Bancroft overlooked

Remove this Banner Ad

The same Langer that lost not 1 but TWO home series against India…he was an okay limited over coach that’s about it. Drew to England in England against one of the worst English sides yeah we can blame Paine and his DRS fiasco but it should never have even been that close

Langer was basically pushed to the margins by the ashes anyway, teams just got steadily better since langers control on the side was reduced, was just a massively over rated coach and we are better off with him gone.

What I don't like about CA is that the preferred people have clearly been briefed with the talking points etc.
Warner anointing his replacement was just stupid but the whole Smith thing started with Watson. Anyone who doesn't think that wasn't orchestrated by key people in the Australian team to get the conversation about Smith opening started is kidding themselves. Watson was doing what he was asked to do and it was a decision that was already discussed and likely made by that point.

Robert Craddock has been reading the talking points as well over the past few days. There's definitely key people who are used by CA to validate what they do or at least their key points disguised as opinion.

I don't care whether Bancroft plays or doesn't play. I'm not Western Australian, Victorian or a Queenslander I have no preference or interest beyond feeling sorry for Bancroft. And the reason I feel sorry for him is depiste what others are saying it's clear there's key players in the team who don't want him there.

Warner - "Harris should replace me"...
Smith - "I suddenly want to open"
Cummins and the bowlers being the same.

Renshaw being selected as the back-up is clearly the 'he's our preferred when Khawaja' leaves statement. Renshaw has struggled at Shield level and even if he continues to struggle they're just going to keep picking him. Or will they just stop him playing shield so that he doesn't have to perform?
I could just as easily ask if we are going to stop Bancroft playing for Australia A so he doesn’t have to perform.

This nonsense has debunked many times in this thread.

Langer was basically pushed to the margins by the ashes anyway, teams just got steadily better since langers control on the side was reduced, was just a massively over rated coach and we are better off with him gone.

Yep. I agree very limited coach who had massive flaws

I could just as easily ask if we are going to stop Bancroft playing for Australia A so he doesn’t have to perform.

This nonsense has debunked many times in this thread.
so the argument is he didn't perform in one recent game? as opposed to the actual season in the shield.
Renshaw should be playing shield cricket for the remainder of the season. He has struggled and if he does want to be annointed to eventually replace Khawaja them making runs domestically against quality attacks is pretty important I would have thought.

Weren't India far better than Australia at that time?

Why highlight England were a bad team, but not highlight India were good.

Thats seems very disingenuous?

it also doesn't chance an ounce of truth to what i said, that Cummins would 100% cockblock Bancroft if he wanted too.

They weren’t that good and managed to lose to an Indian side that rested their whole attack and their best bat for most of it. Shouldn’t be losing twice at home.

The real message to Bancroft from CA via a chosen mouthpiece.

"...Never play Test cricket again"

The politics of sport is super fascinating.

I quote this because it is dead on:

"As with most generalisations, the large majority of people from Western Australia are fair-minded and even-tempered contributors to the Australian national project, compatriots that the rest of us are lucky to have. Alongside them lives an extremely vocal minority, including a few elected officials, with an astounding ratio of chip to shoulder when it comes to their relationship with everywhere on the other side of that long straight cross-continental line.

These are the people who complained it was unfair to miss out on Test matches during the pandemic, when their border was locked down like Andy Dufresne. When Tests did return and a paltry crowd showed up, they said that obviously nobody could go outside school holidays. When this season’s match moved to the school holidays, they said nobody could go because it was a work week. On the Saturday? People couldn’t go because club cricket was on. And the Sunday, when only 9,000 showed up to see Lyon become the third and probably last Australian bowler to reach 500 Test wickets, they said it was too close to Christmas and everyone was tired.

In that context, there is a hitherto unreached level of comedy to claiming state discrimination against Cameron Bancroft, a Western Australian who has made his case with runs in the Sheffield Shield, in favour of Cameron Green, a … Western Australian who made his case with runs in the Sheffield Shield."

Cummins effectively assed Langer after a series sweep in the Ashes and then got the teams major sponsor dumped because of his own personal views.

The idea he wouldn't do the same to Bancroft is utterly laughable.
Your timeline is wrong.

In 2018, Alinta signed a four-year deal.

In 2021, Pat Cummins became Australian captain.

In 2022, Pat Cummins said he didn't want to appear in Alinta ads.

AFTER that conversation, Alinta still extended their deal by another 12 months.

Your timeline is wrong.

Dude, get with the program, Cummins is Captain Woke and that’s final, don’t you be bringing facts to this debate

I quote this because it is dead on:

"As with most generalisations, the large majority of people from Western Australia are fair-minded and even-tempered contributors to the Australian national project, compatriots that the rest of us are lucky to have. Alongside them lives an extremely vocal minority, including a few elected officials, with an astounding ratio of chip to shoulder when it comes to their relationship with everywhere on the other side of that long straight cross-continental line.

These are the people who complained it was unfair to miss out on Test matches during the pandemic, when their border was locked down like Andy Dufresne. When Tests did return and a paltry crowd showed up, they said that obviously nobody could go outside school holidays. When this season’s match moved to the school holidays, they said nobody could go because it was a work week. On the Saturday? People couldn’t go because club cricket was on. And the Sunday, when only 9,000 showed up to see Lyon become the third and probably last Australian bowler to reach 500 Test wickets, they said it was too close to Christmas and everyone was tired.

In that context, there is a hitherto unreached level of comedy to claiming state discrimination against Cameron Bancroft, a Western Australian who has made his case with runs in the Sheffield Shield, in favour of Cameron Green, a … Western Australian who made his case with runs in the Sheffield Shield."

Ohhhh that might trigger a few posters on here haha

Ok, I’ll put it like this.

Shield runs are great. They indicate form at Shield level and may indicate success at test level.

Technique is as big, if not more of an indicator of success at test level.

Prolific shield players who flopped at test level include David Hookes, Phillip Hughes and Greg Blewett all had significant technical flaws.

Modest/decent Shield players who had great test careers include Smith, S Waugh and MJ Clarke. You may wish to include Labuschagne and Warner in this group. These players had/have good techniques and applied themselves properly.

Bancroft is in that first group. So is Harris. Renshaw is closer to the second group.

Shield runs count for s**t if the evidence is the player will not convert at test level.
I agree with this btw, but Steve scored 6600 Shield runs at 49.7.

The same state that thinks Josh Inglis is the best cricketer to have ever played the game and that Lance Morris is the next Michael Holding.

Inglis is a much better limited overs cricketer at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Though the hype around Lance Morris being Shaun Tait reincarnated is hilariously wide of the mark.

Or, perhaps about 10-15km/h (even up to 20km/h) off the mark.

Really? I thought he bowled up to 150? I'm not sure I've ever seen him bowl actually
In the BBL he's regularly around the low 140s, high 130s. The fastest I think I've seen clocked in is around 145 but that is not a regular thing.

You could be forgiven for thinking he bowled 150 regularly, all the commentators and media seem to hype him up as doing it every other ball, but I've never seen it.

The whole "wild thing" moniker being given to him is a joke.

In the BBL he's regularly around the low 140s, high 130s. The fastest I think I've seen clocked in is around 145 but that is not a regular thing.

You could be forgiven for thinking he bowled 150 regularly, all the commentators and media seem to hype him up as doing it every other ball, but I've never seen it.

The whole "wild thing" moniker being given to him is a joke.

Fair enough. Well I was actually a fan of picking him in the first test cause I thought he was real quick and you need to pick them when they're that quick. Low 140s is not going to get him to replace Cummins/Hazlewood/Starc, even Green gets up to 140 from memory.

Fair enough. Well I was actually a fan of picking him in the first test cause I thought he was real quick and you need to pick them when they're that quick. Low 140s is not going to get him to replace Cummins/Hazlewood/Starc, even Green gets up to 140 from memory.
Yeah pace wise he's nothing special.

I do think he's a decent bowler, though, and think he's right around the mark for selection based on overall quality. I'd rather have a look at him than Boland again, personally.

He's quick enough to bother Test batters IMO, but yeah as the others have said the hype about his speed being consistently 150 is bullshit.

Speaking of fast bowlers I'm not sure why Liam Hatcher doesn't get more hype. He's over 145 regularly and is a good 5 faster than Morris.

I swear 2 or 3 yrs ago he was mid-late 130s. Where's the extra pace come from?

Your timeline is wrong.

i didn't give a timeline? Nor is my comment un factual.

Cummins still was the major reason Alinta did not sign long term.

Cummins raised ethical objections with new Alinta deal with Nick Hockley PRIOR to extending - following much public furore Alinta didn't stay on.

Alinta was a lifeline after CA were dumped by Magellan, following the cheating scandal. Nice of Cummins to s**t on them, after they poured sponsorship money in at a dire time when other CA sponsors were running for the hills.

yeah but im he wouldn't do it to bancroft. l o l

Last edited:
Speaking of fast bowlers I'm not sure why Liam Hatcher doesn't get more hype. He's over 145 regularly and is a good 5 faster than Morris.

I swear 2 or 3 yrs ago he was mid-late 130s. Where's the extra pace come from?

Not good enough simple. Shield standard at best

That's obvious, but in terms of just the pace he's never mentioned.

Meredith is shield standard at best but gets talked about because of pace.

Hatcher has a decent case for being the fastest bowler in the comp.

Spencer Johnson would be a yard quicker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back