Review Autopsy vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree completely. We didn't miss Higgins at all in this game.
Darley provided better ball use coming out of the backline and JJ gave better run from HB/wing. Easily covered for the loss of Higgins.
I'm not trying to suggest either of Darley or Johannisen should make way, but the Gold Coast claimed a lot of easy uncontested marks all over the ground for the first three quarters, and that wouldn't have been anywhere near as big of a problem if we had Higgins in the side.
Regardless of ball use he (Higgins) still has to win his own one on ones most of the time and improve his defensive positioning. For a player of his ability and experience this should be happening more than it does currently. I'd be happy to give Darley an extended run if they think he's accountable defensively.
Not saying he deserves to be in the team, I'm saying we need what he delivers; quality, smart ball-use across the ground.

I didn't watch the VFL, and if he played poorly, then he should stay there. However, ball-use was a big problem tonight, and needs to be addressed one way or another.

I hate to be the Boyd basher again but he made 3 absolute howlers that cost us goals tonight. He wasn't Robinson Crusoe turning the ball over, but god I cringed, particularly the hand pass in the goal square and the handball to a player standing still.

Aside from that, that was our best win for the year. An all round team effort especially sweeter beating that fake franchise with all it's top picks and all the outs we've got. No griffen or cooney two of our smoothest movers.

The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades

We will have some great battles with them going forward

Now let's take down essendon next week
Also set up some important goals in the last.

I could never be accused of being a Boyd fan, but I thought he was important today, and last week. He can't kick to save himself but he is strong and determined and helps give the kids confidence. Kudos to Matty Boyd foe his last month of footy I say.

He was definitely important and he played generally well. It's just those howlers he does that have the potential too, and often do hurt us. We got away with it tonight

I could never be accused of being a Boyd fan, but I thought he was important today, and last week. He can't kick to save himself but he is strong and determined and helps give the kids confidence. Kudos to Matty Boyd foe his last month of footy I say.

I think the thing with Boyd is that we all know he is superb at winning the ball, in our hey-day a few years ago he had a ton of brilliant ball users to dish it out to, now he doesn't and it's become more obvious. I still think he is important to our team but I don't know if he should go round again with the likes of Wallis, Smith Libba etc etc etc

Fox Footy spent the whole review commenting how a young team tires. How last week was a big week etc etc etc. No mention of the young team that had a 5 1/2 day break after playing in the mud last week missing their captain and their brownlow medallist that just whooped them. That would be the youngest team we had in all season. What do we need to do to gain the respect of the media?

Boyd's long range handballs have set up a lot of play this year. He has great vision, and he's still definitely an asset to the team. I thought he was very good again tonight.

I'm not trying to suggest either of Darley or Johannisen should make way, but the Gold Coast claimed a lot of easy uncontested marks all over the ground for the first three quarters, and that wouldn't have been anywhere near as big of a problem if we had Higgins in the side.

I know you're not saying they should make way, what I'm saying is that anything Higgo would have provided tonight was covered by our two in's. Sounds like you disagree which is fine.

Yeah. This is seriously what I put these yo-yo'ing sack the coach fools down to: They have not the faintest clue how AFL football actually works.
Coaching is very different to playing and not even close to being a supporter. I have coached at various levels for 9 years and have a long way to go in learning. Having been coached by coaches in the AFL as part of my education and how they coach and what they know is at a level most players do not get.
I just get a good laugh on bigfooty now with a lot of coaching comments

Happiness is upon me. It's more beer o'çlock.
Hey next waitng how do i write your name to mention you? (no idea how to do it) Just wanted to give you a shout out, i'm on the antibiotics so didn't hit the gas but god i would love a few frothies to celebrate that win, was amazing. Hope you are enjoying it wherever you are ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Selection headaches....what a breath of fresh air

Gia doesn't get back in for mine until the GWS game
Higgins wasn't missed
Honey was absolutely fantastic in his cameo quarter
Didn't really notice Austin so he can't have been too bad
Absolutely Darley and JJ stay

I don't know who to drop....Stevens for smith? And Stevens wasn't even bad
I can't even see cooney getting back in at the moment either

Macca must be doing something right

Probably went a bit early on Boyd at half time, I was frustrated :oops:

Definitely still adds a lot but no doubt his errors can really hurt. I just feel with Libba being Libba, Wallis really stepping up in recent weeks and Smith demanding a place we don't have room for him next year.

Given the massive damage that Gold Coast and GWS have done to our rebuild, tonight was a very sweet victory.

I want to mention Luke Dahlhaus - his willingness to throw himself at contests in the air and on the ground - well, I just bloody love the kid. Notice how the opposition s**t themselves when he goes near the ball. Given his physical limitations, he shouldn't be a good AFL player, but this kid will no doubt become a great AFL player. The spirit of my hero Charlie Sutton lives on in this one. Luke Dahlhaus you gun!

Not saying he deserves to be in the team, I'm saying we need what he delivers; quality, smart ball-use across the ground.

I didn't watch the VFL, and if he played poorly, then he should stay there. However, ball-use was a big problem tonight, and needs to be addressed one way or another.
Hrovat, who I rate as a very good ball user, had a bit off day but still had an impact. And Boyd, who I don't rate particularly highly in the ball use dept, had some really good moments (and a couple of regulation howlers). It wasn't perfect but close to if not our best game this year, and they ultimately found a way to win convincingly in the end. Amongst the ordinary passages there were some brilliant ones and I thought we did things at pace today. Sedated by alcohol and euphoric in victory, I'm letting it slide and resting easy tonight (but the coaches won't which is the best part).

Honey probably stiff to go out for Griffen next week, other than that I'd keep the team the same. Smith, Higgins and Roberts as emergencies

The Collingwood game was our best win for the year but this is the most pleasing for me. The game was won by our younger players and today was a look in the future and dam its exciting

Loved Stringers game, looked so dangerous whenever near the ball

Still think JJ has a good future at AFL level, just hope it's at our club.

Hey next waitng how do i write your name to mention you? (no idea how to do it) Just wanted to give you a shout out, i'm on the antibiotics so didn't hit the gas but god i would love a few frothies to celebrate that win, was amazing. Hope you are enjoying it wherever you are ;)
Believe me when I say that I will consume your quota on your behalf tonight:p
Igloo is probably still sober and better able to explain the tag. But it's ampersand (@) then the username of the person you wish to tag. As you type a drop down menu appears and you can click the user name you want. How'd i do Igloo

Believe me when I say that I will consume your quota on your behalf tonight:p
Igloo is probably still sober and better able to explain the tag. But it's ampersand (@) then the username of the person you wish to tag. As you type a drop down menu appears and you can click the user name you want. How'd i do Igloo
Haha, outstandingly explained, NW :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back