Review Autopsy vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Once again some real nice signs from the kids, long pathetic periods of play, and then some other really good periods of play, pretty typical game for this season

Bonts is a gun. Enjoyed the passion from the crowd.

Another thing on the whole KPF, midfield debate I read about when browsing your board. I think if you recruited or even developed a gun KPF before you build a gun midfield you leave that player without any opportunities, and in the off chance they become a gun they're vulnerable to poaching, and they won't have much incentive to stay. Getting your mids right is the way to go about it IMO, and that's what you guys have done. I wouldn't be to disheartened.

Enjoy the finals/off season.

First quarter was shocking. They had control all day, but at least we showed enough to keep it under 100.

Hrovat was very good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't give a •••• if it's bad sportsmanship, but Adam Goodes is the biggest whinging •••• (starts with c) In AFL atm, and if any/all of Goodes/Franklin/Tippett/Richards have a career-ending knee injury prior to the grand final, I will laugh.... A lot.
And if any Swans supporter replies to this post, go **** yourself.
As for the game... Pffft.

Morris, Murph, Hrovat, Stringer and Cordy all did well.
Austin, worst by a mile but Crameri, Coons, Boyd and Higgins very ordinary too.
Too many games lost by a quarter of just not being mentally in the game.
Not liking the coaching and match selectors this year.

Today made me very angrey watching the Swans and their extra salary cap that assists one of the strongest clubs + the umpires looking after them all day. AFL has a lot to answer for and I am losing interest in the comp with the farcial uneven playing field that exists in the comp

Cordy jumping early or late in contests at the centre bounce... come on what on earth?

I really don't give a •••• if it's bad sportsmanship, but Adam Goodes is the biggest whinging •••• (starts with c) In AFL atm, and if any/all of Goodes/Franklin/Tippett/Richards have a career-ending knee injury prior to the grand final, I will laugh.... A lot.
And if any Swans supporter replies to this post, go **** yourself.
As for the game... Pffft.
Love the passion.

So much meh with our football atm. You could tell Griff had enough at the end, just started steamrolling through players. Stringer was good.

Yeah, Griff's "* this" play in the last 5 minutes was amusing.

Is anyone really surprised? Haven't had a chance to watch the game but that scoreline is about what is expected against the best team in the league gearing up for finals.
We also had about 5 or 6 missing out of our best 22. So all in all not worth making a big deal about.

We look miles off playing finals again.

There were 4-5 players in the 22 who should not be on our list next year.

Who are the 4 or 5? I am betting Austin is one, maybe Jong, but not sure on the rest - Higgins, Cooney and Crameri seem to have too big a variation between their best and worst performances for senior players but at their best are worthy of a place.

- Our defensive pressure was so inconsistent today.

- Our kicking for goal was pathetic.

- Although I don't think we are far off of the 6th - 8th ranked teams (NM, Ess etc), we are light years behind a team like Sydney.

- Hrovat, Libba and Macrae were very good today.

- Loved JJ's attack.

- Don't think Cordy was anywhere near as bad what some were making out. I actually thought he battled on okay.

- Crameri's consistency is very ordinary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back