Barlow knocks back offer from DEES

Remove this Banner Ad

Fabulous said:
Chris Barlow who was the favoured replacement has told the club thanks but no thanks. Chances are the club will go one short this season.

Good, he's crap and we don't want duds like him on our list. Never any good at Hawthorn, so he'll never be any good at Melbourne.

Jumped before he was pushed. I'm told he was never going to be picked anyway after blending in nicely last Sunday with a lot of blokes who are going to play VFL reserves.

Fabulous said:
Chris Barlow who was the favoured replacement has told the club thanks but no thanks. Chances are the club will go one short this season.

Same i don't care, i am not excited about anyone available out there. Be happier going 1 short and hounourin Broady.

if barlow fit , woulda been a good aquisition 4 a year 2 help u down back. he can play............... im guessing the money offered wouldnt have been real good so he mighta opted 2 stay at his other club on similar money.

Apparantley you blokes told him he had to go to the local sports shop and bye all Melbourne gear so he could blend in at training, word was the club couldnt afford a couple of hundread bucks for his training stuff ;) . Gee your a rich lot down at Melbourne :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tige19 said:
Apparantley you blokes told him he had to go to the local sports shop and bye all Melbourne gear so he could blend in at training, word was the club couldnt afford a couple of hundread bucks for his training stuff ;) . Gee your a rich lot down at Melbourne :D
OMG that is so funny....man, have you ever thought of stand up?

Now, coming on here and bagging Melbourne really isnt a good idea, seeing as your worthless bunch of sh1ts down at that pig sty in Glenferrie cant manage to string together a few wins on the trot. Have fun shoving your wooden spoon up your a$$ this year, douchebag.

Marns said:
OMG that is so funny....man, have you ever thought of stand up?

Now, coming on here and bagging Melbourne really isnt a good idea, seeing as your worthless bunch of sh1ts down at that pig sty in Glenferrie cant manage to string together a few wins on the trot. Have fun shoving your wooden spoon up your a$$ this year, douchebag.

I think what Marns means is enjoy your season ;) :D :D

Haha, too right i do.

In the words of Fr. Lovejoy off the Simpsons: "See you (hawthorn) in hell...from heaven"

tige19 said:

Pity you blokes can't "bye" an education so that we could understand what you're trying to tell us.

tige19 said:

Apparently you aren't performing too crash hot in English class are you?

Poopa said:
I think what Marns means is enjoy your season ;) :D :D

lmao...........that bought a chuckle reading that....

think ur only real weakness is down back and he mighta been pretty useful, can play tall or short down back and can also play forward.

anyways enjoy ur season also

LukeHodge15 said:
lmao...........that bought a chuckle reading that....

think ur only real weakness is down back and he mighta been pretty useful, can play tall or short down back and can also play forward.

anyways enjoy ur season also

Injury free our backline isn't much of a problem (hence the point of the recruitment of an extra player, if they were to get injured), but I don't think Barlow would have been the soloution.

We have Bell, Miller, Ferg, Smith, Holland, Wheats who can all pintch hit down back, i don't really think Barlow would make much of a differce

Poopa said:
Injury free our backline isn't much of a problem (hence the point of the recruitment of an extra player, if they were to get injured), but I don't think Barlow would have been the soloution.

We have Bell, Miller, Ferg, Smith, Holland, Wheats who can all pintch hit down back, i don't really think Barlow would make much of a differce

bell....really a running type midfielder that can pinch hit of half back, cant really play tall
miller...should really be persisting with him at chf , after his great year last year
smith....very injury prone
holland....barlow a way better player than holland
wheats....good solid running half back that can play either tall or small
rivers......gun player with no fear that maybe a little light 2 hold chb on the gorillas
bizzel......another floating half back that read play very well
nicholson...player that all melbourne players love 2 hate but options rnt really plentiful down here so maybe have 2 persist.

its irrelevant now but just think u mighta got more outa barlow 4 a year than a player like motlop/blumfield etc

Troy Broadbridge's sad passing would have caused a few problems and left a hole in Melbourne's plans for the year.

I would have thought that Barlow or Blumfield would have had some simarlarities to the type of player Broadbridge was whereas Motlop would seem to me to be replacing an apple with an orange.

Out of the two I would have thought that Blumfield would be the sensible pick, given that he is (although only now a VFL player at Bendigo) he is based in Melbourne and has been trains with Essendon. Blumfield is 27 as opposed to Barlow being 30 0dd.

LukeHodge15 said:
bell....really a running type midfielder that can pinch hit of half back, cant really play tall
miller...should really be persisting with him at chf , after his great year last year
smith....very injury prone
holland....barlow a way better player than holland
wheats....good solid running half back that can play either tall or small
rivers......gun player with no fear that maybe a little light 2 hold chb on the gorillas
bizzel......another floating half back that read play very well
nicholson...player that all melbourne players love 2 hate but options rnt really plentiful down here so maybe have 2 persist.

its irrelevant now but just think u mighta got more outa barlow 4 a year than a player like motlop/blumfield etc

You make a good point, and sum up the players quite well, but Barlow as Smith, Miller, Holland, Bell would only be pinch hitters if we where hit by injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back