Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ballarat Football League 2009 mk II

Interesting to see if Darley have any pride in there club this weekend..............to take the coaches line.......lets get revenge on the score board.........but thats bs when your club gets questioned like Darley have..

Will Anderson play for Ballarat???? Doubt it.hes not that brave.......if Darley have any pride ..........square the ledger and give the league something to really investigate..........., get on the ground early wait at the race for Ballarat to run on the ground, and let them run through you to get on the ground.........my bet is they will run the other way and enter via the old change room area and the stand near the umpires and all turn and smile at the cameras they will have all around the ground so the can have video evidence when they squeal to the league this time.

To Miller you have 2 reasons to square the ledger from the last time they played Ballarat...........remember this.....if in doubt...........knock them out......and to the rest of the Darley football club..........nothing like a good old fashioned blood bath to regain some pride and respect.
Typical Sunbury mentality.

Your a disgrace son !

Re: Ballarat Football League 2009

A player was red carded - it was on film and shown at the tribunal - the player did not get 1 week for the incident. Can you explain how an umpire can send a player off in the 1st 5 mins of a Grand Final and the footage clearly shows nothing in it. Zero weeks!

Sunbury are to blame or the umpires?
Saw the incident it was dirty and when the ump brought out the card he king hit someone and started again. Maybe the angle didn't show it clear?
That is in the past, was just pointing out a few things. You watch Darley will go out there this week with the wrong sort of agression and prob throw the game away. They have not learnt how to channel there agression.
Who cares there is always a YEAH BUT, with you guys discussion over, move on.
Either way it is going to be a cracker final series this year, anyone can win it lets talk current footy issues.

PS This is rather average with out the old crew of DRAT, KA ect, well done shaggy.

Interesting to see if Darley have any pride in there club this weekend..............to take the coaches line.......lets get revenge on the score board.........but thats bs when your club gets questioned like Darley have..

Will Anderson play for Ballarat???? Doubt it.hes not that brave.......if Darley have any pride ..........square the ledger and give the league something to really investigate..........., get on the ground early wait at the race for Ballarat to run on the ground, and let them run through you to get on the ground.........my bet is they will run the other way and enter via the old change room area and the stand near the umpires and all turn and smile at the cameras they will have all around the ground so the can have video evidence when they squeal to the league this time.

To Miller you have 2 reasons to square the ledger from the last time they played Ballarat...........remember this.....if in doubt...........knock them out......and to the rest of the Darley football club..........nothing like a good old fashioned blood bath to regain some pride and respect.

Typical Sunbury mentality.

Your a disgrace son !

Learnt all his tricks originally at Gisborne I believe ! :eek:

Where are Drat, KA et al???? Why no posts from them in such a while?

Both red carded.

It looks like the BFL umps have moved to looking after the Lakers. After South lead by 5 goals at half time the umps handed out 20 free kicks to Lakers and 5 to South in the 2nd half. Four 50 meter penalities resulted in 4 Lakers goal. Wow this may be an all time high from the umps. More and more people are taking note however.

Saw the incident it was dirty and when the ump brought out the card he king hit someone and started again. Maybe the angle didn't show it clear?
That is in the past, was just pointing out a few things. You watch Darley will go out there this week with the wrong sort of agression and prob throw the game away. They have not learnt how to channel there agression.
Who cares there is always a YEAH BUT, with you guys discussion over, move on.
Either way it is going to be a cracker final series this year, anyone can win it lets talk current footy issues.

PS This is rather average with out the old crew of DRAT, KA ect, well done shaggy.

Give me your address and I will send you the footage. The footage was clear - and it clearly showed NO contact was made. Sure from 150 meters away it may have looked terrible to you but end of the day there was nothing in it. Just beacuse one of the Redan players got lippy and then curled up into a ball when Power went after him does not excuse the red card handed out when nothing happened.

You need to work out what a king hit is - Power walked straight up to him and gave him one. He knew it was coming and he sh!t is pants. Not as lippy anymore however.

Give me your address and I will send you the footage. The footage was clear - and it clearly showed NO contact was made. Sure from 150 meters away it may have looked terrible to you but end of the day there was nothing in it. Just beacuse one of the Redan players got lippy and then curled up into a ball when Power went after him does not excuse the red card handed out when nothing happened.

You need to work out what a king hit is - Power walked straight up to him and gave him one. He knew it was coming and he sh!t is pants. Not as lippy anymore however.

OOOH Yeah! Power would strike the fear of god into anyone.

Wasn't the lippy one Mark Kennedy who has 2 best on ground medals from premiership wins? But hey, that doesn't matter because BIG tough little he man made him s**t his pants and then sat on the wood for the rest of the day and watched Redan lift the cup.

Wasn't the lippy one Mark Kennedy who has 2 best on ground medals from premiership wins? But hey, that doesn't matter because BIG tough little he man made him s**t his pants and then sat on the wood for the rest of the day and watched Redan lift the cup.

Say something next time you pass him in the street. Somehow I think you will be another that curls into a ball. Power has plenty of BFL premierships so I think he is fine. Now talk of Kennedy - wasn't he the one that looked like Tarzan but played like Jane? Squelled like a little girl when things got rough. Typically Ballarat.

It looks like the BFL umps have moved to looking after the Lakers. After South lead by 5 goals at half time the umps handed out 20 free kicks to Lakers and 5 to South in the 2nd half. Four 50 meter penalities resulted in 4 Lakers goal. Wow this may be an all time high from the umps. More and more people are taking note however.

First, IMO Lake Wendouree are a quality side and don't need the umps help.

Second, I think Melton South have some cause to be a a tad cranky with the umpiring, the whistle really came out in force in the final term and as a neutral I can say that a vast majority of the 50/50 calls went the Lakers way.

That said the Panthers lost focus in the 3rd quarter and Lake Wendouree being the top side they are lifted. One of the 50's I felt was definately there and the 50m-pen Dransman was going to get only for it to be reversed was a fair call as well. When a ruckman like O'Day throws himself hip first to another player who's on the ground, you will always get pinged.

Say something next time you pass him in the street. Somehow I think you will be another that curls into a ball. Power has plenty of BFL premierships so I think he is fine. Now talk of Kennedy - wasn't he the one that looked like Tarzan but played like Jane? Squelled like a little girl when things got rough. Typically Ballarat.

Yep. Squealing like a little girl while drinking from Redans premiership cups. As opposed to squealing like a little girl about umpiring.

Kenno is one of the hardest footballers I have ever seen and still throws his body at every contest! Chuck sound like a Sunbury supporter with his nose out of joint. I'd have my nose out of joint two if I had met Redan as favourite in 4 grand finals and won one! ;)
Two BOG medals well deserved by a very good footballer who still dominates!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You silly,silly man do u think this is not worth a send off?????????????????
It is like flogging a dead horse with you lot, punching people to try to win finals went out as soon as the send off card system came into play. Do you honestly believe that losing a player of power's quality for even 15 min is worth him punching someone.
You continue to cry fowl with ump decisions, and blame them for the fact that between you, you guys have not won every flag since you entered the comp. I believe whole hartedly that you guys are responsible for turning this league arround and have forced Ballarat sides to build better teams and clubs, but blaming all your problems on umps is piss weak.
Move with the times, punching, elbowing, kicking, headbutting, whatever has and never will be considered tough. Putting your head over the ball, running back with the flight, putting your body on the line is tough. This is what wins flags, playing as a team, playing for your mates, playing for the jumper is what wins flags. Not playing for checks in the mail.

This is my point, wearing one to the chops for a medal is what tough football is about. That is respect right there.

Ask him which one he thinks about more and i bet he will tell you that, the one he thinks about is the one in which he spent 95% of the time on the pine. I have no doubt that if he had of played 4 quarters that sunb would have another cup in their cupboard. The boy was one of the best ever to play in this league, but can blame no one for the situations he sometimes found himself in.

two bog in gf wins says it all. Mark kennedy was a quality player

yep. Squealing like a little girl while drinking from redans premiership cups. As opposed to squealing like a little girl about umpiring.

kenno is one of the hardest footballers i have ever seen and still throws his body at every contest! Chuck sound like a sunbury supporter with his nose out of joint. I'd have my nose out of joint two if i had met redan as favourite in 4 grand finals and won one! ;)
two bog medals well deserved by a very good footballer who still dominates!

yes yes and yes>

You silly,silly man do u think this is not worth a send off?????????????????
It is like flogging a dead horse with you lot, punching people to try to win finals went out as soon as the send off card system came into play. Do you honestly believe that losing a player of power's quality for even 15 min is worth him punching someone.
You continue to cry fowl with ump decisions, and blame them for the fact that between you, you guys have not won every flag since you entered the comp. I believe whole hartedly that you guys are responsible for turning this league arround and have forced Ballarat sides to build better teams and clubs, but blaming all your problems on umps is piss weak.
Move with the times, punching, elbowing, kicking, headbutting, whatever has and never will be considered tough. Putting your head over the ball, running back with the flight, putting your body on the line is tough. This is what wins flags, playing as a team, playing for your mates, playing for the jumper is what wins flags. Not playing for checks in the mail.

You were not there - Power was red carded for an incident with Kennedy - he did not get 1 week for that incident. The bloke he punched in the face was another weak Redan player that got lippy when Power was walking off. He was already carded when he punched someone. So the send off was a terrible decision by a weak umpire and the punch in the face was because a Redan player made another terrible decision by getting lippy. As stated before - Power has many BFL premierships and drank out of lots of cups. He also ran Kennedy out of the BalFL. Coward.

The Devils got some touch back, but are still a way off their best. Will win all our remaining games before finals and slowly get better and get some games into some guys that have had some time off, ie Newton, Urch, Dryden, Guerra, Whelan.
Whats the go with East Point, was it just the conditions or cant they score without DJ, 2.5.17 in a game is a disgrace.

Kenno is one of the hardest footballers I have ever seen and still throws his body at every contest! Chuck sound like a Sunbury supporter with his nose out of joint. I'd have my nose out of joint two if I had met Redan as favourite in 4 grand finals and won one! ;)
Two BOG medals well deserved by a very good footballer who still dominates!

Couldn't agree more

Whats the go with East Point, was it just the conditions or cant they score without DJ, 2.5.17 in a game is a disgrace.

East lost because Redan played far, better wet weather football. Might have been a different story in the dry. Even with DJ the result wouldnt have been much different yesterday as it was hardly in the East forward area all day. Top marks to Sam Kitchin though, one of the East players who had a dip all day and was still going in hard at the end. Frightful weather conditions though. Ground wasnt too bad considering. Bit greasy here and there.

East lost because Redan played far, better wet weather football. Might have been a different story in the dry. Even with DJ the result wouldnt have been much different yesterday as it was hardly in the East forward area all day. Top marks to Sam Kitchin though, one of the East players who had a dip all day and was still going in hard at the end. Frightful weather conditions though. Ground wasnt too bad considering. Bit greasy here and there.

Summed up the match very well. Except the end of the City Oval (not the pleasent st end) is absolutely terrible. Obviously worse for wear after two previous games on it. Big win by the Lions in the 18's as well, giving Redan a 2 game gap at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back