Movie Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24 release date)

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if there will be any TV spot for BvS during the Superbowl? Think Marvel were doing Deadpool and Captain America commercials.

I wonder if there will be any TV spot for BvS during the Superbowl? Think Marvel were doing Deadpool and Captain America commercials.

The Xmen one was pretty good, the Civil war one sucks

The Xmen one was pretty good, the Civil war one sucks

Deadpool have one?

A marketing deal with Turkish Airlines has given us these two clips:

Very clever. Loved the Ace Chemicals inclusions.

And Affleck continues to look magnificent.

Those look awesome - like how they gave both Metropolis and Gotham their own videos. Can start to see the different 'classes' between the 2 cities.

Deadpool have one?

Those look awesome - like how they gave both Metropolis and Gotham their own videos. Can start to see the different 'classes' between the 2 cities.

I liked the boasting/ego element with Lex & Bruce, can already see that rivalry emerging. I'm wondering though which city has been chosen as Gotham's backdrop?

Obviously its NYC for Metropolis, but need to watch it again to see what Gotham is based on.

Great read on Superman and how DC have stuffed up again and again by constantly trying to "fix" him despite the fact he's never been broken.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/02/the-trouble-with-superman/435408/

That was a good read. Very comprehensive.

A minor thing, but he did in fact (momentarily) smile in one of the BvS trailers. A brief moment with Martha in the SDCC trailer.

I do agree with the praise of All Star Superman. I really liked it. Should read it again actually, its been years.

Have you read Secret Identity? I haven't yet. In fact I'm a bit out of date with recent Superman stuff.

I liked the boasting/ego element with Lex & Bruce, can already see that rivalry emerging. I'm wondering though which city has been chosen as Gotham's backdrop?

Obviously its NYC for Metropolis, but need to watch it again to see what Gotham is based on.

The same. Loved the gargoyle addition reminded me of the arkham games.

The same. Loved the gargoyle addition reminded me of the arkham games.

The Gargoyle's made me think of Court of Owls. the Gotham skyline is hard it could be Chicago. I know they used Detroit so shoot as Gotham

Great read on Superman and how DC have stuffed up again and again by constantly trying to "fix" him despite the fact he's never been broken.

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2016/02/the-trouble-with-superman/435408/

Interesting read!

FWIW, I think I read something last year suggesting comic book sales are generally across the board on the decline. I think DC even went so far to cut some of their new 52 series from print production to save costs.

I'm curious to see how they handle Supes in BvS. I thought Cavill was largely fine in MoS and hopefully with stronger writing from Terrio, he'll be better again. Granted some aspects of his character or his actions split audiences. I think (or hope) we'll see a Clark more comfortable with his powers and who wants to set an example for others to aspire to be.

There is a 'Giant' Batman v Superman event planned for Good Morning America on the 15th - maybe the final trailer before the film hits?

Interesting read!

FWIW, I think I read something last year suggesting comic book sales are generally across the board on the decline. I think DC even went so far to cut some of their new 52 series from print production to save costs.

I'm curious to see how they handle Supes in BvS. I thought Cavill was largely fine in MoS and hopefully with stronger writing from Terrio, he'll be better again. Granted some aspects of his character or his actions split audiences. I think (or hope) we'll see a Clark more comfortable with his powers and who wants to set an example for others to aspire to be.

There is a 'Giant' Batman v Superman event planned for Good Morning America on the 15th - maybe the final trailer before the film hits?
Cavill's performance was great, and for the first half they nailed it. Then when he started throwing Zod through buildings with no regard for civillian causalities I got a bit annoyed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cavill's performance was great, and for the first half they nailed it. Then when he started throwing Zod through buildings with no regard for civillian causalities I got a bit annoyed.

Definitely agree on Cavill. I saw the man from U.N.C.L.E. a few weeks back and he really impressed me with his acting in that - he's far better than I originally gave him credit for. With hopefully better material to work with in BvS, he hopefully will put in another good performance. Really looking forward to seeing more of Clark the reporter this time out.

I've got confidence Affleck will nail Bruce from what we've seen so hopefully Cavill and Supes can match that same high level too. Signs look good from the limited trailers and footage we've seen IMO. :thumbsu:

Definitely agree on Cavill. I saw the man from U.N.C.L.E. a few weeks back and he really impressed me with his acting in that - he's far better than I originally gave him credit for. With hopefully better material to work with in BvS, he hopefully will put in another good performance. Really looking forward to seeing more of Clark the reporter this time out.

I've got confidence Affleck will nail Bruce from what we've seen so hopefully Cavill and Supes can match that same high level too. Signs look good from the limited trailers and footage we've seen IMO. :thumbsu:
I've been saying for a while that Cavill should be the next James Bond. Man From UNCLE further cemented that in my mind.

When is it coming out?
oh, yeah, and #batman is better than Superman

https://countingdownto.com/countdow...wn-of-justice-23-march-2016-countdown-clock-0

22_dc.w529.h529.jpg

When I rewatched it last week I noticed his carelessness started a lot earlier than the Metropolis battle.

At the Kent farm, when he flew into Zod and they crashed through a couple of silos and he then just rams him into a what looks like a service station. Complete disregard for anyone around him.

Later though in Smallville, he does tell people to lock themselves inside as its not safe with Faora approaching. That's something at least.

When I rewatched it last week I noticed his carelessness started a lot earlier than the Metropolis battle.

At the Kent farm, when he flew into Zod and they crashed through a couple of silos and he then just rams him into a what looks like a service station. Complete disregard for anyone around him.

Later though in Smallville, he does tell people to lock themselves inside as its not safe with Faora approaching. That's something at least.

for mine i saw that as superman not understanding his powers and the consequences of his actions. kinda like an obsessive person or stalker.

he learned after but

for mine i saw that as superman not understanding his powers and the consequences of his actions. kinda like an obsessive person or stalker.

he learned after but
I had no issue with the Zod bit because, like you, I took that as not knowing his powers. And him telling people to get inside showed he learned from that.

Then Metropolis happened.

he learned after but

There was also a moment a few moments later when the he lifts the other kryptonian and hurls him towards a rail yard. Who knows how many (if any) people were present there.

Interspersed with these scenes are moments where he does save people - a soldier falling out of a tumbling helicopter for example. So there's a bit in each category.

Metropolis was a different story though. Carnage. Albeit, the majority of the destruction occurred before he arrived.

Interesting the population listed of 3 million for Metropolis and 2.5 million for Gotham. I like this sort of viral marketing, I read everything.

The destruction of Metropolis was mentioned a few times in its bio/profile. Heroes Park on its map - I wonder if that's where the monument is.

Interesting the population listed of 3 million for Metropolis and 2.5 million for Gotham. I like this sort of viral marketing, I read everything.

The destruction of Metropolis was mentioned a few times in its bio/profile. Heroes Park on its map - I wonder if that's where the monument is.
Yeah it is a cool bit of marketing. I doubt many know about the sites yet. They had the Lexcorp stuff with LexOS at NYCC in October

Remove this Banner Ad

Back