.

It will go on forever. A couple of them do have some talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Re: Australian Idol is the biggest load of rubbish

Originally posted by M29
Nobody on any tv show in australia has talent.
If you count SBS news as a tv show then Mary Kostakidis is all class.

I don't watch it, but I have to put up with other people who do (and are hard of hearing to boot, so the volume is always turned way up).

They're all pretty average. Few of them can get through a song without being pitchy at some point, and even the ones that do don't seem to really offer anything interesting or dynamic. Which is exactly what the judges want - they want somebody who will be a slave to their formulaic computer-generated teen pop and won't ask questions.

If I was in the competition, I'd almost rather not win. I know in the US version some of the runners-up ended up with record deals anyway, made independent of the TV show.

In five years, none of these people will be heard from again.

Of course it's a load of rubbish. It's a bunch of wannabes singing pop music in the hope of gaining some credibility as a musician. If they wanted credibility they'd sing some real music.

Incidentally, SBS had a show about the Australian Chamber Orchestra on Sunday at the same time Australian Idol was on. I wonder how many people cared about that.

We have had our first Idol breakdown!

The 17 year old contestant, Lauren was eliminated on Sunday and broke down when the hosts tried to get her to sing her (losing) song one last time.

Originally posted by GoEagles
We have had our first Idol breakdown!

The 17 year old contestant, Lauren was eliminated on Sunday and broke down when the hosts tried to get her to sing her (losing) song one last time.

Thats the one i was talking about earlier. How can she even enter such a contest if she has no confidence in front of an audience.

I don't watch the show, but I know Cle, and apparently they are going to drag the show out till Xmas.

Originally posted by Spidergirl~RiCkChiCk
Thats the one i was talking about earlier. How can she even enter such a contest if she has no confidence in front of an audience.

When Lauren went for the auditions, with 1000's of others, she probably didn't think it would take her this far. The judges seemed to like her voice and seemed to think that there is potential in her. Let's not forget that she is very young and she's obviously quite shy.

I guess this is a good thing for her, although she won't be thinking that right at this moment, but confidence is something she'll have to work on if she wants to go any further, but at least she got a start.

She's not ready yet. Dunno if she ever will be but at least she took a step towards what she wants to do in life and got first hand experience, like most people who get into these type of situations, it will only benefit her for whatever she does musically from now on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back